Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Israeli Channel 10 has quoted Western intelligence officials saying that ISIS and Al-Qaeda are trying to create a sustained campaign of non-stop terrorism this summer, encouraging "lone wolf" attacks and trying to orchestrate more complex organized ones. It is possible that they will attempt to attack Israel from the Sinai peninsula, which already happened a few times before.
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

And while everyone in the U.S. was distracted by the activity of the SCOTUS this week, Congress gave our sorry excuse for a president the fast track authority he and the Republicans wanted in order to continue the decimation of the U.S. middle class that began with the *AFTA agreements in the 1980's and 90's.

That is the real news of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
        Israeli Channel 10 has quoted Western intelligence officials saying that ISIS and Al-Qaeda are trying to create a sustained campaign of non-stop terrorism this summer, encouraging "lone wolf" attacks and trying to orchestrate more complex organized ones. It is possible that they will attempt to attack Israel from the Sinai peninsula, which already happened a few times before.
        And apparently one of ISIS' headhoncho's also announced that they should use the Ramadan to cause death and destruction to the non-believers.

My response to that particular bit of news was as follows: "I don't know a single muslim who doesn't do his/her very best to complete the ramadan period. To do good in that period - to fast to the best of their abilities. And if they can't, give to the poor. So, you are not a muslim if you use the ramadan to cause death and destruction. You probably don't even know the true meaning of Islam. You're just a butcher and should be erased from memory."
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          And while everyone in the U.S. was distracted by the activity of the SCOTUS this week, Congress gave our sorry excuse for a president the fast track authority he and the Republicans wanted in order to continue the decimation of the U.S. middle class that began with the *AFTA agreements in the 1980's and 90's.

That's politics. "look over here" while they do what they really want over there.
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I thought Israel would give ISIS a real hiding if they attacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              I thought Israel would give ISIS a real hiding if they attacked.
              It surely wouldn't be ISIS' best day... so I'm of the idea they might not actually all out attack. I think they will resort to guerilla fighting, and drop some (un)expected bombs near the border. They'd have to be really stupid to launch a full on attack on Israel. They are probably not that stupid... at least the headhoncho's aren't. The cannonfodder on the other hand... who knows, they might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                To do good in that period
                that is subject to interpretation
                (do holy wars count?)

Comment

History has been made

The supreme court of the USA has just voted in that all 50 states that marriage is for EVERYONE....

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/27/us...-marriage.html
                  Which i found hypocritical. When the Scotus ruled against the Defense of Marriage act (DOMA) in their decision the judges said it was done cause Marriage is not something the federal govt can dictate or decide. It is a state issue.

So how can they now say "it is a federal decision, and all states must adhere to it"?

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post

I have spent quite a bit of time on the GOPUSA site, commenting about how i feel betrayed by the Republicans in Name only (Or Rinos for short) that have let all of us down, after we gave them a majority, cause we wanted them to start standing up to obama, but have not done so.

As to the attacks. I am getting sick of politicians and media pundits calling them radicals, when it seems from all i have read on the koran, that these 'radicals' are the only ones actually following its teachings.

I was also irked that during the 6+ hrs of continual coverage of the SCOUTS decision/funeral in Charleston, i sat through from 10.30am all the way past 3.30 pm when i left to do some OJT, that Obama found the time to not only make a public address 'Praising the decision of the court, but to make a phone call to one OF the plaintiffs in it, THEN fly down for the Funeral where he spoke.
                  BUT I didn't here even one comment from him on those 3 terror attacks.

Comment

The worst thing of all, I'm already seeing op-eds from the usual suspects (the so-called "realists" whose policy ideas Obama attempted to implement with such disastrous results) suggesting that the Islamic State cannot be defeated, and therefore it should be contained and, eventually, negotiated with and integrated into global politics.

ISIS, like a cockroach, lives in the cracks of the broken modern world. It owes its success to the global crisis of nation-state as a form of social organization (I've touched on that before), and it's difficult to defeat because it plays without rules and exploits the hell out of the self-imposed limits which paralyze modern states and their militaries. Things will have to get much worse than most people realize before they start getting better. A lot of feel-good humanitarian ideas will need to be abandoned to put out that fire.
                    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

ISIS IS A BUG!!!!

Guess what bugs get killed so why shouldn't they be killed?

I wonder if this guy will make good on his promise.. Strong words

http://www.hngn.com/articles/103690/...y-marriage.htm

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                        that is subject to interpretation
                        (do holy wars count?)
                        I wouldn't consider ISIS' fight a holy war... They kill everyone, muslims, christians, jezidis, ... anyone that doesn't follow in the footsteps of their version of Islam. And like I said before, I doubt they even know what that is. They rape, kill, slaughter, hate on people, behead, burn, drown people, reinstated slavery...

The sooner those vile bugs get crushed, the better.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Which i found hypocritical. When the Scotus ruled against the Defense of Marriage act (DOMA) in their decision the judges said it was done cause Marriage is not something the federal govt can dictate or decide. It is a state issue.

So how can they now say "it is a federal decision, and all states must adhere to it"?
                        Because this was a differen't ruling perhaps... It concerned two different cases.

Besides, will your life change now that everyone can get married?

As to the attacks. I am getting sick of politicians and media pundits calling them radicals, when it seems from all i have read on the koran, that these 'radicals' are the only ones actually following its teachings.
                        Yes, because killing, slaughtering, reinstating slavery, crucifying, drowning, burning, beheading, stripping people of their rights, ... going backwards in time to about the 12th century perhaps but with machine guns instead of swords.

Also, you may want to check again or try reading your Quran again - if you ever read it in the first place that is.

They kill muslims - which goes against everything the Quran stands for.

Islam on slavery cause ISIS likes to say it's okay: "What Islamic law says about slavery?"

ISIS IS A BUG!!!!
                        Guess what bugs get killed so why shouldn't they be killed?
                        They do get killed, just not fast enough.

I wonder if this guy will make good on his promise.. Strong words

http://www.hngn.com/articles/103690/...y-marriage.htm
                        Maybe he should rethink his words and make a symbolic fire. Or possibly have his head checked.

Comment

Maybe he should rethink his words and make a symbolic fire. Or possibly have his head checked.
                          See that is what bugs me with people like this man. Why would any sane person make such a foolish public statement, that if they don't get their way they will set themselves on fire when we know they won't?

What's the point of a foolish public statement like that that has no value?

Comment

See that is what bugs me with people like this man. Why would any sane person make such a foolish public statement, that if they don't get their way they will set themselves on fire when we know they won't?

What's the point of a foolish public statement like that that has no value?
                            Why do children make a scene in a store when they don't get what they want?

Comment

They kill muslims - which goes against everything the Quran stands for.
                              An apostate (a Muslim who denies one of the fundamental tenets of the creed) is punishable by death, is what the Qur'an says.

"An Apostate will be suppressed three days in prison in order that he may repent ..... otherwise, he should be killed, because he has changed his true religion, therefore, there is no use from his living, regardless of being a man or a woman, as Mohammed said: "Whoever changes his religion, kill him"

Apostasy is punishable by death under the criminal code of the majority of Muslim states.

Those women being stoned for adultery are usually Muslim, too.

In other news, Tunisia is responding to the terrorist attacks by shutting down 80 mosques for incitement. Try that in Europe.
                              Last edited by Womble; 27 June 2015, 04:10 AM.

Comment

The SCOTUS has been talking out of its arse and ignoring the Constitution for a while now.
                                The decision this week was a mistake in my opinion. It is in direct conflict with freedom of religion. It won't be long before churches and others who oppose gay marriage due to their beliefs will be forced to perform such services by force of government. I can also imagine a preacher/priest/etc. speaking to his congregation from the bible, teaching what is in the bible regarding homosexuality and being brought up on hate speech charges for doing so. Would such a church lose its tax exempt status? What about the rights of people to worship as they believe? They have opened up a can of worms here, and I highly doubt this issue is settled. Not by a long shot.

I have spent quite a bit of time on the GOPUSA site, commenting about how i feel betrayed by the Republicans in Name only (Or Rinos for short) that have let all of us down, after we gave them a majority, cause we wanted them to start standing up to obama, but have not done so.
                                The Republican party on a national level doesn't oppose the LSoS (Lying Sack of Shiznit) because in truth, they advocate the same path that he and the Democrats are leading us down, with big government, loss of individual rights, disregard for the Constitution and so on. In addition, they have completely sold out to their big business backers rather than looking out for the interests of the U.S. This has been painfully obvious for years now.

The only group on the national stage which still speaks for the common working stiff in this country is not even a real party; the Tea Party. Sadly, they don't have and never will have a fraction of the resources required to unseat the Republicans on a national level. Sure they made alot of noise over the past 5-6 years, but have they really been able to affect the course of public policy? Or even the policies that the Republicans attempt to carry out? Slightly, if that. In reality, they are simply causing some of the Republicans to make noises they want to hear, while not actually doing anything that they want to do.

So, Bohener and his crowd of RINOS in both the house and the senate will continue to side with the administration, betraying the interests of those who put them in charge of Congress to begin with. They will likely lose that support and Congress in 2016, and the White House will likely go to Hillary then, too, because the Republicans will throw up another RINO as their candidate that fails to energize the voter base on the right.

Hush now, don't you know it's impolite to criticize "the religion of peace" in public? It's just not done in polite company. You wouldn't want the media outlets to lose their stamp of political correctness, would you?

I was also irked that during the 6+ hrs of continual coverage of the SCOUTS decision/funeral in Charleston, i sat through from 10.30am all the way past 3.30 pm when i left to do some OJT, that Obama found the time to not only make a public address 'Praising the decision of the court, but to make a phone call to one OF the plaintiffs in it, THEN fly down for the Funeral where he spoke.
                                BUT I didn't here even one comment from him on those 3 terror attacks.
                                Of course you didn't. It wouldn't fit the narrative and agenda.

Comment

Working...
                                X