This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grr... double post, sorry.
    Last edited by Galileo_Galilee; 28 April 2011, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
      Because it is Constitutionally mandated. Though as Galileo pointed out I do not think the specific ways of determining that is very very important but the Constitution does say that someone needs to be born here, or be born to American Citizens at the least, to be eligible to be President. It is a rather important issue to be brought up.

Good one.

I am curious what media preassure you are talking about? The Liberal Media thinks that this is stupid, and a large majority of the Conservative media thinks that this is stupid. Unless you are talking about Oprah, but I am sure she is a rascist, right?

Me thinks that there is something else that motivated Obama to do this>
      I am curious what media pressure you are talking about?
      Part of it was because of Chris Mathews, then came the statement about Abercrombie not being able to produce the certificate, then came Trump and the press paying a lot of attention to him. Regardless of what is being said, sometimes just paying a lot of attention to nonsense puts pressure on people, so much so that they'll eventually have to address it in some way shape or form.

And yes, I agree it is an important issue to be brought up. But it's one thing to bring it up for discussion and another thin entirely to keep harping on it and insisting it must be true no matter what.

And when it's proven one way or the other, it should just be dropped, or if he was actually proven to not be a citizen, he should've been removed from office.

But, it's been debunked years ago that he actually is a citizen born in Hawaii so the matter should just be dropped and let to go to other important issues, such as the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
        But why did the question of Obama's nationality even come up in the first place?
        Because he is black and has a "Muslim" sounding name. People came up with delusions about his history because they couldn't deal with him being president.

Comment

Because it is Constitutionally mandated. Though as Galileo pointed out I do not think the specific ways of determining that is very very important but the Constitution does say that someone needs to be born here, or be born to American Citizens at the least, to be eligible to be President. It is a rather important issue to be brought up.
          Well, obviously, I'm not saying any random non-American should be able to become President. I'm saying that (assuming it gets brought up on the metaphorical application form) I don't see what cause anyone had to publicly question Obama's citizenship, other than some desperate, bull**** smear campaign (with racist connotations).

Anyway, yeah, moving on.

Comment

Well, obviously, I'm not saying any random non-American should be able to become President. I'm saying that (assuming it gets brought up on the metaphorical application form) I don't see what cause anyone had to publicly question Obama's citizenship, other than some desperate, bull**** smear campaign (with racist connotations).

Anyway, yeah, moving on.
            Anyone want to legalize or decriminalize weed? (I figured we could jump to a less heated topic)

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
              Anyone want to legalize or decriminalize weed? (I figured we could jump to a less heated topic)
              Nope.

Next topic.
              sigpic

Comment

for medicinal use...i.e. use it for that I think it's called Marinol stuff that people can take for whatever ailments they usually need something like that for....but don't be growin' it in your own back yard for the purposes of flyin' high......if you need it for medical reasons talk to your doc and have him write a prescription

Comment

No, I don't want to legalize Weed. Especially with some of the retards I've know who were heavy users.

Unless of course I can makes lots of money off of it.

You know, today I saw a tabloid in a store that claimed Obama had a nuclear meltdown over Trump. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Then I realized, this tabloid could be sued for libel. And that also means that with the stuff Trump is now saying about Obama's school records, he too, can be sued for libel. With the evidence to show them wrong, I think Obama has a very good chance of winning.

And personally, if I could I 'd encourage him to sue.

This crap needs to stop.

Comment

Yes definitely. Prohibition is unethical, costly, and worst of all it doesn't even work.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                      Yes definitely. Prohibition is unethical, costly, and worst of all it doesn't even work.
                      Pretty much. The only reason marijuana is illegal now is because the paper companies felt threatened by cheap hemp.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                        Part of it was because of Chris Mathews, then came the statement about Abercrombie not being able to produce the certificate, then came Trump and the press paying a lot of attention to him. Regardless of what is being said, sometimes just paying a lot of attention to nonsense puts pressure on people, so much so that they'll eventually have to address it in some way shape or form.

And yes, I agree it is an important issue to be brought up. But it's one thing to bring it up for discussion and another thin entirely to keep harping on it and insisting it must be true no matter what.

And when it's proven one way or the other, it should just be dropped, or if he was actually proven to not be a citizen, he should've been removed from office.

But, it's been debunked years ago that he actually is a citizen born in Hawaii so the matter should just be dropped and let to go to other important issues, such as the economy.
                        OK I will give you that, and in fact...granted I have not seen the polls myself...but apparently this issue was becoming important, even amongst people who voted for him in the last election.

Agreed

Again Agreed.

And true.

Anyway, yeah, moving on.
                        No rascist conotations about it. In fact it is rascist to assume that you cannot question someone over their skin color. Or rascist, or at the least bigoted, to assume that all of your opposition is something just because they do X. I am sure that is a logical fallacy of some sort but I tend to get those confused....sorry.

You know Naonak sometimes things that might be as obvious to you, are not as obvious to others. I know this quite well when someone can take a rather 'obvious' point of mine, and mis the point entirely, or the other way around for that matter. And you do not see it because the answer has been satisfied in your mind. The answer is not satified in other people's minds, I do not know why this is really...well actually I do.... but if it is not satisfied in people's minds, it should be an issue. Because then the legality of anything he has done can come into question.

But that should be the point, instead of assuming people are rascist, or bigoted, or just out to maliciously smear the President, and instead of painting anyone who is Libertarian, Conservative, you know on the 'right', or his political opponents into the same boat, why not try and understand the issues? And why not move onto the buisness of the country? Which is one of the two reasons I am convinced Obama has done this.

Ah man I was starting to have fun.
                        Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                          Pretty much. The only reason marijuana is illegal now is because the paper companies felt threatened by cheap hemp.
                          that too....basically for medicinal and any other kind of purpose you can think of.....even recreational in your own home as long as you exercise common sense and not get behind the wheel of a car after having "toked up"

though if you plan to make paper out of it you might wanna filter out all the hallucinogens somewhere in the process otherwise you might get school kids getting high off their notebook paper......

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                            that too....basically for medicinal and any other kind of purpose you can think of.....even recreational in your own home as long as you exercise common sense and not get behind the wheel of a car after having "toked up"

though if you plan to make paper out of it you might wanna filter out all the hallucinogens somewhere in the process otherwise you might get school kids getting high off their notebook paper......

And for those who get behind a wheel and put others in danger you should expect severe punishments.

Comment

And for those who get behind a wheel and put others in danger you should expect severe punishments.
                              Yeah, like the "severe punishments" for impaired driving now? DUIs are a joke, both parties need to seriously ramp up the penalties for drunk driving. We've had too many pointless deaths.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                Yeah, like the "severe punishments" for impaired driving now? DUIs are a joke, both parties need to seriously ramp up the penalties for drunk driving. We've had too many pointless deaths.
                                Federally speaking?

And yes like those, but different. And I have also heard the opposing side to this too.

Comment

Working...
                                X