This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    as if all cops are bad....there are good cops who endeavor to uphold the law and have stated that they would refuse to comply with any laws that run counter to the Constitution
    We need A LOT more of them, if you ask me. I've read about some that won't enforce the Safe Act, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      We need A LOT more of them, if you ask me. I've read about some that won't enforce the Safe Act, for example.
      What is the "Safe Act" and why is the DMV selling personal information? Shouldn't someone's head roll over this?
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Oh and more crazy, crazy from Australia

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...18-gh3wdc.html

Amusing. So if the Minister's wives didn't tell them it's not double dipping.

Oh and this too

http://media.smh.com.au/video-news/v...h-6531638.html

Comment

So ISIS has captured Ramadi in Iraq, Palmyra in Syria and the last border crossing of the Syria - Iraq border that they did not yet have control of.

At this point, ISIS controls roughly half of Syria (and most of Syria's electricity supply), and almost all of northern Iraq except Kurdistan. That's more land than the UK.
          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
            So ISIS has captured Ramadi in Iraq, Palmyra in Syria and the last border crossing of the Syria - Iraq border that they did not yet have control of.

At this point, ISIS controls roughly half of Syria (and most of Syria's electricity supply), and almost all of northern Iraq except Kurdistan. That's more land than the UK.

Then why hasn't Syria done anything about it?

Clearly this is their problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post

Because the I.S. keeps executing people...? Depends on who the I.S. wants to keep alive or not. And since they stole most of the USA's military equipment that these nations the USA is supposed to be helping, and the people controlling those areas have fled -- leaving our USA goodie supplies behind for the I.S. to just swoop up, learn how to use it, and go on their killing sprees, that's basically the scenario that results.

Also (and this is just a guess based on various radio programming and other news blog sites that discuss these things), because the USA (gov't admin?) is getting blamed for the I.S. being created in the first place. Syria, Iraq, and maybe Iran want the USA to take care of this problem, which everyone can see how well that is progressing. It was not former Pres. GWBush's signature who released the guy now heading up the I.S., but Pres. Obama who authorized the release, so many folks over in that region are blaming Pres.Obama for causing the creation of I.S. to occur in the first place.

Anywho, aside from the blame game, the I.S. wants the USA involved, while some USA non-military want no part of this at all. Blame it on whoever or whatever PTB are in control and moving the chess pieces across the board (planet). None of that will solve the situation. It's only causing a major situational problem,that is eventually going to bring about a world governing leader from the midst of all these struggles, who will end up being hailed as a hero. (...just wait and watch, if anyone has the luxury to do so.. that's what the jist of combined Bible prophecy folks along with radio talk program speculation folks are coming up with.. whether it's an actual problem, conspiracy issue, or sheer prophecy, is part of the question.)

"Islamic State 'seizes last Syria-Iraq border crossing'"
              BBC news, posted 05/22/2015

"...
              On Thursday the United Nations said it had received reports that Syrian forces in Palmyra prevented civilians from leaving, ahead of its fall to Islamic State.

It said it was "deeply concerned" about the plight of those remaining in the area, amid reports of summary executions.

IS has also overrun the World Heritage site adjacent to the modern city, raising concerns about its future. The militants have previously demolished ancient sites that pre-date Islam.
              Also, important note---
              I heard on the radio (one of the talk radio programs), that Ramadi controls the water source for Baghdad. If Ramadi falls completely (where the I.S. contaminates or cuts off the water to downstream), or anything happens to the water supplies upstream, there goes Baghdad (Iraq). If/when Baghdad falls, keep an eye on IRAN. They (Iran) won't tolerate this for much longer.

Comment

Why the hell leave all the toys behind? Surely it's not hard to rig a self destruct?

Comment

What is the "Safe Act" and why is the DMV selling personal information? Shouldn't someone's head roll over this?
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NY_SAFE_Act

The New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013 commonly known as the NY SAFE Act is a gun regulation law in the state of New York. The law passed by the New York State Legislature on January 15, 2013, in the middle of the night under a "message of necessity", and was signed into law by Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo on the next day.
                  This law is unconstitutional in several ways, and should not survive the eventual challenges to it in the US Supreme court.

As far as the DMV's behavior, of course someone's head should roll, but more likely, he'll get a slap on the wrist, or even promoted. Didn't you see? A letter was sent to the DMV about it, and they're going to have a meeting, too.
                  Last edited by Annoyed; 22 May 2015, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Syria has done a lot about it. The Syrian army, their Iranian instructors and Lebanese Hezbollah (which currently functions as a Syrian ally) have fought lots of battles and killed hundreds of thousands of people, ISIS and civilians alike. It's been a win some, lose some for them, but mostly lose some.
                    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Because of the Civil War still raging in the country.

I happened to catch a news program last night which highlights events that are hot in the news, and they talk about it, discuss the issue and go deeper into political/social backgrounds.

The reason why IS is gaining so much ground in Syria is because foreign military aid isn't working together with the Assad government. There's no direction from them. This was the case in Iraq, where the old regime was overthrown with the help of the new. There was a cooperation going, which isn't in Syria.

IS is ruthless in their manners and they are gaining more ground every day.

Palmyra's also an important archaeological site and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. A lot of it is thus still buried underneath the sand. Knowing how IS looks upon the cities of old (remember Nimrod & Khorsabad) they will destroy it all, dig up the treasures still hidden underneath the sand and sell it on the black market to make more money for their warmongering.

They are killing left, right and center. I doubt they even know what's really in the Kuran.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The problem here is that lot of people seem to think only two systems exist out there, brute capitalism or communism, but there are more options out their who will work better for the society and the people.

Of course everyone had to pay a bit more taxes for that (even the rich) but in the end you get something where almost everyone had the chance to get back up again (even when you have a long illness or longer terms of unemployment), this system is called "social market economy" and Germany and some other country´s had it until the late 80´s, we still "have" it, but unfortunately with more US-capitalism mixed in, which make the system harder for everyone.

Of course it´s a bit more regulation for markets and industries, but I think the world don´t need "super rich people" when other´s in the world starve and don´t have a home or access to health care. In my opinion it called "compassion" and I am willing to pay more taxes when others have good standards, too.

Big US and EU industries think they can capitalize the rest of the world and to hell with other´s. But everyone want´s a save and healthy environment for his family. Brute Capitalism ruin´s families, nature, our resources and a lot of other things. And the NSA spying is nothing more than to keep people who criticises the politics of the rich under control. Nothing will work smooth with some percentage of super rich and a lot of poor people on the other hand. Because the middle class get destructed too, bit by bit.

So you can hail some crazy technologist dictator with automatic drones and some scary weapons in few years from now.
                        sigpic

Comment

And course a 100% free society is nothing to root for, a community need some laws and rules for good cooperation. But nowadays´s it´s to much control of normal people who just want to live their everyday lives without some "faceless" society can do whatever they want with your data. And when such a society decide you are a risk (with the wrong political opinion) they´ll kill you without warning, that´s not very democratic!

Even the worst criminal should have the right to defend himself in a courtroom.
                          Look at Captain America II, it´s a bit naive but the political statement is not hard to understand.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            They are killing left, right and center. I doubt they even know what's really in the Kuran.
                            or maybe they know it best

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                              Of course everyone had to pay a bit more taxes for that (even the rich) but in the end you get something where almost everyone had the chance to get back up again (even when you have a long illness or longer terms of unemployment), this system is called "social market economy" and Germany and some other country´s had it until the late 80´s, we still "have" it, but unfortunately with more US-capitalism mixed in, which make the system harder for everyone.
                              The problem with raising taxes to provide ideal circumstances for everyone is that taxing the rich never has worked, and can never work. In a society such as the U.S., the rich will always be able to minimize the impact of the tax collector via laws written for their benefit by a government that is basically for sale to the highest bidder. Until and unless a way can be found to completely remove money, favors and influence from the election process, it can't change. And the wealthy, who enjoy & control the current system will never go along with that. So the rich don't end up paying most of the taxes, the only people that do are the middle class, who cannot afford the financial games the wealthy use to shield their money.

Even in other forms of govt, the rich cruise while the lower and middle classes bear the burden. In a Communist society, the rich do very well, but wealth is not measured in currency, it's measured in political connections to the ruling party/class, whatever you want to call it. In Feudal times, the Lord, King or whatever he was called was "the rich", and you still had the common man, who bore the burden of doing the actual work of the society.

Whatever form of govt. or economic structure you have, there will always be people at the top, and people at the bottom.
                              However, as far as I know, the capitalist system provides the best chance for someone to make something better of himself and move up the ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                The problem with raising taxes to provide ideal circumstances for everyone is that taxing the rich never has worked, and can never work. In a society such as the U.S., the rich will always be able to minimize the impact of the tax collector via laws written for their benefit by a government that is basically for sale to the highest bidder. Until and unless a way can be found to completely remove money, favors and influence from the election process, it can't change. And the wealthy, who enjoy & control the current system will never go along with that. So the rich don't end up paying most of the taxes, the only people that do are the middle class, who cannot afford the financial games the wealthy use to shield their money.

Even in other forms of govt, the rich cruise while the lower and middle classes bear the burden. In a Communist society, the rich do very well, but wealth is not measured in currency, it's measured in political connections to the ruling party/class, whatever you want to call it. In Feudal times, the Lord, King or whatever he was called was "the rich", and you still had the common man, who bore the burden of doing the actual work of the society.

Whatever form of govt. or economic structure you have, there will always be people at the top, and people at the bottom.
                                However, as far as I know, the capitalist system provides the best chance for someone to make something better of himself and move up the ladder.
                                yeah...for some people being at the bottom might be a transitory thing due to bad luck and they just need some help getting back on their feet again...but other people are at the bottom because they've chosen to be

Comment

Working...
                                X