• Show
Clear All

Great WP Ikorni, Nola!
    The sig looks great, RiG!

Couldn't resist (not with this awesome photos dangling me into making art):

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
      The sig looks great, RiG!
      Thanks!

Couldn't resist (not with this awesome photos dangling me into making art):
      http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps72d23c5d.jpg
      WOW! This is great! Again, David G with a beard is YUMMY!
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

http://hamenthotep.tumblr.com/

^ I posted some stuff here.

Some of it is even Stargate related...

Comment

RodneyisGodney, Hyndara, beautiful work!
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
            http://hamenthotep.tumblr.com/

^ I posted some stuff here.

Some of it is even Stargate related...
            Love the puddlejumper!

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
            RodneyisGodney, Hyndara, beautiful work!
            Why thank you.
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

Isn't anyone following a tut this week?
              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Wonderful ART everyone!!

Sorry for being MIA.. been kinda busy and lacking inspiration. Really tried to find the textured I used for Bandcat so I could do the Tut, but can't find it. Might have to attempt on combining similar textures to see if it will come out the same. Been ages since I did it.. will have to be a miracle if it comes out the same.

Isn't anyone following a tut this week?
                Not sure if I'll have time to attempt one, but I'll try.

Spoiler:
                Oh and congrats on going to Japan. Sounds wonderful. I'm sure they will have a translator for you.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                  Wonderful ART everyone!!

Sorry for being MIA.. been kinda busy and lacking inspiration. Really tried to find the textured I used for Bandcat so I could do the Tut, but can't find it. Might have to attempt on combining similar textures to see if it will come out the same. Been ages since I did it.. will have to be a miracle if it comes out the same.

Not sure if I'll have time to attempt one, but I'll try.

Spoiler:
                  Oh and congrats on going to Japan. Sounds wonderful. I'm sure they will have a translator for you.
                  Thanks, scifan.
                  Spoiler:
                  Actually it's not my first time. The last time I was there alone was when the Tsunami/Earthquake happened and everything was thrown into chaos. This time I'm heading North of Japan (alone again!) with hopefully nothing happening!
                  Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Thanks, scifan.
                    Spoiler:
                    Actually it's not my first time. The last time I was there alone was when the Tsunami/Earthquake happened and everything was thrown into chaos. This time I'm heading North of Japan (alone again!) with hopefully nothing happening!
                    Oh goodness. Definitely don't want anything like that happening again.

Comment

Ikorni, why are you going to Japan?
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                        Ikorni, why are you going to Japan?
                        Vacation!
                        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Okay… finally doing part 1 of this weeks challenge.

Made these for a friend...

In Gimp

Spoiler:
                          Start with a base the size you typically use for your sigs. I went a little smaller because when I add the border it makes the sig a little bit bigger.

I used these three black and white pics …

Size each one to fit about a 1/3 of the space. The middle pic isn’t scaled down because I wanted it to be a close up of just his head.

Sharpened each of the pics.

Alter the brightness and contrast so there isn’t as much gray in the pics.

For the center pic it was hard to get the contrast consistent with the other two. I duplicated the picture and then set the duplicate on the top the original and set it to overlay. This helped with the contrast.

The center pic is behind the two pics on the ends

This is what it looks like so far…

This is the texture I used for the coloring.

Place this texture on top of everything. Under the Color tab pick “color to alpha”. The default is white. What this will do is remove all of the color white from the texture, leaving behind all other colors. Since most colors have some white in them, the color part of the texture will now appear only shaded.

Duplicate this layer. Then turn one of them off (click on the eye next to the layer to turn them on and off)

With the visable texture layer selected, use the scissor tool to cut the texture so only the maroon half remains. I lined up the transparent stripe over his arm. Then turn the layer off.

Turn on the duplicate layer and this time with the scissor layer cut the layer so only the blue half remains. With the flip tool flip the texture and then I lined up the transparent stripe with his arm and foot on the motorcycle.

Turn the first texture layer back on. Then lower the opacity on both of the colored texture layers to your liking. For this sig it is set at 46%

I also took the eraser tool and carefully erased the maroon that was over his shoulder and the blue that was over his head and shoulder.

Then I right clicked on the top layer and picked “new from visable” near the top of the list. This allows me to play with the coloring and such without hurting my work. It also allows me to make any of my changes to the sig as a whole instead of having to work with each individual layer.

From the color tab I then picked “curves” and adjusted the value channel making it a little brighter and the contrast a little stronger (darker).

From the Filters tab then pick “décor” and then “add border”.

I set the color to white (#ffffff), and the Border X & Y set to 6, the Delta Value at 1.

For the font I used Tiza.

Made the three icons using parts of the sig.

Just ask if I confused anyone who tries this tut.
                          sigpic

Comment

Love the Radcliffe wallpaper, Ikorni... his blue eyes on the black and white is really cool.

RiG the Stana is goreous and well worth your time!

Hyn, your new set is beautiful. I love the color against the black and white. The addtional textures that show up in the wallpaper are wonderful.

Pharaoh the blog is great and I loved seeing Ronon's gun. Your new avi is quite cool too.
                            sigpic

Comment

bailey1ak, thanks! Think you could share the tut for your sig?
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

bailey1ak, thanks! Think you could share the tut for your sig?
                                For my current sig I followed an older tut of Josi's earlier in the week...

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                                So... I did the second part of the challenge first by basically following this tut of Josi’s again. There are a few tweaks here and there… but overall the same.

Spoiler:

For the vintage look I did add the texture below from JoesSistah.

This is the third time I've followed this tut of Josi's. I really like it. One thing though is that I use Gimp, so some of the tut was just guessing for me (trial and error). Then some is just a little bit of tweaking because of the pics and things I chose needed something more. If you are curious about any of the tweaks or how I did parts of her tut just ask.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X