Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
    Wow!

I seem to be having more group projects in grad school than I've had since high school. 4 our of 6 classes so far have had one. It's getting annoying.
    Professors are hanging around elementary teachers way too much
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Proffesors have kids too
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Proffesors have kids too
        Speaking off, I am working one in the summer program that is currently giving me money to spend whole days with kids. She's very good at teaching those rascals about writing.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Proffesors have kids too
          You must be the mother.

Comment

Children don't write. They use the Idiot box aka the computer which I call the Ph
            Jelgate is right

Comment

It's true - they don't write - they print if they put words down at all. When I administer the SATs, there's a certification statement that they have to write out in cursive and sign their names to. It's amazing the number of high school juniors who cannot write. I've been asked how to make certain letters!
              sigpic

Comment

yeah I know and they are thinking about discontinuing teaching cursive writing So how's that gonna go the first time these kids that aren't taught that....have to actually "sign their name"? :O
                Originally posted by jelgate
                This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Who uses cursive these days? Everything is in print when you are told to write something
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                    yeah I know and they are thinking about discontinuing teaching cursive writing So how's that gonna go the first time these kids that aren't taught that....have to actually "sign their name"? :O
                    They'll just print it.
                    Meh...

Comment

Who uses cursive these days? Everything is in print when you are told to write something
                      yeah I know that is what they are thinking however,I still think it would be a shame..it is an artform They will just shove that onto the art department then

Originally posted by Livestick View Post
                      They'll just print it.
                      well but a printed signature I don't think is legal is it?

Comment

Then I say get rid of it. Art has no practical purpose
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                          well but a printed signature I don't think is legal is it?
                          I have no idea. They could always make it legal if it isn't.
                          Meh...

Comment

Originally posted by Livestick View Post
                            I have no idea. They could always make it legal if it isn't.
                            but the chances of "forgeries" would possibly run rampant. I mean I guess in the future we'll all have some secret code that we'll use in conjunction with our signature to make sure it's legit. I mean that is the only problem I see with it. But like now I teach Calligraphy ....which really was an older form of formal writing so I can just see years in the future the new kids will be like ohhhhh ahhhhh....Cursive Writing...how cool.... I want to learn that But if you told them they had to learn it...they'd be like awwww man do we have to?

Comment

Who cares? We are 5 years from the Robot Rebellion where robots will destroy us all
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Who cares? We are 5 years from the Robot Rebellion where robots will destroy us all
                                I thought that was happening this year? Dammit...now I have to return all that disaster preparedness crap to Walmart

Comment

Working...
                                X