This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
    The Government are the people elected by the people to represent their interests to the Crown, uphold common law and appoint trusted people to enforce that law.
    That's a utopia. It never is the way it should be.

If the Government had my health as a priority, they'd have banned **** and cars 50 years ago.
    It's not about banning, it's about changing what those cars run on. Banning cars is ridiculous, although I wouldn't mind going back to horse and carriage for short trips.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    How many "green" jobs are there that pay their own way, earning their way in the marketplace, without government funding?
    It's not "green" jobs I was referring to. Technology moves forward -- al lot of jobs which are in existence today will be obsolete in 5-10-15-20 years from now. If your industry does not evolve along, you're going to stay behind for one, but new jobs cannot be created to fill those old jobs.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Ann Coulter for President
      I hope you're kidding. She's one twisted b**ch.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        Actually, I found that only 7 states -require- it's addition, and NY was not one of them.
        One source: http://www.greencarreports.com/news/...uire-e10-blend
        I must (happily) admit you're right on this one. They must have changed the law within the past year or two, 'cause a few years back, Hess was the last holdout to sell ethanol free gas, and they stopped, saying that the state banned it.

I'm glad you spurred me to recheck the issue. Several pieces of power equipment and a 25 year old used boat I recently bought thank you. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          That's a utopia. It never is the way it should be.
          Perhaps we need a revolution to remind those elected officials of just that, election to Parliament is an honour, not a career.

We're on an Election blacklist cos of my uncomfortable questions, candidates look at our number, look in their book and carry on walking, there hasn't been one brave enough to knock for over a decade now.

It's not about banning, it's about changing what those cars run on. Banning cars is ridiculous, although I wouldn't mind going back to horse and carriage for short trips.
          What were you saying about a utopian belief? LOL could you imagine the social and economical meltdown if we did go back to horse and carriage?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            Yeah..............

Hmm, Bill got a blowjob and lied about it.

George started a war and lied about it, AND cost you the taxpayer around 10 TRILLION dollars. (oh, and cut the guts out of your civil liberties and rights)

The "LSOS", dragged you economy out of a free fall, actually -got- the guy George was looking for, repaired a lot of the damage done by George on the international stage with your allies, has maintained economic growth and stability, and actually has an approval, rather than disapproval rating.
            My suspicion that you don't live in the same universe as the rest of us has just been spectacularly confirmed.

Last I checked, US economy was still in the same free fall as before. Bin Laden was taken out by someone other than Obama who never served on a SEAL team or planned a military operation (him watching things unfold from the White House does not mean he gets the credit for them), not to mention that the years of intelligence gathering (not done by Obama) that led to that moment were not all under his Presidential term.

The talk of repairing damage on the international stage is laugh-worthy; Obama has managed to alienate every single American ally while making no new ones. Well, except Iran and Cuba which milked him for all he was worth. Let me remind you that a whole lot of countries signed up for both Afghanistan and Iran war under US leadership, but no one backed Obama on any of his military undertakings - with the exception of Libya into which he was dragged kicking and screaming by the Europeans. Bush seems to have been a much more popular guy when it came to actually recruiting for action.

And Obama's approval rating is owed mostly to that legendary echo chamber his advisors boast about. You know, exploiting 27 year old reporters who know nothing, whose sole experience consists of being around political campaigns and who work for news agencies which do not keep foreign bureaus, instead calling the White House to explain to them what's happening in Moscow, Cairo or Washington. (All direct quotes from Ben Rhodes and his assistant Ned Price).
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

If you really think so, check out the EU regulations and permits required to keep a horse.
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Perhaps we need a revolution to remind those elected officials of just that, election to Parliament is an honour, not a career.

We're on an Election blacklist cos of my uncomfortable questions, candidates look at our number, look in their book and carry on walking, there hasn't been one brave enough to knock for over a decade now.

What were you saying about a utopian belief? LOL could you imagine the social and economical meltdown if we did go back to horse and carriage?
                We on the right in the US might just get that revolution, in the form of Trump. The Dems have someone who will incite one on their side, too, but unlike Trump, Sanders doesn't have the resources to buck the will of the national party, so they can ignore him.

And who might I ask is going to clean up after the horse drawn wagons? The enviros? Wouldn't that be sweet justice indeed!

Comment

The French Revolution comes to mind for some reason. One bloody mess that was though. Heads rolled.

Hence why I said I wouldn't mind -- I sincerely doubt anyone else shares my view on that.

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                  If you really think so, check out the EU regulations and permits required to keep a horse.
                  I don't need to look -- I know. Also, I have no desire to keep a horse, not now or in the future. Always thought they were great animals until Cupid got scared of some snow sliding down the roof and I hit the wall... can't remember much after that really.

And who might I ask is going to clean up after the horse drawn wagons? The enviros? Wouldn't that be sweet justice indeed!
                  They clean up after themselves.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The French Revolution comes to mind for some reason. One bloody mess that was though. Heads rolled.
                    especially since it didn't really achieve much. lol (the frogs essentially replaced one ruling elite with another & the commoners were no better off)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                      especially since it didn't really achieve much. lol (the frogs essentially replaced one ruling elite with another & the commoners were no better off)
                      Haven't I said several times that that's the way it always works out?

Comment

Haven't I said several times that that's the way it always works out?
                        yes but only in submissive cultures (french american etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          It's funny how a lot of these conservatives seem to have this love affair with coal and dirty fossil fuels. probably because they or their mates have shares or money invested in those sort of companies..
                          Strange. I am conservative and i certainly don't have a love affair with fossil fuels/coal..

It's not the car -- the car would then be the tool and the one driving it would also be the tool.
                          And that's how it should be. However it seems when it comes to guns, the left especially likes Going after the TOOL, rather than those using it wrongly.

Heck, some states are looking to not only make you register your guns but do the same when you buy AMMO (CA)..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Strange. I am conservative and i certainly don't have a love affair with fossil fuels/coal..

And that's how it should be. However it seems when it comes to guns, the left especially likes Going after the TOOL, rather than those using it wrongly.

Heck, some states are looking to not only make you register your guns but do the same when you buy AMMO (CA)..
                            Well, if you were running the government of California, would you want your victims er.. citizens armed?

Comment

Would he make a good alternative to Trump and Clinton?
                              the Libertarian party is pretty crazy...I mean striping on stage to make a point crazy. They actually did that btw. Its members are all ideologically pure libertarians, which are always a little nuts. But not the scary "We gonna kill you" nuts or "free stuff" nuts. Just the "We want freedom at all costs" crazy which given the crazy on the left and the right here...we can use some of that libertarian craziness.

But Johnson is a moderate (oddly enough). Here's his views on a lot of things http://www.ontheissues.org/Gary_Johnson.htm

His views on abortion and gay marriage are right up your alley. Not a fan of federal programs for entitlements, but likes it when the states do it...so no obamacare. Completely against American military involvement in other countries and torture. As for crime, he believes people are over policed and wants to do away with a lot of laws that he blames for overcrowded jails. For immigration, like many Libertarians, he is in favor of immigration and making it easier (with background checks) for people to come to the US to work.

Economy, in favor of Lassiez-Faire economics and complete free trade. Just like Adam Smith. He is also in favor of separation of church and state, but also school vouchers that include church schools.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

socially the bloke seems good (economically is another matter though at least he does favour some measure of environmental protection. he also opposes corporate welfare - the bad kind of welfare - and that's good)

but what does immigration policy have to do with libertarianism?

you can very well have a highly libertarian state that completely locks its borders to foreigners (no freedoms infringed within the nation's territory, outsiders' freedoms aren't infringed either since their freedoms hinge on the laws of the country they're currently in, not the country they're trying to get in)

you can just as easily have an ultra-authoritarian state that allows unrestricted immigration (of course both citizens & immigrants will be heavily oppressed so question is why would anyone emigrate there unless they're seriously masochistic, but that's irrelevant)

Comment

Working...
                                X