No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks maneth and the font is Jellyka Western Princess.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      I'm an absolute newbie with PS, even though I've had it for years. But I thought I'd try this week's challenge, albeit simplistically.
      http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...Stuff/Time.jpg
      Simple is often very effective, and that one definitely is - well done!

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
      Thank you. It's been an emotional week, and I'm grateful to use art as a way to express that. I'm really glad you like them.
      *hugs* for the emotional week - and you're not the only one to use art as an outlet, I find it helps a lot

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
      *Peeks into thread, recognises some people and decides to stay *

As someone who has only been attempting arty type things for less than a week this thread is a great source of information, thank you

Hmmm, there are some fantastic bits of artwork on this thread, makes me a little nervous to post what I've got

But hey here we go...... I've been lurking for a few day and decided to have a go at the challenges. This is what I came up with (but I'm not sure who I am supposed to PM it to )

I had also had a go at the previous challenge (a bit late but thought I would share them anyway)

Spoiler:

<lazy snip>
      [/CENTER]

Hope you like them

I must admit I am only using the most basic of programs (the software that is in PhotoBucket - simple but it seems to work for me ) There are other bits I've done which I might share at some point, some I like, others not so much.
      Welcome to the thread

You made those in PB? They're brilliant

Comment

Well I thought I would give it a go Sorry I meant to say to you I borrowed the saying from the Dan/Jan sig you made me for my new one I hope you don't mind?? (I've also made a new Dan/Jan sig )
        That's why it sounded familiar! *facepalm for not recognizing your own words* And I don't mind at all.
        sigpic
        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Made a new set and thought, maybe there is someone who would like it:

Spoiler:

The text is taken from a song called "Mr. Time". It says:
          Where's the man, where's the child,
          Wrapped together, side by side.
          Who can tell you what to do
          When Mr. Time has come for you?

Sorry for the bad art!

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
          Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic
          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
          I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
            Cool sigs! I especially like the second one. I don't think it needs a quote, it's pretty enough to stand on its own. However, if you do want one, how about: "The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility." - Albert Einstein

Made this one, inspired by a challenge even though I'm probably too late to enter it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...kettnoharm.jpg
            *face palm* It's not too late if you'd like to enter it, Mane. I completely forgot the end of week post for that challenge.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            *hugs* for the emotional week - and you're not the only one to use art as an outlet, I find it helps a lot
            Thank you, Jumble.

Great artwork, everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
              Made a new set and thought, maybe there is someone who would like it:

Spoiler:
              http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a.../mrtimeavi.jpg
              http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a.../mrtimesig.jpg

The text is taken from a song called "Mr. Time". It says:
              Where's the man, where's the child,
              Wrapped together, side by side.
              Who can tell you what to do
              When Mr. Time has come for you?

Sorry for the bad art!
              It's not bad art, it's lovely! Please don't put your art in spoilers - the whole idea of this thread is to show our work, but things in spoilers are very easy to miss

Comment

MR, Maneth, and Hyndara: I love them all!
                sigpic
                Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Simple is often very effective, and that one definitely is - well done!

Welcome to the thread

You made those in PB? They're brilliant
                  Thank you, and yes I made them with the PhotoBucket software, I know it's simple but I seem to be able to use it!!! I have tried photoshop and GIMP but I've always really struggled with them, maybe it's time to give them another go???

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                  That's why it sounded familiar! *facepalm for not recognizing your own words* And I don't mind at all.
                  Oh dear, what are we going to do with you!!!

Here's the Dan/Jan sig I mentioned

sigpic
                  Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Definitely give PS another go Mr! There are enough of us here to help you with anything you don't understand, so please feel free to ask questions

Comment

*sneaks in*
                      Great arts, guys!
                      M, Madness reigns, DeliRicia and Sil, welcome to the thread! Have fun posting here!

Yay! I had time to PS before uni!

Sherlock icons

The rest is here.

And Game of Thrones stuff i haven't time to post

The rest is here.

And a simple sig

OT
                      Spoiler:
                      I had no surgery. My other knee started to hurt too, so one doctor advised me to examine at rheumatologist first. So that what i did during last week. Damn, waiting for results suck. And not walk properly too
                      sigpic

Comment

Definitely give PS another go Mr! There are enough of us here to help you with anything you don't understand, so please feel free to ask questions
                        Okay, I might just do that.. one question though. PS or GIMP? Which would be better??
                        sigpic
                        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Okay, I might just do that.. one question though. PS or GIMP? Which would be better??
                          I personally use GIMP......primarily because I got it for free.

Comment

Gimp is free, I got lucky and got PS.
                            sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous work everyone, both for the challenge and not

MR, welcome to the thread! You've made an excellent start with PB, but I say now you've got the bug, give PS or Gimp another go - we can all help you along PS is a more powerful program, but Gimp is fantastic and does almost all the same stuff and is free.
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Lots of lovely art from everyone over the past week ... sorry I haven't had a chance to visit or comment individually. Well done though - very inspiring stuff!

I finally did have a chance to catch up tonight and do something for this weeks challenge ... hopefully how they relate to time is as obvious as it seemed to me when I was working on them!

Last edited by ShaViva; 02 September 2011, 06:27 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X