Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        something for the Valenship mini-challenge

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...l_the_seas.jpg

Looks great, Nola!

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Thanks Hyn!
          sigpic

Comment

Nice work, Nola!

Here's something from me for the challenge:

sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Great stuff Josi, Nola!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                Nice work, Nola!

Here's something from me for the challenge:

[center]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...-pltexture.jpg
                Looks great, josi!

Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic
                LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Today I played a little with a (paper)drawing I did of a Finnish singer once and that's what came out ^_^

Comment

That's beautiful NP

Comment

Thank you Jumble Happy you like it

Comment

Challenge entry...........

Using this texture, randomly picked for me by Josi .....

Last edited by Jumble; 20 January 2013, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Looking good, Jumble! And one of my favourite textures ! Yay!

Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks Hyn Wasn't sure how to Jumblifiy it until I hit the Paint Daubs button - worked a treat

Comment

Great stuff, Josi and Nola!

Very lovely arties!
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Great arties for this challenge already!

Here's the tut that josi asked for.

To make this in PS:

Spoiler:
                                You will need:

Open your canvas however big you want and fill with white. I used 500x180.

Open the first image, the texture. I used this particular one, rotated 90 degrees. Then, I duplicated it, flipped it horizontally, and blended the two together. Grab the layer in your layers menu, and drag it into your canvas. It should appear. (From now on, I'll use the phrase “paste into your canvas” for this.) Scale and position as desired.

Open your second image, the screen cap of Natasha. Using the marquee tool (top left corner of the toolbar on the left side of the screen), hold down the left mouse button and select the elliptical shape. Then, using that, draw a circle around Natasha's face. Right click, select “Layer via Copy.” Then, paste the circle crop of Natasha's face into your sig. Place this closer to the right side of your sig.

Now comes a lot of layers and cropping and pasting. On your original texture, paste a copy of your original picture of Natasha into it. Scale it down and crop to fit the “frame” of the flowers. Then, merge all the layers (Layers-->Merge Down), and crop so that you just have Natasha's picture and the leaves/flowers on the edges. No feathering when using the marquee tool. Paste this whole thing into your canvas. Scale down until this is about half as tall as your sig. (When you do this step, make sure it's a “waist up” image of Natasha that you put in here, not a close-up or headshot.)

Now, open your third image, the purply wallpaper texture, and paste into your canvas. Set to Normal, Fill 62%. Move this so that it overlays the left eye of the large round pic of Natasha. Put it under your cropped layer that you just did.

This is the fun part, where you start duplicating layers.

Duplicate the large round image of Natasha and move it to the top. Scale down (Transform-->Scale, make sure the little chain links between H and W at the top of your screen is clicked) so that it's a touch wider than your little square shot. Position it so that the top of the circle is just under—or over—her chin, depending on how you like things. Get all of these layers lined up how you like them. They should look like this:

Use Ctrl—Alt—Shift—E to make a stamp of the whole thing. Scale down a little under half as tall as the sig. Position so it looks like this:

Again, use the Ctrl—Alt—Shift—E key sequence to make a stamp of everything. Rotate this stamp 90 degrees Counter Clockwise (Edit-->Transform-->Rotate 90 CCW). Scale down until it is approximately as tall as your canvas, and the position above all the other cuts. Your sig should now look something like this:

Now, using the Times New Roman at 200 pt, make a massive & sign in color#4a414e (or a darker color that works for your sig). Using Edit-->Free Transform, rotate it a touch toward the right to angle it. Put it under the very last layer you did, letting only part of it show.

Make a stamp of all of this.

Now, using the exact same color, create a color fill layer, set to Normal, opacity 100%.

Open the fourth layer, the purple wallpaper, paste into your canvas, and set to Overlay, opacity 100%. Position this until you've got a nice texture on the right side of the screen. Drag the stamp you just made above this texture and shift it slightly to the left so you have a strip of the background showing. It should look like this:

Make a stamp of all of that.

COLORING
                                Spoiler:
                                You'll find all of these under Layer-->Adjustment Layer.

Gradient Map
                                #000000 to #ffffff
                                Set to Overlay, opacity 50%

Selective Coloring
                                Reds: -21, +6, -30, +14
                                Blues: -100, 0, 0, 0
                                Neutrals: +8, 0, +4, -16
                                Blacks: +25, +9, -16, +7

Color Balance
                                Shadows: +9, -4, -16
                                Midtones: +7, -8, -3
                                Highlights: -14, 0, +5

Make a stamp of all this

TEXT
                                Spoiler:
                                For “Natasha Romanoff, I used Times New Roman, 18 pt in color#2b1f36. In the example below, there is a little button on the very top toolbar with bullet points. Click that to open up the editor, and set to Small Caps. (Love this feature! I can make any font Small Caps!)

For “The Black Widow,” I used Times New Roman, 17 pt in color #dce1e7. I left the “Small Caps” settings alone, and used this handy little tool found in the upper left corner of the toolbar to change the orientation of the text. I positioned them along the right hand side of the sig, In that purple stripe.

And you're done!

Please let me know if you have any questions at all! Hope that was easy to understand.

Comment

Working...
                                X