X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Yay the cold war begins again.

See the world is ruled by nutters
    That's because Obama is still President of the USA. So, the "new Cold War" status falls within *his* legacy and administrative system.

Obama seems to be still enjoying doing things (making policies and setting up scenarios), which includes provoking or poking at the Siberian bear (gov't system). DON'T poke the bear!! Bear will bite back sooner or later.. Apparently, the Dems (admin & company) haven't learned when to back off yet.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Then again, Putin spoke out first about having more nuclear weapons. Trump can't stay behind obviously.

Hey, SGAlisa, how do you like Trump now?
    Jeeze, how'd I get dragged back into this conversation?

Just for the moment, tho, I trust Trump more than the current Dem admin. I've already explained why pages ago, so no need to rehash it.

Currently still unable to write (or think) for a few more days, so any further answers will probably show up on the "Tracking Earth's Future..." topic instead.

Spoiler:
    I had a little mishap encounter with Santa's well built, solid steel sleigh (made with ancient solid steel walls and legs, not rubber and not padded!).. Got a few grapefruit sized shiners to prove it, too. One of the elves wasn't watching where s/he was going and *rocket propelled* me into the sleigh.. At least my head didn't get hit from the sleigh this year. That happened a few years/yarns ago.. I forgot (where) the bar-handle unit was attached there (sleigh wasNOT moving!) and I absent-mindedly hit it full force when I turned around-- Owww!! right in the sinuses.. Santa got a new sleigh after that. So, I now rarely travel to the north pole without my own frozen ice pack..just in case.

And especially now with the so-called polar cap having a potential *major* melt-down before New Year's Day! Santa Claus might need to utilize water-ski's on his sleigh, especially for those incoming landings..
    wonder how those reindeer manage to stay afloat, too..

Moral of the above (spoiler quote) sleigh story ---- Just be careful and please "look before you leap" in all areas..

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      I was presuming that the aggressive superpower manages to succeed in the takeover without resorting to nukes.
      Except that no nation would be foolish not to use their most powerful weapons in order to bring their enemy to its knees.

Re: Hiroshima & Nagasaki

Aside from all out nuclear war, resulting in the Earth being wipe clean of life, do you think there is anyone that could do that?
      Bio-engineers.

And not someone, but something: a meteor.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Except that no nation would be foolish not to use their most powerful weapons in order to bring their enemy to its knees.

Re: Hiroshima & Nagasaki

Bio-engineers.

And not someone, but something: a meteor.
        I've already ceded the point about bioweapons. =)

But I assume you meant to say:
        Except that no nation would be foolish enough not to use their most powerful weapons in order to bring their enemy to its knees.

Really? The U.S. has been in a number of conflicts since gaining nuclear weapon capability, and we haven't used them.

Assuming an aggressor superpower, with designs on taking over the world, they would be foolish to use nukes unless they were needed to vanquish an enemy. By definition, a "superpower" wouldn't need to use its maximum capability against most of the the countries on the Earth. Would the US need to use nukes to conquer Belgium?
        A wise superpower would not want to destroy the spoils of war.

Comment

Really? The U.S. has been in a number of conflicts since gaining nuclear weapon capability, and we haven't used them.
          A number of conflicts in which it wasn't the intention to conquer more ground.
          If you want to be a superpower to rule all the known world, you would want everyone to bow down to you, and thus you have to be willing to show your might. This would require the use of a powerful weapon to send a message.

Would the US need to use nukes to conquer Belgium?
          You nuke Belgium, and there's nothing left to conquer. You'll be left with a crater and a radioactive area the size of the country. And Luxembourg would be gone too.

A wise superpower would not want to destroy the spoils of war.
          What spoils of war, do tell, would Belgium give you?
          Hypothetically speaking, cause we'd still be that crater.
          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 23 December 2016, 11:54 AM.

Comment

A delicious chocolate puddle?
            sigpic

Comment

A number of conflicts in which it wasn't the intention to conquer more ground.
              If you want to be a superpower to rule all the known world, you would want everyone to bow down to you, and thus you have to be willing to show your might. This would require the use of a powerful weapon to send a message.

You nuke Belgium, and there's nothing left to conquer. You'll be left with a crater and a radioactive area the size of the country. And Luxembourg would be gone too.

What spoils of war, do tell, would Belgium give you?
              Hypothetically speaking, cause we'd still be that crater.
              Exactly my point. It would be stupid to nuke Belgium. There would be no need to, and we would be destroying that which we wish to conquer.

Comment

Exactly my point. It would be stupid to nuke Belgium. There would be no need to, and we would be destroying that which we wish to conquer.
                You conquer fertile land. You do not conquer Belgium, you would enslave it.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  Except if it happens for real we are screwed.
                  "Its the end of the world as we know it.. And i feel fine!!"

So what's everyones thought on yet another muslim woman making false claims of people harassing her cause of her hijab.. The latest one, coming from a student at the Uni of Michigan..
                  http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2919133

Comment

You conquer fertile land. You do not conquer Belgium, you would enslave it.
                    Semantics.
                    But I'm saying that A.F.I.K, Belgium couldn't stand against even one of our carrier strike groups, let alone our entire conventional military. Therefore, it would be stupid and wasteful to nuke it.

Comment

Actually, we could always use those American nukes on our soil against you.

Comment

Getting rid of Annoyed would be doing all of us a favor. Don't worry about me FH. I'll be outside the blast radius
                        Last edited by jelgate; 23 December 2016, 01:55 PM.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

To whom are you referring?
                          How is that little war in the middle east going for you?
                          How much damage has been done to both the national psyche / social development and your legal / power structures by a few thousand people, hell a few thousand of your own deaths?
                          (not belittling those deaths, merely pointing out that compared to your population, it's not that many people)

That is a good point, but it wouldn't qualify as "bombing us back to the stone age"
                          Wiping out 70-95 % of earths population would be the same, just less collateral damage. I also did not quote anything about "bombing us back to the stone age"
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

We could turn off Jindalee here............
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

"Feeling run down? Pooped out? Low on energy? Try a refreshing bottle of ice cold Nuka-Cola, proven to pick you right up (and lay you right down) and give you that nice warm glow-y feeling from the inside out (like literally)"

Comment

Ah, so the LSoS wasn't Kenyan, he's Belgian.

Comment

Working...
                                X