This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    But that is NOT the case in the US. US public schools are very actively pushing a far left agenda. Look at the article I cited. Or look up any number of similar instances.
    Anything that doesn't fit in your agenda is bad -- so perhaps look at the links I posted which lead to the different departments of education and educate yourself about the system.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
      Nobody actually knows how much money Hezbollah makes because they're too smart to advertise their "colossal financial clout"
      I meant Isis' - they're way richer then hezbolah right?

edit> nvm, dug this up: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/list-worlds...veiled-1474351

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I know a lot of teachers - both in primary school and highschool - and you're talking bias. The only bias they have is to their school (be it state funded or catholic school, or privately funded). Everything else, that which deals with what they learn is set in guidelines from the department of education, which is more or less in constant flux, trying to keep up with the changes in the world.
        Yes, and many of them are also appeasers to whatever political/social movements are going on, as long as they're perceived as being left-wing of course, since then you can just act above the law in the name of social justice. I'm not saying it's their fault exactly, but the whole thing stinks.

And I really don't see why we need to tie things like animal welfare, gay rights and immigration to left-wing politics - it's basically saying other people don't have a heart which is dangerous to do. Having immigration/border controls (ala every country in the world except Western ones) is far more humane than just letting them all in. It would seem to me that leftists just hijack various political situations and take the most extreme viewpoint to try and stop anyone else implementing a "normal" centered solution. It's a war they'll never win as it's totally illogical, like the "ban the bomb" protests from the 60s/70s, same politics different time. The bomb is still around and the protests did nothing.

Which is a shame... knowing more than one language can be a big plus.
        Belgians don't really have a choice in the matter, though, seeing as how both French and Dutch are the official languages so knowing both is pretty much a must.
        Languages are great so yeah, it is a big shame. It took me a few years into my late-20s to learn a second language, and now I'm learning my third. It should of been something I did much earlier. It's only due to UK/US's position in the world that many can get away with just the one language.

Comment

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lukebailey/...9d#.ul9LNybx9o

A simple explanation on UK politics and Brexit and all the other nonsense
          sigpic

Comment

I know a lot of teachers - both in primary school and highschool - and you're talking bias. The only bias they have is to their school (be it state funded or catholic school, or privately funded). Everything else, that which deals with what they learn is set in guidelines from the department of education, which is more or less in constant flux, trying to keep up with the changes in the world.

Which is a shame... knowing more than one language can be a big plus.
            Belgians don't really have a choice in the matter, though, seeing as how both French and Dutch are the official languages so knowing both is pretty much a must.

Different Departments of Education:

USA
            Our mission is to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering educational excellence and ensuring equal access.

UK

The Department for Education is responsible for education and children’s services in England. We work to achieve a highly educated society in which opportunity is equal for children and young people, no matter what their background or family circumstances.

Australia

Flanders

New York
            As I've said multiple times here, UK does not = England. If you mean England, then say England.
            We have a completely different education system in Scotland.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
              Anyone can make Hollywood-styled propaganda films these days. All you need is a DSLR and a laptop with editing software.

Nobody actually knows how much money Hezbollah makes because they're too smart to advertise their "colossal financial clout". They get about $200 million a year from Iran. They make a huge amount of money from drug trade in South Asia and South America. They run hashish plantations in Lebanon's Bekaa valley, they make money from human trafficking between Mexico and USA, they get generous donations from Shi'ite Lebanese businessmen worldwide (the Lebanese diaspora is quite large).
              And i wouldn't be surprised to find out a sizable chunk of 'financial aid' given to many Palestinian focused charities, gets funneled their way...

Comment

Yes, knowing how things work can be a big help.
                Did you not read an earlier post of mine on the topic?

ISP's don't record all traffic that they carry. The expressly don't want to, because they want to maintain common carrier status to protect themselves from being blamed for anything that might be illegal in the data people send through them.
                The ISP will have records of who sent what and to whom, not the content, quite true, there is your metadata.
                If I, Hillary Clinton or anybody else sets up a mail server and sends mail through that, the ISP doesn't even see it as email, it's just traffic as far as they're concerned. Sure, if you are sending through the ISP's mail servers, as most home users do, sure, they may very well have copies. But that doesn't apply if you're running your own private mail server.
                The receiver of the emails -will- have copies, as will their email server. Unless whomever receiving her emails at a .GOV address has the power to hard delete stuff off their (gov) data banks, it really does not matter what Hillary deletes as it is only one copy of at least 3 and leaves the digital "paper trail" intact.
                If they -really- wanted to find these emails, they would have.
                If you are talking about stuff sent to 3rd parties from her server, getting the content might be problematic, yes, but the "paper trail" still exists which would give investigators somewhere to start looking.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Schwarzenegger, the perfect immigrant

Happy independence day to all Americans!

Comment

Anything that doesn't fit in your agenda is bad -- so perhaps look at the links I posted which lead to the different departments of education and educate yourself about the system.
                    Do you really believe they're going to publish the truth of what's going on and what they're up to on their web sites?
                    If so, I have these bridges and some swampland in Florida I've been try to sell...

Comment

Wikileaks releases more Clinton emails.. http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/0...on-war-emails/
                      WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has previously stated that he has multiple leaks in store for Clinton and, as a free speech fundamentalist, believes that a Clinton presidency could be damaging.
                      Assange is a true hero, unlike that snake Snowden (not sure if you have seen his tweets, but he is clueless)..

Comment

Originally posted by Nirude View Post
                        Wikileaks releases more Clinton emails.. http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/0...on-war-emails/

Assange is a true hero, unlike that snake Snowden (not sure if you have seen his tweets, but he is clueless)..
                        I wouldn't go so far to say he's a true hero, but he is at least more of one than Snowden..

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                          As I've said multiple times here, UK does not = England. If you mean England, then say England.
                          We have a completely different education system in Scotland.
                          The problem is that in Dutch England and the UK are used interchangeably. I shall try remember to keep the two apart.

Do you really believe they're going to publish the truth of what's going on and what they're up to on their web sites?
                          If so, I have these bridges and some swampland in Florida I've been try to sell...
                          You are more paranoid than I thought.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You are more paranoid than I thought.
                            Thing is, it's not paranoia if they are really after you... You can read the article regarding Washington state schools.. There are numerous other examples if you want to look for them.

And of course, I could always retort with: If you believe their sites, you are more naive than I thought.
                            Although, to be fair, it may simply be that you've never encountered stuff like this in Belgium, so you find it hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              The receiver of the emails -will- have copies, as will their email server. Unless whomever receiving her emails at a .GOV address has the power to hard delete stuff off their (gov) data banks, it really does not matter what Hillary deletes as it is only one copy of at least 3 and leaves the digital "paper trail" intact.
                              If they -really- wanted to find these emails, they would have.
                              If you are talking about stuff sent to 3rd parties from her server, getting the content might be problematic, yes, but the "paper trail" still exists which would give investigators somewhere to start looking.
                              But, then again, the agencies involved might be defying court orders to turn over such records..

State Department under fire for Clinton-related records delays

Even the judge is publicly wondering if it's a big stall tactic to delay the release until after the election.

WASHINGTON – Just five months before the presidential election, the State Department is under fire in courtrooms over its delays in turning over government files related to Hillary Clinton's tenure as secretary of state.

In one case, the agency warned it needed a 27-month delay, until October 2018, to turn over emails from Clinton's former aides, and the judge in another case, a lawsuit by The Associated Press, wondered aloud whether the State Department might be deliberately delaying until after the election.

"We're now reaching a point where there's mounting frustration that this is a project where the State Department may be running out the clock," said U.S. District Court Judge Richard J. Leon. The judge said he was considering imposing penalties on the agency if it failed to meet the next set of deadlines he orders. Leon wondered aloud at one point whether he might impose penalties for again failing to deliver records on time. He mused about "a fine on a daily basis" or "incarceration."
                              One can only hope he will toss some heads into the clink. And not a country club white collar prison, either.

Sure, Trump has his problems. But back-room deals in 2008 aside, I can't understand why the Democrats support her.

Comment

But, then again, the agencies involved might be defying court orders to turn over such records..

State Department under fire for Clinton-related records delays

Even the judge is publicly wondering if it's a big stall tactic to delay the release until after the election.
                                Have you ever noticed that when it comes to Hillary, there is always "another investigation" (9 for Benghazi, costing you taxpayers in the scope of 60 odd million so far), or "another excuse" or "no, we were misinformed, forget the year of bad press, we have the goods on this round of bad press"

This -whole- line of back and forth started with a basic question, what is a server. Not because I did not know, but because the General Public were being told "it's a bad thing" and they were basing their view on that. "Hillary lies because she has a private server", and G.P. has no basic idea WTF it is talking about, but Hannity and Megyn said it was bad (let alone Billy Boy), so ITS BAD!!
                                Benghazi, BAD!!!
                                Oh, sorry, no proof, no nothing after 9 investigations beyond "yeah, well that was a bit dodgy", but lets slaughter her anyway!!
                                Your news is fed to you in packets of well disguised propaganda, and the difference between the left and the right on this is really simple. The left -KNOWS- it is being fed a certain level of bullcrap, it expects it and accounts for it. The right however, thinks the mouse crap pellets on it's news are "important seasoning".
                                One can only hope he will toss some heads into the clink. And not a country club white collar prison, either.

Sure, Trump has his problems. But back-room deals in 2008 aside, I can't understand why the Democrats support her.
                                What the nine blazes of hell does this have to do with -anything-?

I bought a new Trampoline that can vault my kids over Trumps wall (#makeamericabounceagain), so he is a liar and a failure, I don't know how people could vote for him
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X