X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    [COLOR="#000080"]
    So, when someone attributes something to a wide swath of people indiscriminately based of race, ethnicity, religion etc.. what is that called?
    Generalizations?
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Generalizations?

Yes. Generalizations, which in the end do no good nor are realistic. It's what fuels division and conflict.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Yes. Generalizations, which in the end do no good nor are realistic. It's what fuels division and conflict.
        You'll get no argument from me. I thought the Apocalypse would have more rivers of blood
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          You'll get no argument from me. I thought the Apocalypse would have more rivers of blood
          You obviously haven't been to Detroit...or Finland.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Actually I have
            Jelgate is right

Comment

shame on those generalizers. all the same

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                shame on those generalizers. all the same
                It's like you want a grammar Nazi to show up..
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

It's like you want a grammar Nazi to show up..
                  a grammar nazi generalizer plz

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                    I've also heard stories about people who put donor info on their driver's licenses have ended up in accidents at young ages. Strange coicidence, if that info is true.
                    I have heard stuff on that angle that seems to imply that EMS medics seem to not "do their best" to save someone who has 'i am a doner" on their card as well..
                    BUT all the 5 EMS medics i know say that is a load of bupkis.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      I have heard stuff on that angle that seems to imply that EMS medics seem to not "do their best" to save someone who has 'i am a doner" on their card as well..
                      BUT all the 5 EMS medics i know say that is a load of bupkis.
                      I'm not referring to EMS people -- most of them do their job, without even knowing who they are treating. (I know several EMS people, personally...)

I was referring to accidents being caused on purpose with the hit person(s) ending up dead--sometimes shortly after impact or eventually from the result of injuries after lingering in the hospital and merely dangling onto life by a few threads or drips of saline, etc.

I've read/heard too many of those stories to find them just coincidental in the timing of the person getting seriously clobbered and ending up DOA or soon. Depends on what organ is needed that gets taken. Hearts are usually busted, so it would have to be another healthier organ, perhaps unaffected by the (so-called) accident.

I think you need to separate the person(s) from the documents written. Once you do that, it is how the documents written are heeded to and lived in accordance by that determines the end outcome -- not the person born into that religion or culture, unless that person believes it is acceptable to lie, murder, steal, break all of the standard laws of the constitution as well as ignore even 6 or 8 of the Judaeo-Christian Ten Commandments (different "god"/laws written to obey to).

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      You know, I had to scroll back up to check if it was still you that posted this cause this doesn't sound like you at all. ...
                      Wow. Really? I've only rephrased many things over dozens of times, and this is the first time I'm guessing this was a positive comment?
                      That's the way I am, always have been. So, in retrospect, it's only taken me about a thousand different ways to say basically the same thing, until this one rephrasing of it all finally reached out and *touched* you?

The world may be different today, but the reasons to marry a girl that young are because of what..??

Today's standards claim that most adults consummating relationships with children as young as ten is a matter of being a pedophile.

Again, today's standards are not applicable to those 1000 years ago.
                      Anywho, as far as the young ages go for marriage, history teachers in my schools always taught us that children were married at younger pre/teen years, because it was based on the reality that the lifespan of people in those earlier centuries was much shorter, as the average (peak) age was 40 years or less -- so people started families much younger than most USA families did in the middle 20th century. Many people prior to our 20th century, died in their 30's or 40's and it was (considered) rare that some people lived to see 60 or 70 years. So, contract marriages were acceptable for older men (in their 30's? or 40's? or older, if they lived that long enough) marrying child brides during those time eras.

I never really thought child brides were an issue, until I heard about the weird purification ritual that is practiced among some African and Islamic people. There have been numerous reports that anesthesia isn't even used when removing / cutting out certain female parts as some sort of superstitious belief that it will protect the future female from committing "sin," which is apparently labeled as some other name in those other ethnic groups.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        So you LIKE that it got blocked?
                        Yes.

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                        you do realize that the adult human body is also a cluster of cells, right?
                        Some even missing a few cells here and/or there.

There have been numerous reports that anesthesia isn't even used when removing / cutting out certain female parts as some sort of superstitious belief that it will protect the future female from committing "sin," which is apparently labeled as some other name in those other ethnic groups.
                        Yes, that unfortunately happens. However, there's a simple reason why no anaesthetic is used. These people are simply too poor to be able to afford it, and most of these procedures are performed in back rooms. And are completely out of left field.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          consistency: force them into this world => forced to care for them
                          Why is it so hard for you (and others) to understand that the idea is not to have children which you cannot care for in the first place? That way, no one is "forced into this world" or "forced to care for them" ?

We know what causes pregnancy. And it's really, really easy to avoid becoming pregnant/fathering a child.

Comment

Because it's simply not that easy in real life.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Because it's simply not that easy in real life.
                              How is it not that easy? With the possible exception of one specific possibly mythical incident 2000 years ago, aside from technological intervention, intended to conceive a child, can you name for me even one confirmed case where someone became pregnant or fathered a child without having sexual relations of some sort?

To paraphrase a quote from the original Star Trek episode, "A Taste of Armageddon",

We can admit that we have sex... but we're not going to have sex today. That's all it takes! Knowing that we're not going to have sex - today!
                              It really is just that easy. And anyone who denies that is just making excuses for poor self control & the lack of willpower.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                It really is just that easy. And anyone who denies that is just making excuses for poor self control & the lack of willpower.
                                yep just as easy as getting an obese american man to stay away from Mcdonalds

Comment

Working...
                                X