This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Did you say something, I was texting on the way to pick up the kid from school........................
    Bwwhawhwhawhwhwhawhwhwhawhwha
    Posting at.............
    http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Graybrew1 View Post
      You were a good kid. Many don't listen. They get curious and they assume nothing really bad will ever happen to them. They take it out to look at and either hurt or kill themselves or their friends that talked them into pulling it out to begin with. It happens over and over and over again. It is dangerous to text and drive too, you know how many of them still do it, no matter how many times they are told not to or how dangerous it is?
      Yes I know. And at the risk of sounding callous I don't really care. Sure I care about the tragedy and will grieve and be in shock but when it comes to my right to defend myself and my family, hopefulyl one day, from harm, nothing can interfere with that. Or at the least nothing should in this case interefere with that. Now yes if someone were responsible they should probably keep the gun and the bulelts FAR apart from eachother and it is what I might even do for my family. But I am not going to begruge someone else for excercising their right in a different fashion.

....besides we all know that this is the reason why guns should be legal for private ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
        I did.
        You are one person.
        sigpic

Comment

That is a matter of choice. If you have kids in your house, it is the only responsible way.

That has been a point of contention for many, but only you can make their choice if you want one in your house. Make sure they are near each other and the locks are easy for you to access and open would be a suggestion.
          still takes time to load bullets....time in which the intruder can find you, point his already loaded gun at you and make you into yesterday's news....at most if I had kids around I'd put it in a drawer of a nightstand next to my bed that locks....that way all it would take is one second for me to unlock the drawer...get my own loaded gun out and go about my natural duty as man of the house to defend me and mine

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
            You are one person.
            Indeed, and if there is one there are likely many.

Comment

Yes I know. And at the risk of sounding callous I don't really care. Sure I care about the tragedy and will grieve and be in shock but when it comes to my right to defend myself and my family, hopefulyl one day, from harm, nothing can interfere with that. Or at the least nothing should in this case interefere with that. Now yes if someone were responsible they should probably keep the gun and the bulelts FAR apart from eachother and it is what I might even do for my family. But I am not going to begruge someone else for excercising their right in a different fashion.

....besides we all know that this is the reason why guns should be legal for private ownership.
              I am not arguing that it will be your right in your house with your gun to decide how you wish to do that. I have said this has been a point of contention for gun owners for years. One of my good friends refused to take off his gun, ever. I had to decide to allow him in my home or not. He kept it on his person fully loaded everytime. An agreement was made that he could do so as long as he never had more than two drinks with it with him. That was a personal decision I needed to make for myself as well.
              Posting at.............

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                still takes time to load bullets....time in which the intruder can find you, point his already loaded gun at you and make you into yesterday's news....at most if I had kids around I'd put it in a drawer of a nightstand next to my bed that locks....that way all it would take is one second for me to unlock the drawer...get my own loaded gun out and go about my natural duty as man of the house to defend me and mine
                Do you have a kid?
                Posting at.............

Comment

Let my try to explain this in a way you should understand.
                  Being a parent is in many ways like "finding god", there is VERY little you will not do or consider doing to defend your child.

Recently we have had a rash of "Drive by" shootings in western Sydeney, one of those rounds came within literally an INCH of striking a baby, and it would have killed them outright. Now, before you say "that was a bad guy though", what if a person defending thier home dischaged a weapon, say in an apartment complex and killed the baby next door? Are they *legally* let off the hook because they were defending thier home?
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I am not arguing that it will be your right in your house with your gun to decide how you wish to do that. I have said this has been a point of contention for gun owners for years. One of my good friends refused to take off his gun, ever. I had to decide to allow him in my home or not. He kept it on his person fully loaded everytime. An agreement was made that he could do so as long as he never had more than two drinks with it with him. That was a personal decision I needed to make for myself as well.
                    Yep good on you...was the man named Rayland Givvens by any chance?

Comment

Do you have a kid?
                      no but I plan to

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        Let my try to explain this in a way you should understand.
                        Being a parent is in many ways like "finding god", there is VERY little you will not do or consider doing to defend your child.

Recently we have had a rash of "Drive by" shootings in western Sydeney, one of those rounds came within literally an INCH of striking a baby, and it would have killed them outright. Now, before you say "that was a bad guy though", what if a person defending thier home dischaged a weapon, say in an apartment complex and killed the baby next door? Are they *legally* let off the hook because they were defending thier home?
                        ...yes...probably. Though not really being familiar with the intricacies of Australian Law I am uncertain as to the exact legal framwork.

Comment

Indeed, and if there is one there are likely many.
                          Many yes, but not all. That is not a chance I would not be willing to gamble with a child's life with.
                          Posting at.............

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                            no but I plan to
                            When you do, you might change your mind. As I said before, that will be your personal decision to do so.
                            Posting at.............

Comment

Yep good on you...was the man named Rayland Givvens by any chance?
                              Teh heh.
                              Good God, I wish.
                              Posting at.............

Comment

Many yes, but not all. That is not a chance I would be willing to gamble with a child's life for.
                                Cool. I get it and I think I would have to way the pros and cons of common sense self defense versus Common Sense my kid might be an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                X