Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
    Are there settings for your printer? Maybe like, print setup or something? Where you can do things like choose how many copies you want, for example.
    There are but they don't relate to changing the lighting. When I worked at best buy I noticed that Epson printer (the kind I have) tend to catch more details but darken the images while HP makes brighter pictures but they aren't as sharp. Nola recommended that I try setting an extra layer to screen to make the image a few shades lighter. I'm going to try and see if this works
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
      Made this banner for someone on the forum.. my first ever Sparky banner

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/...psfc52c5d3.jpg
      Beautiful. Do you have a tut for his hun?

Awesome job Everyone!! Loving all the work... And how did I miss those gorgeous Castle art. Love that ep. Cracked me up.

Comment

Thanks scifan I don't remember exactly what I did but I'll try to find all the stocks/textures and come up with a tut.

I was just playing around with photoshop.. my muse has been nice to me this week ;D

sigpic

Comment

Here is a photomanipulation that I made. I like it but I'm not sure about the hair... Also if you see anything that needs to be done, please let me know

sigpic
          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Thanks scifan I don't remember exactly what I did but I'll try to find all the stocks/textures and come up with a tut.

I was just playing around with photoshop.. my muse has been nice to me this week ;D

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5987169a.jpg
            Oh cool. Thanks hun. Just do your best.

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
            Here is a photomanipulation that I made. I like it but I'm not sure about the hair... Also if you see anything that needs to be done, please let me know

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...yamiinsane.jpg

Looks amazing to me.

Comment

Oh that looks amazing Yamii Virtual Green!!!

Ok so I made the tut for this per Scifan's request, I couldn't find a copy of the first image so I made a copy of the image with my photoshop file.

Spoiler:
              Open up a new project 600x180
              The first layer is an image that I distorted but for the life of me I can't remember which one it was or how I filtered it so here is a copy of the 600x180 image of what it looks like (set on normal):

Now you'll take the book and flower image by denisel, resize and set to screen 100% and move the image so that the flower rests in the center of the image and the beginning of words is in the upper left hand corner. I erased most of the right side of the image. It should now look like this:

Now take this image set it to subtract 52% move it around so that it rests in the center of the banner. At this point I didn't do anything with a layer mast but I did go back and erase a little bit of the jelly fish's head (I think that's what it is) later when it interfered with the kissing couple. It should look something like this now:

Now we'll take our last stock image of the flowers and bench resize to 600x480 move the image around so that the flowers are on the center left hand side. In this position you shouldn't see much of the bench except what's behind the flowers, set to Overlay 100% I erased a little bit of the flower and image so that you could see the writing I little better as well. Should now look like this:

Now it's time to add your model/models! I placed my first image of the couple together in the center, set to screen and erase so that the image is blended.

Next, I took the picture of Sheppard and placed it on the right hand side, set to normal 47% I erased all of the blue border surrounding him. I copied the image, set to lighten 100%, copied the image a third time and set to overlay 59%. Make sure you erase enough of the border around your model so that you don't cover the last image we placed, let them blend together and sharpen if needed.

Now take the picture of Weir and place the image on the left hand side, doing the same as with the picture of Sheppard, erasing the picture so that only the model shows. Set to normal 48%, make a duplicate and set to lighten 100% and sharpen, make one more duplicate image and set to overlay 100% It should now look something like this:

Now make a stamp and copy of the canvas. Go to the filter gallery and select angled strokes using the settings:

Direction Balance 40
              Stroke Length 11
              Sharpness 1

Then set to Overlay 48%, I created a layer mask and carefully erased Sheppard and Weir's faces. This layer is a great way to not only add texture but color to the overall image.

Now it's time to add the text, I'm sure there is an easier way to do this but I ended up using a lot of layers. First I did the text 'ohn and lizabeth' in simply glamorous size 21 font bold in black with 75 spacing. I duplicated the font to make it darker.

Next I added the E and J in separate txt boxes using the same settings but I set the font to size 32 and made a copy of each of these layers. I created a separate txt box for the letters and the rest of their name because it made it easier for me to play around with the positioning of the letters around the second body of txt.

"Sparks Fly When They're Together" was done in Calibri 12pt font in #671a1a also bold and 75 spacing. I used a drop shadow set to:

Distance 0
              Spread 1
              Size 0

And you're done!!

Edit: Forgot to provide a picture.. added
              Last edited by meredithe5; 06 April 2013, 04:46 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks hun. I'll try it this weekend.

Comment

Lovely arties and some great tuts already shared.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                    Great entries everyone!

Unfortunately my muse didn't take too kindly to being chased. Thanks anyways JW.
                    My bad. I chased him and I forgot to let him go. In my defence, it's Dean Winchester...

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post

Or you could write one and have people follow!
                    That's hilarious. I'll be happy to answer any questions people might want to ask me...when they actually want to.

[URL=http://s1085.photobucket.com/user/yamiinsane/media/DeviantArt%20info%20pics/i-must-go-alone-by-yamiinsane.jpg.htmlhttp://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/yamiinsane/DeviantArt%20info%20pics/th_i-must-go-alone-by-yamiinsane.jpg[/URL]
                    I love her expression! I'm confused. What don't you like about her hair?

It's adorable. I'm finishing with another tut and I'm going to try yours next.
                    sigpic
                    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Thanks JW To answer your question: I feel that the hair is too rigid, too sharp compared to the rest of the manip.
                      sigpic
                      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

There are but they don't relate to changing the lighting. When I worked at best buy I noticed that Epson printer (the kind I have) tend to catch more details but darken the images while HP makes brighter pictures but they aren't as sharp. Nola recommended that I try setting an extra layer to screen to make the image a few shades lighter. I'm going to try and see if this works
                        Ah. Yeah, that sounds like a much better idea. Hats off to Nola!

Love it!

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...yamiinsane.jpg
                        BLUE!!! Sorry, blue is my favorite color and I see tons of it here. This is incredible!

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                        My bad. I chased him and I forgot to let him go. In my defence, it's Dean Winchester...
                        Yeah, yeah. That's what they all say.

Thanks JW To answer your question: I feel that the hair is too rigid, too sharp compared to the rest of the manip.
                        My two cents worth: Try softening it. And by that I mean giving it a very slight (Gaussian) blur. Could help.

Was Googling Lucille Ball and I saw all these gorgeous old pictures of her when she was younger and my muse (a different muse) told me that I should make some art with them. This is the first piece...

sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Thanks guys

Oh I love it RIG!!! I haven't seen anything with 'Lucy' in ages
                          sigpic

Comment

So Gorgeous RIG. Love classic.. sexy Lucy.

Here's my attempt on Meredithe's tut.

Had to adapt a bit for GIMP and the different pics, but very nice tut to follow. Thanks hun.
                            Might have to try a Doctor/River one later.

Comment

Thanks guys
                              You're welcome.

Oh I love it RIG!!! I haven't seen anything with 'Lucy' in ages
                              Thank you.

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                              So Gorgeous RIG. Love classic.. sexy Lucy.
                              So do I. Thanks.

Here's my attempt on Meredithe's tut.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps36b4559f.jpg

Had to adapt a bit for GIMP and the different pics, but very nice tut to follow. Thanks hun.
                              Might have to try a Doctor/River one later.
                              Great sig! I always have trouble adapting PS tuts for Gimp.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

I love it Scifan *virtual green* I'd make a gimp tut except I have no idea how to use the program hehe. I actually used it when I first started and I made myself so confused That's probably just because I didn't know where settings were but not I'm addicted/dependent on PS lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X