Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's gorgeous Mane

I think we're going to be asking for more challenge and tut banners soon, so you'll be one jump ahead

Comment

Thanks, I thought you might like it, Jumble.
      sigpic

Comment

for the Valenship mini-challenge...

sigpic

Comment

for the Valenship mini-challenge...

sigpic

Comment

Awesome, lg!
            Looks good, Nola

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
            Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
            I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Thanks for the tut lg! I'll definitely be giving that one a try next tut week

Awesome work, Jumble, Ikorni, lg, hyn, Mane, Nola!
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

made for Valenship

sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Awesome challenge entries everyone. Just a quick reminder to please PM them to me as soon as they are made so I can collect them for the post in good time for Friday. On this challenge can you also please put the number of the texture you've used in the PM.

As a general rule please can everyone try to remember to put their name in the filename of the artwork you are submitting - putting the challenge post together always takes a bit of time and admin. We love doing it, but anything that can shave a bit of time off like this little detail really helps us out! Thanks all

EDIT: *noms on sig and avi* *spies LG's narrowed eyes* *runz*

Comment

Great Brando sigs and avi Lt. COl. John Sheppard!

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                    Thanks, RodneyIsGodney! Figured I should give some prominence to all the other pairings I like in this challenge!
                    You're welcome.

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                    Just called in sick at work. Bah! Sour throat, I'm throaty and gulping hurts like hell - not to mention my nose. Sitting on my couch and feeling sick - I need something to do:

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a...abitsiesig.jpg
                    Aw, sorry your not feeling good Hyn.:-( The sig looks great!

*blushes* Thanks ! I'm glad you like it
                    You're welcome. Ehm, I can't remember what sig it is now that I'm typing up this post.

Never heard of any of those.
                    Yeah, didn't think you would have. Doesn't matter.

To a degree RealityTV is acceptable and I can stand that too. But on every single channel all during the afternoon? That's a little weird, don't you think? A while ago I loved a a docu-soap that's airing over here called "Ab ins Beet!". My, I barely missed an episode. But then the network began to rerun and rerun and rerun all the episodes and I simply felt ... sick of that. Seriously, one time watching others working in their yard is interesting, one hundred times is annoying!
                    Yes, that would be annoying! There was a show here called "John And Kate Plus Eight" about a couple raising twins (girls - 5yrs old when the show started) and sextuplets (6 babies!). It was interesting and fascinating at first but then, well, TLC, the channel that aired the show, was showing reruns every single day. Sometimes more than one episode! I mean, enough already! I just got tired of it. Also, it was more entertaining when the babies were...babies. By the time they were 5 years old the show had gotten a bit...stale IMHO.

Awe, yeah, I loved him there too. And I'm so glad that nowadays he's also on the big screen and also on TV (FNL's last season is just running over here). He really deserved this success - my opinion .
                    I have seen him on the big screen twice now, King Kong and Argo. He was hilarious in King Kong! And, yes, I agree that he his success is well deserved.

And I'm seeing why. His acting as coach Taylor is great, especially in the last season. My, he really has some badass!qualities there ! Love how subtle he's acting now ...
                    Agreed.

Shame on you ! *just kidding* I watched that movie BECAUSE JT was in there ans was surprised when I also saw AP.
                    Okay, now I gotta go watch this movie again! Thank goodness for the internet!

Let me guess, the guy you mentioned in your nick?
                    Yep.

Seriously, I have no idea what JF had bothered. There was a time last year I wished I would but decided that it is not my business. Just "unfollowed" him at Twitter - I even didn't remember he had that Twitter-account, thought he'd deleted it until last week he tweeted something. I thought: "Oh! Still alive? Have a nice life!" and pushed that buttom . Bad Hyn!
                    I don't think I follow him on twitter either. I've seen some of his tweets though...stupid.

But when I see other former JF-fans, I'm not alone - and I never was a credulousy fan. That's something my father teached me - never take your "star" as the holy grail - always try to get the whole picture. Well, at least you know now why I think the half number of JF-fans here at GW is on my Ignore-list ...
                    As for David G. - I'm doing my rumblings now at the boards I'm also admin at but I do critize him when I think he's wrong - and had some discussions with the site-owner because she wants to keep it all positive what I simply can't do. Don't think that's a bad thing - besides that David IS checking the Grimm-communities from time to time. All the castmembers from Grimm are - thanks to Sasha Roiz who teached them all to do so.
                    Okay, trying to formulate a response to this...gimmieaminute... Okay, Good to know you're not alone on the former JF-fans boat. And you're dad taught you well, smart man. Ooh, being an admin for a forum/board is just...I would never want to do that. I'd be horrible at it. Good for you speaking our mind though!

To take the Grimm-way of playing with words: witchiest - only not a "W" but a "B"
                    That's what I thought, I just wasn't sure.

Originally posted by ladygris View Post

Oh, and I found the Magic Wand tool for this! Very handy, that!
                    I've been using that tool (on Gimp) a lot lately. Thanks to, I think it was...Jumble? For pointing it out to me.

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                    Awesome challenge entries everyone. Just a quick reminder to please PM them to me as soon as they are made so I can collect them for the post in good time for Friday. On this challenge can you also please put the number of the texture you've used in the PM.

As a general rule please can everyone try to remember to put their name in the filename of the artwork you are submitting - putting the challenge post together always takes a bit of time and admin. We love doing it, but anything that can shave a bit of time off like this little detail really helps us out! Thanks all
                    I've been real good at remembering to do that lately.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Thanks, Hyn, Jumble and Josi! I love all the looks of the arties...

Josiane, actually I remembered a lovely light, pastel shade that you did of RDA and AT...or was it you? And thought I'd like to try something like that. Tut for that please?????
                      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                        Aw, sorry your not feeling good Hyn.:-( The sig looks great!
                        Thanks . Still not much better. Meh, I've the impression that every single of my bones is hurting - not the best sign *sniff*

You're welcome. Ehm, I can't remember what sig it is now that I'm typing up this post.
                        That should be the ... Kouf/Greenwalt-sig, better known as two of the three heads behind Grimm

Yes, that would be annoying! There was a show here called "John And Kate Plus Eight" about a couple raising twins (girls - 5yrs old when the show started) and sextuplets (6 babies!). It was interesting and fascinating at first but then, well, TLC, the channel that aired the show, was showing reruns every single day. Sometimes more than one episode! I mean, enough already! I just got tired of it. Also, it was more entertaining when the babies were...babies. By the time they were 5 years old the show had gotten a bit...stale IMHO.
                        Yep, that's something I know too. Seriously how often you can watch one and the same scene? Are those people running networks really thinking the viewers are stupid?

I have seen him on the big screen twice now, King Kong and Argo. He was hilarious in King Kong! And, yes, I agree that he his success is well deserved.
                        He was in King Kong? Oh ! ... nope, I'm not watching that movie! I'm trying my best to ignore everything Peter Jackson had done or will do. What he did to LotR was enough for me :angry:
                        I've seen KC in "The day Earth stood still" and he was great! Argo is on my list, I really want to watch that one ... not only because KC but he's one of the other reasons .

Okay, now I gotta go watch this movie again! Thank goodness for the internet!
                        I hope you will have fun

I don't think I follow him on twitter either. I've seen some of his tweets though...stupid.
                        Yep *iz nodding*

Okay, trying to formulate a response to this...gimmieaminute... Okay, Good to know you're not alone on the former JF-fans boat. And you're dad taught you well, smart man. Ooh, being an admin for a forum/board is just...I would never want to do that. I'd be horrible at it. Good for you speaking our mind though!
                        Well, I'm not admin of the forum, I'm Gallery admin. The boards aren't this active now that we need two admins there - besides that I'm also doing some Team-stuff and icons for the forum (and the members). But mostly I'm managing the gallery, searching pics and capping interviews, movies and shows - usual stuff ). I'm only now helping out with the news because Grimm will premiere over here next month and I'm also searching news for that, as we want to keep the site as international as we can.
                        My Dad and wise ... ahm, I would say, it were different times when he and my Mom grew up and my family had somewhat a sort of history over here when it comes to sports, especially icehockey and football (soccer). I myself grew up knowing a lot of professional sportstars and it was ... normal to know them, while my friends became fanboys/-girls when I told them I'd met this or that guy or had to take calls from one of those "stars" for one of my brothers. My Dad was a (semi) coach so I learned from him to critize but to keep this critic in a useful way - not always friendly, true, but useful.

That's what I thought, I just wasn't sure.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                        Sig & Avi by Josi
                        sigpic
                        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                          Thanks . Still not much better. Meh, I've the impression that every single of my bones is hurting - not the best sign *sniff*
                          Yeah, not really a good sign. You're welcome though! Think my chest cold is getting better. Have hardly been coughing the last few days.

That should be the ... Kouf/Greenwalt-sig, better known as two of the three heads behind Grimm
                          Oh yes, I remember it now!

Yep, that's something I know too. Seriously how often you can watch one and the same scene? Are those people running networks really thinking the viewers are stupid?
                          I know right?

He was in King Kong? Oh ! ... nope, I'm not watching that movie! I'm trying my best to ignore everything Peter Jackson had done or will do. What he did to LotR was enough for me :angry:
                          I've seen KC in "The day Earth stood still" and he was great! Argo is on my list, I really want to watch that one ... not only because KC but he's one of the other reasons .
                          Yep, King Kong. Sorry you got your hate on for PJ though. I didn't like the LOTR movies myself. Not really my cup of tea. I too saw The Day The Earth Stood Still. Also saw KC in Super 8. And you will love ARGO! I did! I'm so mad that Ben Affleck got Oscar snubbed! He did a phenomenal job directing Argo IMHO.

I hope you will have fun
                          I hope so too...whenever I get to watch it.

Yep *iz nodding*
                          Mmmhmm.

Well, I'm not admin of the forum, I'm Gallery admin. The boards aren't this active now that we need two admins there - besides that I'm also doing some Team-stuff and icons for the forum (and the members). But mostly I'm managing the gallery, searching pics and capping interviews, movies and shows - usual stuff ). I'm only now helping out with the news because Grimm will premiere over here next month and I'm also searching news for that, as we want to keep the site as international as we can.
                          I see. And, WOW, you're a busy beaver!

My Dad and wise ... ahm, I would say, it were different times when he and my Mom grew up and my family had somewhat a sort of history over here when it comes to sports, especially icehockey and football (soccer). I myself grew up knowing a lot of professional sportstars and it was ... normal to know them, while my friends became fanboys/-girls when I told them I'd met this or that guy or had to take calls from one of those "stars" for one of my brothers. My Dad was a (semi) coach so I learned from him to critize but to keep this critic in a useful way - not always friendly, true, but useful.
                          Woahkay! That is cool, knowing sports stars and it being normal for/to you. And I still think your dad has a good head on his shoulders. Wish mine did.

Yeah, yeah, laugh it up!
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

Sorry for double posting...

Got me a challenge question: If we have more than one texture do we have to make one piece of art for each texture alone or can we use both textures in one piece of art?

Just FYI: I plan on making two sigs one for each texture. Was wondering if I could use both textures in a third sig for the challenge.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                              Sorry for double posting...

Got me a challenge question: If we have more than one texture do we have to make one piece of art for each texture alone or can we use both textures in one piece of art?

Just FYI: I plan on making two sigs one for each texture. Was wondering if I could use both textures in a third sig for the challenge.
                              Jumble said it doesn't quite matter, just as long as the texture is used somehow. I used three textures in 1 entry anyway!
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

As always, the challenge is open to your own interpretation - use the textures any way you please.

Comment

Working...
                                X