This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    It wouldn't work. He believes the insanity from Trump that Bernie voters will vote for him
    Contrary to popular belief, Trump and Sanders actually share quite a few ideas. Different executions, but similar ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
      He's planning something.. He has to be, he needs to win, his ego won't let him lose.
      You very well may be right with that. He might very well have something up his sleeve.

Comment

When he loses he will just say he was right about the rigged election
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Meanwhile. in the real world:

Russian use of Iranian air base shows Moscow's renewed military might
          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            I believe you folks call that tipping, which is what, a 10% surcharge?
            15%.. And tipping is not supposed to be a mandatory thing, then its a Surcharge, not a Tip.. WHICH is why i will never frequent a restaurant chain that Mandates tipping/ already includes it into your bill.

So say we all
            "Hic".. So say,, hic... we.. hic.... all.

And it would be scaled up.
            See our pay rates: http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/army/w...nd-allowances/
            True your other allowances (Bah, Bas, Uniform etc) do end up pushing your annual sallery NET higher.. BUT i was just going off base pay..

That would be gouging, and oversight would be required to stop it.
            [
            Even with 20+ years of people complaining about it going on for OHA/BAH, there has YET to be any oversite to try and stop it..

So one example in LONDON, one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in is your basis?
            No, it was just the one i picked. It was the same when in Bahrain or Guam. Can't say for those who were stationed elsewhere..

The 15 dollars an hour is to remove the existence of the working poor, or corporate slavery. They would not need things like the SNAP program, or housing assistance to live, making the onus of paying for things on the employer, rather than the government.
            Thing is, the Min wage, was never supposed to BE A LIVING WAGE.. It was supposed to be an ENTRY level wage for those who lived at home etc, to GET work experience and references before moving on to OTHER jobs...

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            So, the restaurant chain will simply increase prices without giving the increase a label.
            More than likely yes they will.. However people are going to be on the look out now.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Trump's chances of winning the presidency are rather low. However, this little piece of text just made me snort a little soda through my nose:
            If you believe polls, sure. BUT imo that's what they are being pushed out like they are for.. To make people think he has no chance, and thus either stay home or vote for hillary, thus ensuring that he doesn't win.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            You have a point but at the same time Trump has a scandal almost every week
            His scandals though are no where in the same ball park as hers..

Comment

I would disagree with that assessment
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post

His scandals though are no where in the same ball park as hers..
                You're comparing his single year in politics, (during which time he has had absolutely no experience running a city, county or state) to her entire working life..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  15%.. And tipping is not supposed to be a mandatory thing, then its a Surcharge, not a Tip.. WHICH is why i will never frequent a restaurant chain that Mandates tipping/ already includes it into your bill.
                  Been at least 25 years since I've gone eaten at a restaurant where tipping is customary, and longer than that since I went into one of my own accord.

I learned back in high school that the tipping system is horribly biased in favor of the female employees, who generally work on the sales floor as opposed to most male employees who work in the kitchen.

It is legal for most restaurants to pay their employees considerably less than min. wage, on the theory that they make up the difference in tips. However, the male kitchen staff rarely sees that income, it is retained by the mostly female servers and such who interface with the customers.
                  I didn't like that movie, so I got up and walked out in spectacular fashion, and I will never return of my own free will, either as a customer or an employee.

Comment

Y'all will go hungry if you don't want to pay the tip -- that's just wrong. These people are working their buts off so you can have your fancy dinner/lunch/breakfast, at minimum wage without a doubt. You ungrateful bastards!

Also, tax/tip is included in the bill over here, and still people leave something extra on the table if the service was good.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                      You're comparing his single year in politics, (during which time he has had absolutely no experience running a city, county or state) to her entire working life..
                      Even compared to his business practices he has had scandals. And I'm not just talking about Trump University
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I think we can all agree he lacks the political experience to make a decent mark as President. I mean, anyone can push a button but it takes a real man/woman to make the choice not to.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

bah, who needs XP when they got $$. that's what makes a good leader

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Y'all will go hungry if you don't want to pay the tip -- that's just wrong. These people are working their buts off so you can have your fancy dinner/lunch/breakfast, at minimum wage without a doubt. You ungrateful bastards!

Also, tax/tip is included in the bill over here, and still people leave something extra on the table if the service was good.
                            I would rather see it be that the employer pays the staff a reasonable wage, and make the decisions about which staff members are just phoning it in and those who are doing their jobs, and the public is not expected to tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                              I saw a little on this in passing on the news yesterday. The USA was claiming that the use of the airbase was a breach of UN rules or something.
                              Made me wonder if Russia is angling to use Iran as it's middle-east cat's paw, and judging by that article, that seems to be the way they are going.
                              Which in turn makes me wonder what Southern Hemisphere country they may try cozying up to.........
                              Indonesia might be an option for them.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                I would rather see it be that the employer pays the staff a reasonable wage, and make the decisions about which staff members are just phoning it in and those who are doing their jobs, and the public is not expected to tip.
                                But if they pay them a reasonable wage, they will go out of business, or have less staff!!
                                What are you, some kind of lefty now??
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X