Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
    Josi I think that's lovely, just one thing - is your PB compressing the files down a lot? The images of NF don't seem to be very sharp and I know those ones are relatively high res ?
    How do you keep PB from compressing files down? I only ask because that may the problem I've been having with some of my artwork. It is nice and sharp in Gimp but blurry when I post them here.
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      It's a nightmare! Seriously considering 'switching' providers. Does anyone else on here use anything different? Is Imageshack still going/any good?

Ah, that's probably it!! And it's not just because I want to snurch...

Remind me tomorrow and I'll email it to you Have switched the computer off for the night now
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

lg, your colourizations scare me! They look so good, I'm afraid to try it Which I guess is odd considering colour is my 'thing'

Comment

All these Grimm art is making miss the show! I can't wait for them to come back.
          Inspired by Hyn and RIG.

Comment

I just have really good tuts, Jumble.

Comment

josi, the WP is great! Love the idea and how you made it

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
              Are you still sick?
              Half/half. I'm still coughing like a really heavy smoker. But besides the feel of ... don't know how to name that ... weariness (today) I feel okay. My doc thinks it could be a kind of relapse because two weeks ago I had an infect and this time there are still noises in my lungs. My, I'Ve a noise in ONE of my lungs for years and that's known. But the left side never had a noise.

Wraithy neighbor. LOL! I've never dreamt about Shep. Nor McKay for that matter. DH, yes. RM, no. Sadly.
              Well, my neighbour is 90 and sometimes it's really hard to live next door to her. Just today, I went out this afternoon, stopped at my mailbox downstairs and heared a door above me. I thought WTF? She was really checking me out what I was doing. She also had knocked me out of the bed sometimes in the middle of the night and such things. I mean, I don't have a problem with her, all in all I had much worster neighbours in my life. But ... sometimes my mind is running crazy and that's when I start to dream such weird things.

Dream-spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              But it was kind of funny. I have a huge poster from one of my favourite films above my TV. Don't ask me why but behind this poster there was a wormhole and suddenly that poster slided aside and Shep and McKay jumped out of that wormhole into my living-room. McKay began to explain weird stuff while Shep was watching my apartment door. Then there came a truck (come on, Hyn, you are living in a small alley, a truck would never made it in here!) with a troop of SG-soldiers and a huge fight was coming up the stairways. Finally it turned out that said neighbour was a wraith who sucked the life out of every person in the house. Weird but ... don't know why, I still remember that dream. It turned out somewhat funny ...

Welcome. I'm a rather light dreamer. My dreams never last too long and I don't dream that often. Half of my dreams make no sense.
              I would say some make sense, some not.

I'm glad you like it. Took me a while to get the coloring how I liked it. As for the quote, I just Googled "Nick quotes Grimm" and after checking several sites I finally found the quote I used. T he second I read it was like: THAT'S THE ONE!!!
              That's the one? Uhm, that wasn't Nick - and as far as I remember it wasn't about Nick but Monroe. Nick's standard is "sort of" and I think the most quoted quote is "It's not on my business anymore" ... wait! He said that one time, in 2.07 when he invites Hank into Aunt Maries trailer (yeah, I know, fangirlie canon-nazi). Uhm, let us say this trailer is what the Impala is for SPN.

I'm not having that problem. Yet...
              Me neither.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
              Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic
              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
              I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                I just have really good tuts, Jumble.
                Hm. I have looked at a couple, but got a bit lost...... maybe I'll give it a go for tut week

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                  Hm. I have looked at a couple, but got a bit lost...... maybe I'll give it a go for tut week
                  I remember feeling that way at first, but I kept at it. Might do another colorization later.

But, for now, here's a new set I just finished using this tut on Shadowplay.

Comment

Ha! Take this, 5-pic-challenge!
                    Seems like this week I'm in the mood for a little Western instead of my usually GrimmArt (will turn out as hard to explain on the GrimmArt-sunday ...) but ... again Hell on Wheels :

EDIT:
                    Wonderful, lg! Love it!

Sig & Avi by Josi
                    sigpic
                    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Thanks, Hyn. And nothing wrong with Western. I like the way you've added the pics over the landscape. Very ethereal but accurate to what few western novel covers I've seen.

Comment

Thanks lg ! Funny thing, I first tried it to put the other pics "to" the landscape, now I made it the other way, the landscape was the last I used. But I like the effect

Sig & Avi by Josi
                        sigpic

Comment

@sci: Love the Grimm art!

lg: Beautiful "Story Teller".

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                          Half/half. I'm still coughing like a really heavy smoker. But besides the feel of ... don't know how to name that ... weariness (today) I feel okay. My doc thinks it could be a kind of relapse because two weeks ago I had an infect and this time there are still noises in my lungs. My, I'Ve a noise in ONE of my lungs for years and that's known. But the left side never had a noise.
                          Hmm...well I hope you feel better soon!

Well, my neighbour is 90 and sometimes it's really hard to live next door to her. Just today, I went out this afternoon, stopped at my mailbox downstairs and heared a door above me. I thought WTF? She was really checking me out what I was doing. She also had knocked me out of the bed sometimes in the middle of the night and such things. I mean, I don't have a problem with her, all in all I had much worster neighbours in my life. But ... sometimes my mind is running crazy and that's when I start to dream such weird things.
                          WOW! I'm glad I don't live next to her!

Dream-spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          But it was kind of funny. I have a huge poster from one of my favourite films above my TV. Don't ask me why but behind this poster there was a wormhole and suddenly that poster slided aside and Shep and McKay jumped out of that wormhole into my living-room. McKay began to explain weird stuff while Shep was watching my apartment door. Then there came a truck (come on, Hyn, you are living in a small alley, a truck would never made it in here!) with a troop of SG-soldiers and a huge fight was coming up the stairways. Finally it turned out that said neighbour was a wraith who sucked the life out of every person in the house. Weird but ... don't know why, I still remember that dream. It turned out somewhat funny ...

I would say some make sense, some not.
                          Sometimes I don't understand/remember a dream well enough to explain it to someone...if I had to that is. I can only recall bits and pieces, not enough to form the whole picture. Like not having all the pieces of a puzzle. Does this make sense?

That's the one? Uhm, that wasn't Nick - and as far as I remember it wasn't about Nick but Monroe. Nick's standard is "sort of" and I think the most quoted quote is "It's not on my business anymore" ... wait! He said that one time, in 2.07 when he invites Hank into Aunt Maries trailer (yeah, I know, fangirlie canon-nazi). Uhm, let us say this trailer is what the Impala is for SPN.
                          Ummm, I meant that's the one I want to use. It, ah, worked with the sig and the look on Nick/David's face.

This is where I got the quote from. Sure looks to me like Nick said it. Could the site, or whoever is responsible for putting the quotes up gotten it wrong?

Me neither.
                          Good.

Oh, and I'm really liking the HOW art!
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

Thanks RIG

Sci, Hyn, and lg: Love the arts!

lg: What a coincidence! I played with that tut yesterday! I only remembered it when I saw your result.

sigpic
                            Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                              Thanks RIG
                              You're welcome.

lg: What a coincidence! I played with that tut yesterday! I only remembered it when I saw your result.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...43643-yami.jpg
                              So pretty!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                                scifan, Very nice.
                                Originally posted by maneth View Post
                                Lovely arties Ikorni, scifan!
                                Thanks Ikorni and Maneth.

Yet another challenge entry for another ShadowPlay challenge. (I'm trying to update my gallery over there.)

Still debating whether or not I like the sig......Hence why it's not up yet.
                                Another goodie of Renner. Nice Job!

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                                Yep, that's how we are. Maybe depending on the area it is more or less but I'd never been to another area where the people just can live and let live (is that correct?)

Could be. The last time it's pretty quiet in here ...

Amazing work, yamii! Love the new set! Cannot green you right now, so ... mental GREEN from me.
                                Ikorni, this is looking great! I had that Tut in mind myself yesterday but finally decided to do the other one.
                                lg, *stares* ... wow! JR looks so young on that one. Well done!

Wanted to do another entry but it turned out that my idea wasn't fitting with five pics so ... tried it but the sig was ways too crowded then. Maybe I will try a WP (which could be a little tricky ...). Let us say, it's a kind of cooperation with a friend from LJ. She made a wonderful icon some time ago and for the last 20in20-challenge I made one ... well, they are matching together in my opinion. BTW, my icon made the 3rd place *iz proud*. So, to keep a long story short, I asked her if I could use her icon for a sig, she said yes and ... instead of breakfast, I made this sig - unfortunately with "only" four pics:

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a...ilyproblem.jpg
                                I'm enjoying all your Grimm art hun. Keep it up.

Thanks, Hyn.

Renner was pretty young in that photo shoot....Kind of, anyway. I think it's from 2009.

Edit: Sorry, 2010. So a couple years old.
                                Shoul've seen him as a Vampire in Angel... now that was young.

Comment

Working...
                                X