This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Everyone knows the American Revolution was fought for our right to not drink tea
    Oh come on, everyone knows it was just a cry for attention.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
      I meant if they go and intentionally spoil their ballot.
      you mean like write in somebody who's probably not even running or voting for the 3rd party that hasn't got a prayer of winning?

intentionally wasting your vote is no good either, even if you think neither of the major party candidates is particularly that great on the issues, but my take is that if both major party candidates have an unpalatable position on some of the issues then you vote for the one who you think has the least number of unpalatable positions....i.e., lesser of 2 evils

if you intentionally waste your vote then what might happen is that your wasting your vote might allow the greater of the 2 evils to be selected

so yeah if someone intentionally wastes their vote I would say they can't complain...they chose to waste their vote after all

Comment

many's the time I've been tempted to write in Alan Keyes on the ballot....the non-Marxist black guy....

Comment

So if only two candidates have any real chance of winning, you have to vote for one of those two even if you don't agree with any of the two, otherwise you don't have a right to complain?
          My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
            you mean like write in somebody who's probably not even running or voting for the 3rd party that hasn't got a prayer of winning?
            Just in your country. Ha.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

intentionally wasting your vote is no good either, even if you think neither of the major party candidates is particularly that great on the issues, but my take is that if both major party candidates have an unpalatable position on some of the issues then you vote for the one who you think has the least number of unpalatable positions....i.e., lesser of 2 evils

if you intentionally waste your vote then what might happen is that your wasting your vote might allow the greater of the 2 evils to be selected

so yeah if someone intentionally wastes their vote I would say they can't complain...they chose to waste their vote after all
              So, Politicians have the right to "sell" thier somewhat questionable morals, or enforce thier morals by fiat, yet the people they are supposed to "represent" have to bend thiers?!?!?
              I see something wrong with this picture.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                So, Politicians have the right to "sell" thier somewhat questionable morals, or enforce thier morals by fiat, yet the people they are supposed to "represent" have to bend thiers?!?!?
                I see something wrong with this picture.
                you can waste your vote if you want all I'm saying is that doing so is a risky endeavor as it may allow the greater of the 2 evils to take the office in question....really it is a game of damage control anyway....no candidate we've ever had was 100% correct on all the issues so we tend to vote for the one who we think will do the least amount of damage

Comment

you can waste your vote if you want all I'm saying is that doing so is a risky endeavor as it may allow the greater of the 2 evils to take the office in question....really it is a game of damage control anyway....no candidate we've ever had was 100% correct on all the issues so we tend to vote for the one who we think will do the least amount of damage
                  I'm not talking about wasting your vote here MG mate, I'm talking about people who will willingly sell you out for a big enough contribution to thier campaign funds. Also I very much doubbt that people actually do vote for who would be the "lesser of two evils", merely the candidate that has the most in line with thier own idiology. Would you vote for a liberal candidate if they could get the US economy back to strength at the cost of some decisions you may consider morally questionable?
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I'm not talking about wasting your vote here MG mate, I'm talking about people who will willingly sell you out for a big enough contribution to thier campaign funds. Also I very much doubbt that people actually do vote for who would be the "lesser of two evils", merely the candidate that has the most in line with thier own idiology. Would you vote for a liberal candidate if they could get the US economy back to strength at the cost of some decisions you may consider morally questionable?
                    nope.....not to mention that the strongest economies usually tend to be found in societies with a strong moral foundation so I would argue that any attempt to weaken our moral foundation would also weaken our economy

Comment

not to mention that the strongest economies usually tend to be found in societies with a strong moral foundation

Comment

Would you vote for a liberal candidate if they could get the US economy back to strength at the cost of some decisions you may consider morally questionable?
                        What would some of the questionable moral decisions be?
                        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                          What would some of the questionable moral decisions be?
                          Free healthcare, thinking...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                            Free healthcare, thinking...
                            COMMUNIST NAZI!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                              COMMUNIST NAZI!
                              Well, my secrets out. Thanks alot LOS.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                                Well, my secrets out. Thanks alot LOS.
                                Ukko's out of the closet.

*smirk*

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X