Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
    Here is how I made my Alex Kingston signature in Photoshop CS5.

Spoiler:

1) Open a new document, I chose 500×180. Fill with #2a2132.

2) Open and paste this gears stock into the document. Set this to Soft Light, 100%.

3) Open and paste this set of flowers into the document. Line up the white line to as close to the center as possible. Set to Overlay, 100%.

4) Open and paste the path stock into the document. Desaturate and resize to where only the path is visible. Move this layer to one side of the line from the previous step. Duplicate this layer and move this one to the other side of the line. Set both to Overlay, 100%.

5) Open and paste this stock of lanterns into the document. Set to Overlay, 100%. Erase what you don’t like.

6) Open and paste these lights into the document. Set to Lighten, 100%. Move to just to the left of where you are thinking of putting your character/actor.

7) Open and paste these lines into the document. Set to Lighten, 100%. Scale way down and rotate so that the lines are coming from the top. Move to just above the lights from previous step.

8) Open your character/actor and paste into the document. I used one of these 4 pictures of Alex Kingston. Resize if need be. Cut out the character/actor completely from the background. Place where you wish them to go.

9) Take this texture from KrypteriaHG and paste into the document. Set to Lighten, 100%. Erase whatever you don’t like.

10) Take another texture from KrypteriaHG and paste into the document. Set to Lighten, 100%. Move to where the clock is in the bottome left corner. Erase all but the clock and a little above it. Duplicate this layer and move to the right until the stars are on the right side of the character/actor. Erase what you don’t like.

11) Take this last texture from KrypteriaHG and paste into the document. Set to Lighten, 50%. Move to where your character is in the center of the triangle.

12) Open this PSD by BriniGirl and move the folder into your document. Leave as is.

13) I didn’t like how bright the blue was so I created a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer and set it to Soft Light, 100%.
    -Colorize checked.
    –Hue: 70
    —Satuarion: 59
    —-Lightness: -6

14) Text. Alex Kingston: Justus, 30pt. Color: #21494f
    -Drop Shadow: Default except Spread: 20.
    –Outer Glow: #ede2e7. Opacity: 30%. Rest Default.
    —Bevel and Emboss/Contour: Style: Pillow Emboss. Rest Default.
    —-Color Overlay: #7c9b9f. Opacity: 50%.

15) Create a stamp and use Topaz Clean, Crispstyle. Everything on Default. Set at Normal, 60%.

16) Create another stamp and use Paint Daubs. 1, 1. Set to Normal, 70%.

17) Watermark your work, if you do.

18) Create one last stamp and open Blending Options. Stroke: Leave at default but for the color, choose the darkest color in your work and let that color be your border.

And you are finished!

If you wish to follow this same tutorial but with images, you can follow it at my blog, here.

Enjoy!

FYI: Gorgeous entries!

Thank you for being so generous with your work and your resources. Gears are now my fetish stock so I have to try this, somehow...
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
      i really like that second one RIG!
      Originally posted by maneth View Post
      Great stuff RiG!
      Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      I really like the middle one!
      Thanks guys! The second/middle one is my favorite one too.

And amazing entries everyone!
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Awesome job Everyone!!! Love the Superman one RIG!

Comment

Lovely arties everyone and thanks for the tut yamii!

Looks like the tut can be followed with CS2 as well, although I don't have Topaz...
          sigpic

Comment

JW and Mane: You are welcome If you don't have Topaz, just use whatever filters you use to finish your piece

And JW: You posted before I did so I wanted to say that you did an excellent job with those tuts
            sigpic
            Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

My take on yamii's tut above:

I took a few shortcuts and couldn't find a pillow emboss in CS2...

Last edited by maneth; 06 July 2013, 01:06 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Neither do I. Still, it looks great and fits the Doctor quite well.
                sigpic

Comment

Okay, tried a new tutorial on light effects

sigpic

Comment

Wow, that looks very cool. One has to choose carefuly which images to use because it's very rich visualy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                      My take on yamii's tut above:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...psb8c7d9d7.jpg

I took a few shortcuts and couldn't find a pillow emboss in CS2...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...psecee7c6e.jpg
                      Very nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                        Awesome job Everyone!!! Love the Superman one RIG!
                        Thanks!

Great work mane!

Lovely piece Nola!
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Thanks JW, FBFG & RiG.
                          sigpic

Comment

I tried a tut but couldn't get part of it to work for me so I went off on my own tangent.

Any ideas what it needs?

Comment

I like it! Can you emboss the text and give it a little bit of drop shadow? It's really flat, and could stand out more.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                I like it! Can you emboss the text and give it a little bit of drop shadow? It's really flat, and could stand out more.
                                Sure! I used Gimp. How do I do that?

Comment

Working...
                                X