• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
    Thanks, meredithe.

I used these in this order:

<snip>
    Desaturate the second and set to Soft Light. Set the third (the curtains) to Soft Light as well. Set the city to Screen.

Then, I duplicated the second and moved it above everything, setting that to Multiply.
    Gorgeous. I just had a bad experience with using several curtains textures (shudders) Not the tut fault, it was my own.

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
    You're welcome.

And that second texture was a fluke. I stuck it on there to see what it looked like and went, "Oh!"
    Yeah, it looks amazing and very soft.
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Made this using Estrela's tut

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
        Good choice of pic and great result. I wonder why I don't make more SG-1 art?
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks JadedWraith I love that episode and that moment, while you don't do enough SG-1 I probably do too much lol.

Just made this banner in honor of SG-1 and Janet Not related to the challenge though.

sigpic

Comment

To everyone: Gorgeous arts!!!

Here is a sig that I made earlier today when I was bored...

sigpic
            Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Oh I love it Yamii!!
              sigpic

Comment

Wonderful art everyone!

And the Grimm-Nice-Guys(Gals):

lg, just came back from the movies - stood for my word, I watched Hansel & Gretel:

Spoiler:
                I have to say, I mostly like the movie, and I definetely like JR in it. True, the critics about it I read are true, it's not that much about the fairytale anymore. But I don't think that's a bad thing. I see the movie more as "inspired by the fairytale".
                Also true, the movie is violent and brutal. Poor JR had to go through a lot of stunts. Well, I'm probably a little too hard because I thought it was mostly amusing but if you don't like blood and a little gore it's okay not to watch - or at least to wait until the DVD-release so you can cut off the bloody scenes.
                Well, at least I have to say, I had the misfortune to watch it in 3D. That means, I'm not able to see 3D and such glasses they are using always give me huge headaches. So I didn't have those glasses on and watched the movie in this ... non-sharp version. It's a little funny I have to say (because I'm also a little cross-eyed and never see absolutely sharp). But I liked the movie .

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic
                LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Love it yamii! Any chance of a tut? I'm still watching Andromeda.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks Meredith and Mane

Mane: I can write up one tomorrow
                    sigpic
                    Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Nice drawings Hyn

Here's a new set I just made

And I tried out a tut and this was my result:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                        Wonderful art everyone!

And the Grimm-Nice-Guys(Gals):

<snip>

Love them. I wish I was better at drawing

I love your Heroes sig and ICON. Love the expression on the guy's face and the background you came up with. And you're infinitely better than I at following tuts. You ended up with a very nice banner and Icon.

And yamii: I love how your work is becoming more delicate and refined. Well done!
                        Last edited by JadedWraith; 13 March 2013, 02:10 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks, JW .
                          Another drawing, but no comic this time. Something I worked on since last week:

Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic
                          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                            Thanks, JW .
                            Another drawing, but no comic this time. Something I worked on since last week:

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac88/Hyndara71/fanart/th_davidg-1_zpse6312452.jpg
                            I love his eyes!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks (me too)

Sig & Avi by Josi
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks JW I had a lot of fun making the Neville banner... I actually added a layer that made it look more cartoony but then I softened it.. a lot lol.

As for following tutorials I think it's a mixture of following the directions and making it your own. There are tons of great ones here on AFA and out on the web but things like coloring can all change based on the pictures you use. I love tuts because each time I use one I learn something new about Photoshop

Ps: I love your sig JW... I finally saw The Hobbit and loved Thorin!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X