Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
    This is a link to a site I found with 70 Gimp Tutorials for anyone who wants to take a gander...

Enhance your design skills here!

Spent some time there after I followed your link last night, RiG. One of the links there took me to DA and I then got completely sidetracked.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh I wouldn't mind that but uh .... I can't even get past the first step before going off to do my own thing but everyone says my art turns out gorgeous or cool all the same so meh to tuts
      On the edge of breaking down
      sigpic
      Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        It counts as a tutorial shared Thanks!
        Oh, okay! I thought the challenge was for tutorials ONLY made this week, not previously done ones. Great!

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
          Oh, okay! I thought the challenge was for tutorials ONLY made this week, not previously done ones. Great!
          It's for tutorials posted on the thread this week The idea is hopefully to encourage people to write tuts, but if you don't have time or would rather share a tutorial someone else made that you used already, then you can share the link to a tutorial from somewhere else instead.

[Edit: discount the following paragraph - confusing myself (Leaving it in rather than deleting it though so that the following posts make sense!)
          The artwork that counts has to be made from a tutorial posted this week. So your wallpaper from that tut wouldn't count, as it's pre-existing, but if anyone else made one following that tut now then that would, if that makes sense?]
          Last edited by josiane; 02 September 2011, 11:55 AM.
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

It's for tutorials posted on the thread this week The idea is hopefully to encourage people to write tuts, but if you don't have time or would rather share a tutorial someone else made that you used already, then you can share the link to a tutorial from somewhere else instead.

The artwork that counts has to be made from a tutorial posted this week. So your wallpaper from that tut wouldn't count, as it's pre-existing, but if anyone else made one following that tut now then that would, if that makes sense?
            It does make sense. But I made that wallie today. . . . Oh, well.

I don't tend to make up tutorials unless someone wants one for something I've made. But I will definitely be using those that are posted.

Comment

Yay! So excited for our first tutorial week!

By the way, I'll save all the tutorials that are shared during the week here, if you want to find them without going back through the thread
              So I can stop filing them then? I'll try...........

Nope, you can share any tut and use any tut that's posted When sharing tuts that are not your own inventions, please try to credit the person who made it

Comment

The artwork that counts has to be made from a tutorial posted this week. So your wallpaper from that tut wouldn't count, as it's pre-existing, but if anyone else made one following that tut now then that would, if that makes sense?
                Er.....no? Maybe I should read the FAQ's I just posted.........

Edit:
                1. Share a tutorial: Write a tutorial for a piece of art you have made recently, or post a piece of art you have made with the link to the tutorial you followed when you made it.
                Isn't that what lg just did, or am I more tired than I thought?

Comment

It does make sense. But I made that wallie today. . . . Oh, well.

I don't tend to make up tutorials unless someone wants one for something I've made. But I will definitely be using those that are posted.
                  Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                  Er.....no? Maybe I should read the FAQ's I just posted.........

Edit:

Isn't that what lg just did, or am I more tired than I thought?
                  D'oh, sorry! Yes, lg's wp counts. Ignore that bit of my last post
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

No problem. Was just confused for a moment.

Comment

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
                      My art work....first time poster long time reader here.
                      http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/t...eslen_time.jpg
                      Welcome to the thread - love the sig, my kind of colouring

I've added it to the first challenge post

Comment

No problem. Was just confused for a moment.
                        Do you know what a relief it is to know that my brain is still functioning?

Comment

Tried another time-sig. Sorry, that's ... mh ... different:

Spoiler:

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                          Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic
                          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                          I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I like it, Hyn.

Comment

Hey, everyone. I'm looking forward to all the tutorials this week.

This wallie was made with this tutorial by Jeyla4ever. It's not really an entry since it's not one of the tuts for this week, but I couldn't get it out of my head. And I tweaked it for my own evil purposes.

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j452/ladygris4700/Gimped%20Images/Carson/th_CarsonAngelsWallie.jpg
                              Lovely wallie!

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
                              My art work....first time poster long time reader here.
                              http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/t...eslen_time.jpg
                              I love it!!!!!

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                              Tried another time-sig. Sorry, that's ... mh ... different:

Spoiler:
                              Very nice Hyn!
                              sigpic

Comment

Wooo, so many beautiful pics in the last couple of weeks! Unfortunately I need to spread some more green around elsewhere before the fridge unlocks I knew I wouldn't be able to quote all the pics I liked, but this one couldn't go without a mention....

Back with some more LOTR art. I used the basics of Luciana's tut for the Eowyn sig I did yesterday to make this, though the colors and such are completely different.

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...cterGWIcon.jpg

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...cterBanner.jpg
                                *thunks*
                                *drools*
                                *is incapable of coherence*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X