This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Iffy and Chaddergate!
    "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
    ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Just some information for anyone looking, I recently met a guy that is a College Scholarship Cross Country runner and my first question was, what kind of shoes do you where?

Brooks Adrenaline

I had only recently heard of this brand when a friend of mine that started running was prepping for his first 10K and went to a store dedicated to running and they recommended him to get a pair of Brooks and he loves them. Most major general type shoe stores don't sell them so you'd have to go to a store dedicated to running I think.

Brooks Running Website
      sigpic

Comment

I love my local running store. They keep track of what Ive bought for shoes and helped me find a pair of trail runners that I love.
        sigpic

Comment

Had to run on the treadmill today because of 40ºC temperatures and then thunderstorms. Did hill training and had the tv on, but it was still boring as all get out!! I hate the treadmill... Still, the workout was good, so I'm glad for the run.

Iffy, yay for finding your favourite shoes! I have flat, wide feet, so it often takes me forever to find a good pair. The pair I have right now are brilliant - I'm thinking I'll take them in with me when the time comes to look for a new pair.
          "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
          ~William Adama

Comment

Professor_S - I have such high arches finding shoes is challenging so I tend to stick to what works for me.

3 miles today with a mile of 30/30s. Cool and misting out today.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
              Professor_S - I have such high arches finding shoes is challenging so I tend to stick to what works for me.

3 miles today with a mile of 30/30s. Cool and misting out today.
              Sweet! I love interval training - kicks the crap outta me every time! And I have to say, I'm jealous of your weather; that's perfect for running.
              ~William Adama

Comment

Originally posted by Professor_S View Post
                Sweet! I love interval training - kicks the crap outta me every time! And I have to say, I'm jealous of your weather; that's perfect for running.
                It was a little on the too muddy side at times, but temperature was really nice. Although everyone is a bit sun starved still. Winter was very cloudy and spring and now the beginnings of summer are very cool and cloudy.
                sigpic

Comment

Knee Injury seems to have cleared up! Been back out this week running as normal! Feels bloody good to be at it again!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                    Knee Injury seems to have cleared up! Been back out this week running as normal! Feels bloody good to be at it again!
                    Wahoo. It is always nice to get back at it. I tripped running about a year ago now and had some very nice road rash after the fact.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yay!! Feels awesome getting back to it, eh.
                      ~William Adama

Comment

Originally posted by Professor_S View Post
                        Yay!! Feels awesome getting back to it, eh.
                        Really does. On leave at the moment as well, which means I'm able to revisit some of the cross-country routes around where my family live. I hate road running, so it's fantastic to be out on dirt tracks and stuff.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Really does. On leave at the moment as well, which means I'm able to revisit some of the cross-country routes around where my family live. I hate road running, so it's fantastic to be out on dirt tracks and stuff.
                          Am I ever jealous! I try to get out on the trails when I can, but for the most part, I run amidst the malls and monotonous housing that populate suburbia. I always find that the dirt roads are kinder to my knees and ankles too.
                          ~William Adama

Comment

I haven't been running much lately, but I just got my treadmill in today, and I'm going to start using it daily. I'll also have plenty of time this summer, so I plan to do a Stargate re-watch/audio commentary at the same time.
                            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Finally, I've had a really good week, I've run 3-4 miles everyday since the first, and feeling good.
                              sigpic
                              Jack: Uhh, Daniel - for cryin' out loud!!, I said I would watch the Stanley Cup playoffs with you!
                              Is all this necessary??!?

Comment

Working...
                              X