This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the 3rd gun would be...
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

basically if someone in a Mexican standoff were to start shooting, there would be 2 death

you have person A, person B, and person C all pointing guns at each other....say person A decides he's gonna try his luck and shoot person B.....person B is now dead....but while person A is distracted shooting person B that gives person C the chance to shoot person A...person A is now dead....making person C the ultimate victor

this is what makes a Mexican standoff different from duels involving just 2 people...where the first to shoot has the advantage....in a 3-way standoff the second person to shoot has the advantage.....thus in 3-way standoffs no one wants to go first because of the fact that the tactical advantage lies with the second person to start shooting

Comment

The Urban def of the Mexi Stand off is more definable. Its where both sides have gotten themselves in a no win situation. Both sides have got a gun to their head and just waiting to see who pulls the trigger first.

I like those.
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          basically if someone in a Mexican standoff were to start shooting, there would be 2 death

you have person A, person B, and person C all pointing guns at each other....say person A decides he's gonna try his luck and shoot person B.....person B is now dead....but while person A is distracted shooting person B that gives person C the chance to shoot person A...person A is now dead....making person C the ultimate victor

this is what makes a Mexican standoff different from duels involving just 2 people...where the first to shoot has the advantage....in a 3-way standoff the second person to shoot has the advantage.....thus in 3-way standoffs no one wants to go first because of the fact that the tactical advantage lies with the second person to start shooting
          I'm familiar with the concept, I simply fail to see the relevance in this situation. If anything, it's Australia vs. Japan, not Australia vs. Japan vs. China.
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
            The Urban def of the Mexi Stand off is more definable. Its where both sides have gotten themselves in a no win situation. Both sides have got a gun to their head and just waiting to see who pulls the trigger first.

I like those.
            I don't call that a standoff I call it a mutual annihilation waiting to happen....

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
              I'm familiar with the concept, I simply fail to see the relevance in this situation. If anything, it's Australia vs. Japan, not Australia vs. Japan vs. China.
              Australian gov't vs. Japanese vs. boneheaded Australian citizens.....you're right then actually....the boneheads wouldn't contribute much to make it a 3-way battle....cuz if they were brainless enough to do something so boneheaded then I highly doubt their prowess with weaponry of any type....

Comment

I concur...
                sigpic

Comment

An interesting development on this today - the British government is willing to grant the SNP the power to hold a referendum on Scottish independence, but under the conditions that the question must be a straight forward yes or no and that it must be held in the next 18 months.

Interestingly, instead of grasping this chance for independence with both hands, the SNP have been criticising the move saying that it's an attempt by Westminster to somehow interfere with their decision. The reasoning probably being that they know that ultimately most Scots don't actually want to break up the union, and all a referendum can serve to do it weaken their legitimacy as a party. It will be interesting to see if and how they manage to kill the deal that's on the table without losing face.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                    An interesting development on this today - the British government is willing to grant the SNP the power to hold a referendum on Scottish independence, but under the conditions that the question must be a straight forward yes or no and that it must be held in the next 18 months.

Interestingly, instead of grasping this chance for independence with both hands, the SNP have been criticising the move saying that it's an attempt by Westminster to somehow interfere with their decision. The reasoning probably being that they know that ultimately most Scots don't actually want to break up the union, and all a referendum can serve to do it weaken their legitimacy as a party. It will be interesting to see if and how they manage to kill the deal that's on the table without losing face.
                    They'll probably schedule it at the end of the 18 months, spending all of them attempting to rouse the votes.

sigpic

Comment

There is a reason I love American politics. This man is beyond epic.

sigpic

Comment

ROFLMAO...LoS...where on God's green Earth did you did up THAT video!?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          Tosh.0 blog. He is my GOD.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            yeah but it'd be infinitely better if it weren't just a sketch
                            some "politicians" out there really are like that :/

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                              yeah but it'd be infinitely better if it weren't just a sketch
                              some "politicians" out there really are like that :/
                              Oh, he's quite genuine.

sigpic

Comment

Oh, he's quite genuine.
                                whoever really thinks that, surely is on par with him (as in, the role he's playing, not the real him)

seriously...it's just a skit (and it'b be hard for him to slap it any thicker)

Comment

Working...
                                X