The GateWorld Cantina MKII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    That basically proves my point. You have this large cast and while its generally assumed the male and female leads get the most screentime all the overemphasis on just two character and so little time to the others leads to underdevloped plots and character. For example in SGU its a given the war between Rush and Young is going to be central but the writers still had important storylines for people like TJ and Greer
    But lets face it...which obviously you just can't seem to get this fact that it was John's story. I mean whether you like it or not....this was John Crichton's story and so to veer off onto the other characters just doesn't really make that much sense...they did just enough to give you backstory but that is all they really could do since they made a creative deciion to make most of their story about John and how things affected him.
    Originally posted by jelgate
    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

And I disagree with that assessment anymore than SG1 was Jack's story. It was a bunch of aliens on the run from a military dictatorship who were forced to work together
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

And I disagree with that assessment anymore than SG1 was Jack's story. It was a bunch of aliens on the run from a military dictatorship who were forced to work together
        Bull **** ...you're on crack. Just listen to the opening credit monologue told by John himself. It's John's story period...and no Jack was not the central element on SG1 ..that was always about "the team" and the whole Stargate program. Farscape was mainly about John...his journey.....who he met....his dichotomy and dilemma of who was his real family and how is he going to get back to Earth...and should he go back to Earth....that whole bit of getting that wormhole crap out of this head.. I mean .....wanna know the real tiring story line if you ask me was that bit...more over then John/Aeryn. That whole gotta get that precious wormhole deal in his head was really stretched very thin and so that was why they had the need for the whole Scorpy dealio cuz it was just getting overused.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
          Bull **** ...you're on crack.
          You are JUST noticing that Suse ?

Not only are you sneaky, but also a bit slow on the uptake there *hugs Suse*

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Bull **** ...you're on crack. Just listen to the opening credit monologue told by John himself. It's John's story period...and no Jack was not the central element on SG1 ..that was always about "the team" and the whole Stargate program. Farscape was mainly about John...his journey.....who he met....his dichotomy and dilemma of who was his real family and how is he going to get back to Earth...and should he go back to Earth....that whole bit of getting that wormhole crap out of this head.. I mean .....wanna know the real tiring story line if you ask me was that bit...more over then John/Aeryn. That whole gotta get that precious wormhole deal in his head was really stretched very thin and so that was why they had the need for the whole Scorpy dealio cuz it was just getting overused.
            The monolouge sets the setting and I will admit he is the anchor that connect the audience to that setting. Its only John's story because the writers got obsessed with him. It should have been more and included other plot arcs and focused on others too
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
              You are JUST noticing that Suse ?

Not only are you sneaky, but also a bit slow on the uptake there *hugs Suse*
              yeah...sis you're just now getting that I'm slow? I have three...count them three brain cells... 1....2.....3......and it's nights like this that Jel just drives me insane that I lose another one cuz it just spontaneously combusts

The monolouge sets the setting and I will admit he is the anchor that connect the audience to that setting. Its only John's story because the writers got obsessed with him. It should have been more and included other plot arcs and focused on others too
              hello...they are the writers and that is their story..they are telling a Story about a man....who gets lost in an alien universe It's not about the aliens so much....only about them as much as necessary to show how they have impacted John. It's Crais...was chasing him....trying to kill him in the beginning....scorpy torturing him... Chiana....loving him and needing him like a father/brother... D'argo's bro in arms.... Rygels... still haven't figured that out yet... and on and on they were all given a very special place in John's live and ALL their relationships were important...it's just that Aeryn was his mate.

Comment

Just because I watch a show doesn't mean I have to agree with the writers in their story anymore then the SGA haters took every moment to bash the writers. I say it was wrong to to put so much emphasis on John as their were some great potential in expanding other characters. If it an esemble cast as you suggested all the characters should have had rapids development. Thats what esemble means

I can do this all night
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Just because I watch a show doesn't mean I have to agree with the writers in their story anymore then the SGA haters took every moment to bash the writers. I say it was wrong to to put so much emphasis on John as their were some great potential in expanding other characters. If it an esemble cast as you suggested all the characters should have had rapids development. Thats what esemble means

I can do this all night
                  *brain cell explodes*

well get over it It was Johns story that is how they wanted to tell their story...it wasn't Chiana's story...It wasn't D'Argo's story...it wasn't Scorpy's story....or Crais' story... It was John's story and I do agree that it would've been cool to branch out into other arcs and stuff and to see more about the other characters and stuff...but that wouldn't really help to tell the main story they wanted to tell which was John's story *collapses*

Comment

I will get over it when you give over the Poof scene or Quadlateral of Doom. That is actually a perfect analogy. That was the story RDM wanted to tell for BSG. Did it make you anymore accepting?
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I will get over it when you give over the Poof scene or Quadlateral of Doom. That is actually a perfect analogy. That was the story RDM wanted to tell for BSG. Did it make you anymore accepting?
                      No....but to be fair...he admitted in inty's later that toward he end he did allow some of the actors to sway him and allowed them to do things that he didn't even have scripted. Like Cavil... wasn't supposed to kill himself... It was no where in the Script of Kara to say... she loved Sam and that last scene with Kara/Sam.... Katee admited she adlibbed alot of that cuz it just felt right for her character to do and say that... I really don't feel that by the end RDM had alot of creative control...because he allowed too many of his actors to make decisions on set ...and they were on such a strict filming timeline and they were already over time and over budget that they just had to wrap... I mean that whole ending seemed sort of thrown together and rushed and even the whole crew to me looked so stressed and sleep deprived and maybe that added to their overall plight and weariness of their long journey...but still I mean I really don't know if he ultimately was truly telling his story... OMG don't even get me started on that.

oh but I have made peace with the poof really I have

Comment

The important thing is that you see my point. I never blindly follow people. I'm a skeptic at heart
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

yeah...sis you're just now getting that I'm slow? I have three...count them three brain cells... 1....2.....3......and it's nights like this that Jel just drives me insane that I lose another one cuz it just spontaneously combusts
                          Seems I know now what to get you for Christmas, a triple lobotomy and six dozen rolls of rubber wallpaper

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

And a straight jacket. Don't forget the straight jacket
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

The important thing is that you see my point. I never blindly follow people. I'm a skeptic at heart
                              I always see your point It's just I don't always agree with it but that's what makes debating fun sometimes. .....erm....unless Foley's involved

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                              Seems I know now what to get you for Christmas, a triple lobotomy and six dozen rolls of rubber wallpaper
                              how about a few dozen brain cells implanted but be careful who the donor is

Comment

how about a few dozen brain cells implanted but be careful who the donor is
                                I thought Abby Nor Mal was kind enough to donate a brain.... that and I can get you a few dozen shots of caffine straight up

Comment

Working...
                                X