No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yamii, gorgeous WPs! I think I already told you but this cannot be said often enough
    NP, very creative!
    JW, yeah, so do I. Tried Leverage a few times now but I still prefer Hustle so much more. I love the cleverness there. Nothing against Leverage (you hear me, RiG? It's all your fault!), it's a sweet show to relax after work. Hustle is more subtle I think.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

JW and Hyn: thanks!

NMP: Cool!
      sigpic
      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmarepoet View Post
        and again I played around with PSE a bit this time more abstract

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...61871079_n.jpg
        Absolutely gorgeous. Reminds me of the "rose" you once did.

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
        yamii, gorgeous WPs! I think I already told you but this cannot be said often enough
        NP, very creative!
        JW, yeah, so do I. Tried Leverage a few times now but I still prefer Hustle so much more. I love the cleverness there. Nothing against Leverage (you hear me, RiG? It's all your fault!), it's a sweet show to relax after work. Hustle is more subtle I think.
        I have to confess my ignorance that Leverage was a version of Hustle. I actually like Leverage and never watched Hustle but now I'm curious. I just think British writers, with all their faults, tend to be less obvious than their Us counterparts. I watch a lot og british shows and european in general.
        Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
        JW and Hyn: thanks!

NMP: Cool!
        You're welcome. They're gorgeous, that's that.
        sigpic
        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Virtual Green for everyone!!!

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
          New sig.....

Not sure if it qualifies as Negative Space or not.
          WOW! Nice sig.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          Something I've been playing with tonight

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...th_TheLure.jpg
          Cute Nola.

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
          I keep forgetting about that thread.

Another interpretation of Space ( thumbnailed for size ... )

Nice job JW

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
          Thanks, Hyn, mane, and JW.

JW, the definition of Negative Space is when the subject of the art is smaller than the background. Here's an example:

The background--the sky, ocean, etc--is much, much larger than Castle and Beckett.
          Perfect couple and scene for a perfect example.

Gorgeous arts everyone!

Here is a Loki wallie and two Teyla/John wallies I made for SGA_Beya on Livejournal:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...e-753-yami.jpg http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...-4523-yami.jpg http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...a-653-yami.jpg
          Those are so gorgeous!! I love them all.... so miss John and Teyla.

and again I played around with PSE a bit this time more abstract

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...61871079_n.jpg
          Very nice.

Comment

I have to confess my ignorance that Leverage was a version of Hustle. I actually like Leverage and never watched Hustle but now I'm curious. I just think British writers, with all their faults, tend to be less obvious than their Us counterparts. I watch a lot og british shows and european in general.
            You definetely should. I love Hustle to pieces and am so sad that this show is so underestimated. Funny thing, over here in Germany there's a small Hustle-fanbase, while it seems like US doesn't know that the show exists. Besides, Devlin (creator of Leverage) said before Leverage started, that he was ... uhm ... inspired by Hustle.

Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Thanks everyone, I'm happy you like it
              You all do wonderful art, too. Would be glad if I was as good as you

Comment

You definetely should. I love Hustle to pieces and am so sad that this show is so underestimated. Funny thing, over here in Germany there's a small Hustle-fanbase, while it seems like US doesn't know that the show exists. Besides, Devlin (creator of Leverage) said before Leverage started, that he was ... uhm ... inspired by Hustle.
                Does anyone in the US realises there are other productions other than their own? Yes, I'm being ironic, I don't mean to offend anyone. I read in this very boards that "Being Human US was an original SyFy production". I did know Hustle existed; as I never watched I didn't realise they were related.

Yeap, my feelings exactly about you and everyone else.
                sigpic
                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

You ARE! I better don't show you how my results with painting would look like.

Does anyone in the US realises there are other productions other than their own? Yes, I'm being ironic, I don't mean to offend anyone. I read in this very boards that "Being Human US was an original SyFy production". I did know Hustle existed; as I never watched I didn't realise they were related.

Yeap, my feelings exactly about you and everyone else.
                  With me your irony is fine. I just read in a German forum about Being Human and how awesome the US-show would be instead of the *please note this!* GB REMAKE. I thought WTF? Okay, today I also read Grimm would be a cheap version of OUaT ... never know that Rumpelstilzchen is a prince and OUaT is a crime-show *smirk*.
                  As far as I know Hustle also airs in US but maybe on a "bad" network or so, as it does over here. Unfortunately there's a contract between BBC and the national network (which nobody with clear mind is watching usually ... except you are 80 years +). I didn't know about the show before I got PayTV some years ago. There I stumbled over Hustle and fell in love with it. Then I learned about Leverage, and that's a sort of remake.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                  sigpic

Comment

Being Human ( UK version) is a great show. I wasn't in the mood to watch yet another vampire story - there's a ghost and a werewolf, to be precise- but a friend of mine convinced me and I and my sis got hooked. We're only at season three and it's already in season 5 plot spoiler ahead
                    Spoiler:
                    with other characters, I believe
                    I always loved the theme of humanity in monsters/ freaks and that is done well in this show. Never watched the US version.
                    A colleague of mine watches Being Human (US) and says it's good. So, maybe one day I'll check it out.

I was trying to work with "blurry". It hides a multitude of sins
                    That it does.

That's the interesting part of it. But sometimes is soooooo frustrating. Thank God for all you guys to give me nice tips.
                    The street goes both ways my friend.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    Crazy life is still crazy, still struggling to find time to play and keep up with things here. Loving the art I've seen in my catch-up, awesome work everyone

Don't forget to send your challenge entries to me! You have 24 hours.
                    Thanks for the heads up! I'll see if I can't get something to you before then.

I might be a bit late posting the round-up tomorrow, so don't worry if it's a bit later than usual
                    Noted.

Thank you. The most girlie thing I've made in a long time. I miss girlie... All my muses are male: it's hard to use girlie stuff.
                    Hey, my muses are all male too so I know how you feel.

NP, very creative!
                    Yeah, I hear ya. Not sure I understand ya, but I hear ya. Sorry, I've been at work all day and I'm tired...I can't brain anymore.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Made this a couple years ago, kinda a cheat but I think it meets the negative space requirement.

Then there's this...

...both are very simplistic.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

Sci: Thanks

RIG: Love them

Tried my hand at negative space in a sig.... I think I failed...

sigpic
                        Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Sci: Thanks

RIG: Love them
                          Thanks!

Tried my hand at negative space in a sig.... I think I failed...

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...n-543-yami.gif
                          You most certainly did not fail! I love this!

Another entry...

An old sig that I...erm...finished.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

Yamii, why failed? It IS a negative space-sig and it is great - 'nough said? (sorry, just watched one of the stupidst vids ever - when I, as German, have problems to understand another German, who's not using any slang, it's getting really weird ... I'm too much into English I fear ...)

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                            Yeah, I hear ya. Not sure I understand ya, but I hear ya. Sorry, I've been at work all day and I'm tired...I can't brain anymore.
                            Good! You hooked me on watching Leverage so I recorded the last episodes which aired over here and watched them. Not sure which season it was but I think one or two are still on a hold.

And all three sigs are great. Sometimes simple is the best way of doing art. How's Emmy?

Sig & Avi by Josi
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks RIG and Hyn Love the sig, RIG
                              sigpic
                              Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

BTW, cannot sleep right now. So I made a new WP:

Sig & Avi by Josi
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X