This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    This is the difference between party spin and actual fake news.
    In fact, the last couple of stories I linked were all sourced from fake news or satire outlets.
    Welcome to the post fact world.

YOU tricked me you monster

What so the North Korea phone call story is fake and the book story is fake too?

You monster you tricked me
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

The NK phone call is fake, it is a riff on the Taiwan/Trump phone call, so total fabrication.
      The book one is fake news, but the book itself is actually quite real, as are the quotes.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Gatefan -- you trickster.

Should have waited with the reveal a little longer...

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Glad you acknowledge that. And isn't this what me and annoyed have been trying to SAY for a # of years!?
        Was going to show you, you were being duped but Gatefan already broke the spell.

In any case:

Fake News Watch: Politicalears.com (do love the address)

Poltical Ears claims to be real news form a conservative perspective. However, reading their stories it is clear this site mixed truth and fiction making it a clickbait site at best and a fake news site at worst. Here are some of the reasons:

The Home page is a store front, not a news site.
        Here are a few of the outrageous headlines that are used just to get people to click to the site:

Obama Declares Himself Supreme Leader Then Bans Ammunition and Taunts Congress

Source: GOP Leaders Have Already Selected 2016 Presidential Ticket
        This story appeared in Nov, 2014 claiming the ticket selected was Rand Paul/Susanna Martinez

Obama Admits His Wife is a Transexual Named Michael; Crowd Freaks on Live TV

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        What no fact checking....... How is someone allowed to write such filth?
        Always check!
        Cause, you see, it is fake.

I knew one of you two would bite. (I thought it would be annoyed however)
        My bet was on SGAlisa first, Garhkal (sorry man) second.

In fact, the last couple of stories I linked were all sourced from fake news or satire outlets.
        It's a dangerous place!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Those sites are saying exactly what Annoyed and Garhkal already believe, and exactly what they want to hear. Confirmation bias doesn't care if the 'news' is made up as long as it's saying the 'right' things.

Comment

And you didn't think I'd pick up on that?

Comment

What no fact checking....... How is someone allowed to write such filth?
              Ever hear of Freedom of Speech?

Yes, GF playing games. But as I've said, short of libel, people have the right to publish what they want. It is the responsibility of the listener or audience to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                Those sites are saying exactly what Annoyed and Garhkal already believe, and exactly what they want to hear. Confirmation bias doesn't care if the 'news' is made up as long as it's saying the 'right' things.
                On the contrary. Such material on a site I've never heard of sets off my alarm bells. The vast majority of sites are left biased, so I expect to see pro liberal nonsense. But when I see an unknown site posting strong right leaning stuff, I have to wonder if its legitimate, or is it to be filed in the circular file along with huffington and all the other liberal garbage sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  See, I have more faith in you...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Gatefan -- you trickster.

Cause, you see, it is fake.

That may well be but the book he showed is quite real......

I find it disturbing that freedom of speech allows you to publish a book like that.
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

That may well be but the book he showed is quite real......
                      I find it disturbing that freedom of speech allows you to publish a book like that.
                      Freedom of speech -- don't have to agree with it, but we do have it.

Comment

No
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Given that you have linked such sites before, no.
                          I did make it easy though, quoting some of the more extreme stories.
                          sigpic

Comment

On the contrary. Such material on a site I've never heard of sets off my alarm bells. The vast majority of sites are left biased, so I expect to see pro liberal nonsense. But when I see an unknown site posting strong right leaning stuff, I have to wonder if its legitimate, or is it to be filed in the circular file along with huffington and all the other liberal garbage sites.
                            Huffington is an example of severe left wing bias, not fake news.
                            sigpic

Comment

Huffington is an example of severe left wing bias, not fake news.
                              Same thing as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Given that you have linked such sites before, no.
                                I did make it easy though, quoting some of the more extreme stories.
                                The one site had something on a link about the author's **** being the biggest in the world.. A dead giveaway.

Comment

Working...
                                X