Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new subject.....this Japanese whaling vessel that's currently terrorizing Australian waterways....and now the crew of this vessel has taken some Aussie citizens prisoner....now if this vessel actually happens to be inside the sovereign waterways of Australia....setting aside the environmental debate about whaling for a minute......I would say that since I presume they've been given a chance to leave peacefully and further presume that the Japs have ignored such a plea and chosen to commit an injustice against Australian citizenry...that the next proportionate response would be to extract the citizens being held captive by the crew of the vessel and then get the Aussie navy's best battleship to come and make kindling out of this whaling vessel

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      new subject.....this Japanese whaling vessel that's currently terrorizing Australian waterways....and now the crew of this vessel has taken some Aussie citizens prisoner....now if this vessel actually happens to be inside the sovereign waterways of Australia....setting aside the environmental debate about whaling for a minute......I would say that since I presume they've been given a chance to leave peacefully and further presume that the Japs have ignored such a plea and chosen to commit an injustice against Australian citizenry...that the next proportionate response would be to extract the citizens being held captive by the crew of the vessel and then get the Aussie navy's best battleship to come and make kindling out of this whaling vessel
      You would think that, but thats not will happen.
      More like than not, both parties probably "exended themselves" a little (snort) above and beyond what they are legally allowed to do, so legally there will be "fault" on both sides. As such there will be reviews of information, statements from both sides etc in order to determine "what happened".
      We generally try to avoid "international incidents" without proof ya know
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Don't call them Japs. It's not 1941.
        My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
          There is nothing wrong with the word "Japs", just intent behind it's usage. It's no different to saying the Aussies or the Brits.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
            There is nothing wrong with the word "Japs", just intent behind it's usage. It's no different to saying the Aussies or the Brits.
            However, "Aussies" and "Brits" were, to my knowledge, never used as a derogatory terms. But you are correct about the intent. Words aren't inherently good or bad...its how they are used that makes them good or bad.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              Except that there is. It's always been used as a derogatory term, and even more so after WWII. "Aussies" or "Brits" aren't used as offensive words.

Comment

Except that there is. It's always been used as a derogatory term, and even more so after WWII. "Aussies" or "Brits" aren't used as offensive words.
                well from the look of things the Japanese, and I won't apologize for this nickname, are fixin' to start another world war or at least one with Australia except it looks like the Australian government is just rolling over and playing dead instead of giving the Japanese on this whaling vessel their just desserts

Comment

no it's not...it's the 2011 remake of 1941.....for the Aussies at least anyway and that's provided that the Aussie government can grow a set and deal with these Japanese whalers the way people who don't respond to peaceful requests to leave need to be dealt with

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    no it's not...it's the 2011 remake of 1941.....for the Aussies at least anyway and that's provided that the Aussie government can grow a set and deal with these Japanese whalers the way people who don't respond to peaceful requests to leave need to be dealt with
                    Japanese whalers = Pearl Harbour. Got it.

Comment

Japanese whalers = Pearl Harbour. Got it.
                      While I agree that the whalers need to get out of Australian waters...I don't see the equation here. The whalers are invading Australian waters...not killing people and destroying property. I do wonder why the Australians aren't doing anything other than peacefully asking them to leave?
                      sigpic

Comment

Maybe we should get some facts straight here:

1. The three Australian citizens who are currently held aboard the Japanese boat snuck aboard the Japanese boat, by climbing over fences and cutting razor wires. In other words, they broke into the boat.
                        2. The three men are uninjured and safe.
                        3. According to the Japanese, the Japanese boat was 40 km away from the Australian coast when the three men illegally boarded the boat. That means it occurred in international waters.

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-01-0...from-s/3763002

Comment

**** I'd forgotten the japs were one o the few who still hadn't signed the whaling ban

Comment

Seriously, people, stop calling them Japs.

Comment

Maybe we should get some facts straight here:

1. The three Australian citizens who are currently held aboard the Japanese boat snuck aboard the Japanese boat, by climbing over fences and cutting razor wires. In other words, they broke into the boat.
                              2. The three men are uninjured and safe.
                              3. According to the Japanese, the Japanese boat was 40 km away from the Australian coast when the three men illegally boarded the boat. That means it occurred in international waters.

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-01-0...from-s/3763002
                              Ok...but I still don't see the WWII equation here.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                                Ok...but I still don't see the WWII equation here.
                                This is what MG said: "no it's not...it's the 2011 remake of 1941.....for the Aussies at least anyway and that's provided that the Aussie government can grow a set and deal with these Japanese whalers the way people who don't respond to peaceful requests to leave need to be dealt with"

Mak up your own mind about what he's implying with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X