This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    And conversely, a Democrat only has to convince a couple of thousand flaming liberals to get the state, and they don't need convincing either.
    More like a couple millions? Dems won't invest much effort in perpetually right/Replicant states
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

The important thing is now I don't have to hide my "brownies" from the police
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        The important thing is now I don't have to hide my "brownies" from the police
        Yeah, I saw that. NY is doing the same thing; one of the local Dem pols had a campaign "promise" that if the Dems kept control of the state, (a foregone conclusion here) they would legalize it in the first month of the new year. Cuomo has been pushing it aggressively for the past year or so.

But they're fooling no one. It's not out of any sudden change of heart. NY and other high tax states are going to be facing intense pressure to cut state tax rates due to changes in Fed. tax law that Trump put through, and they're gonna need the tax revenue.

Careful with those brownies, though. They are still illegal on the federal level. Federal supersedes state law.

Comment

Pot edibles are very touchy, it's not even legal here unless its licensed by the govt. I just saw today that Mexico wants to legalize it too.

Hopefully it will be legalized on the Federal level soon. Whatever the incentive is, I think it's really great news that more and more country are going forward with legalization. If I may add, the amount of infractions and tickets given for DUI have been exponentially increasing since the legalization, which means more money too.

Not to mention the double effect that it would have in the US. I'm pretty sure there are hundreds of thousands of people incarcerated for marijuana possession, I guess it depends of the state? If pardon is given to inmates, like it will be here in Canada, it would free up a lot of room in your overcrowded prisons and therefore reduce state expenses.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            Hopefully it will be legalized on the Federal level soon. Whatever the incentive is, I think it's really great news that more and more country are going forward with legalization. If I may add, the amount of infractions and tickets given for DUI have been exponentially increasing since the legalization, which means more money too.
            And more dead people on the roads, too. It's just as serious as DWI.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              And more dead people on the roads, too. It's just as serious as DWI.
              You couldn't be more wrong about that. Funny how this wasn't an issue prior to legalization eh? Seen many headlines with ''marijuana-impaired driver kills a family of 5?'' ?

For every 200 drunk drivers that kill someone you might have a couple that were high, the rest that are classified with this bunch of idiots are people high on coke or worse.

Those that drove under the ''influence'' of weed did it before it was legal, and will do it anyways. Difference is that the cops are focusing on it since legalization.
              Spoiler:

Comment

You people are no fun. Have to turn a joke into a serious discussion
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

So, trump looses the house, next day Jeff Sessions is forced out of the role of AG, and a trump stoolie is appointed as acting AG.
                  hmm...….
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    You people are no fun. Have to turn a joke into a serious discussion
                    Just share your brownies, otherwise you're the one that's no fun. Please send a platter to the Replicant headquarters, they are in grave need of clarity.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      So, trump looses the house, next day Jeff Sessions is forced out of the role of AG, and a trump stoolie is appointed as acting AG.
                      hmm...….
                      He certainly wasted no time.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

hmm...….
                        googled up his mug
                        blond aryan skinhead
                        can tell that he's corrupt asF

since that piece ofS plans to defund the Mueller investigation while going after political opponents it's safe to say the entire Department of inJustice will be useless

so here's an idea the House should defund the entire DoJ (they've the power to now right?)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          googled up his mug
                          blond aryan skinhead
                          can tell that he's corrupt asF

since that piece ofS plans to defund the Mueller investigation while going after political opponents it's safe to say the entire Department of inJustice will be useless

so here's an idea the House should defund the entire DoJ (they've the power to now right?)
                          No, DoJ falls under executive branch powers.
                          sigpic

Comment

No, DoJ falls under executive branch powers.
                            head of state tells his ministers what to do but House decides how much $ each ministry gets right?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                              head of state tells his ministers what to do but House decides how much $ each ministry gets right?
                              House and senate have to agree for funding, but only congress can create law, that's the major difference.
                              sigpic

Comment

only congress can create law, that's the major difference.
                                the POtuS alone will just veto anything out of House (and House lacks 2/3 Dems to veto the veto) so their legislating power's useless

and if House needs Senate consent for any defunding...what exactly have the Dems gained from this election aside from the ability to "paralyse" the administration (to some extent)?

Comment

Working...
                                X