X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
    http://www.godlessgirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/85.jpg

This isn't straying off-topic at all...
    . A better example of a proper extremist atheist would be someone like this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
      repercussions? - 100's or 1000's dead, and bogged down in another war. Gadhafi? Not going anywhere. Bombing Libya is, sadly, just going to make him right.
      Who cares, about his perceived rightness?
      Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      I say just take all the Islamo-fascists and roast 'em over an open fire...mmmm.....roast radical.....
      that is horribly innefficient and a waste of tax payer dollars and torture to boot, shame on you *wags finger*
      Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
      What the hell is a Islamo-fascist when it's at home? I was under the impression Islam and Fascism were compleatly different.
      Depends on if you are dealing with the radical Caliphate/ Impose Shariah Law on the World Islamisist or the more calmer and reasonable lets all just be friends. The ones who want a global Caliphate, want the World ruled by Islam and Shariah Law, and even want all unbelievers, including the Jews dead, they have quite a lot in common with Fascists.
      Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      So can I call the Religious Right Christio-fascists?
      Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
      Yep.
      no
      Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
      Speaking as an extremist Agnostic, I feel superior to all of you with my uncertainty. Possibly.
      Good one.

Comment

So can I call the Religious Right Christio-fascists?
        Yep.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
          . A better example of a proper extremist atheist would be someone like this guy.
          His philosophy, however, is not based on atheism needing to rule the world against all other philosophies out of some belief that it is the one true law. He endorses state atheism because religious organizations are a threat to his rule, nothing more.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
            Yep.
            *shrugs* IF you want to compare apples to oranges and stretch the facts to be in line to what you believe with. Be my guest.

His philosophy, however, is not based on atheism needing to rule the world against all other philosophies out of some belief that it is the one true law. He endorses state atheism because religious organizations are a threat to his rule, nothing more.
            And I wonder why those dang religions are just so uppity? *chin stroke.*

If people will forgive me I don't know who that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
              *shrugs* IF you want to compare apples to oranges and stretch the facts to be in line to what you believe with. Be my guest.

And I wonder why those dang religions are just so uppity? *chin stroke.*

If people will forgive me I don't know who that is.
              Because those religions want to be the ones imposing the social norms

And it's Pol Pot.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Because those religions want to be the ones imposing the social norms

And it's Pol Pot.
                You mean things like human liberty, freedom, and general good fluffy warmness?

Oh pretty much the one genocidal madman I know the least about.

Comment

Or as Eddie Izzard put it... "[He] must [have] gotten up very early in the morning! I can't even get down the gym. [His] diary must look odd: 'Get up in the morning, death, death, death, death, death, death, death – lunch – death, death, death – afternoon tea – death, death, death – quick shower …' "
                  sigpic
                  Don't touch Lola

Comment

Originally posted by Rickington View Post
                    Or as Eddie Izzard put it... "[He] must [have] gotten up very early in the morning! I can't even get down the gym. [His] diary must look odd: 'Get up in the morning, death, death, death, death, death, death, death – lunch – death, death, death – afternoon tea – death, death, death – quick shower …' "
                    ....*checks Ricks temperature* I think he is having a stroke!

Comment

You mean things like human liberty, freedom, and general good fluffy warmness?

We'll have to disagree on the first part of all that, lo siento

And yeah, there's always that one crazy dude that you just don't know about.

Comment

people that use the term Islamofascist are ignorant of both Islam and fascism. And probably a whole lot more into the bargain.
                        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

how is forcing people to either submit to Islam or die not fascist on the part of these radicals? I'd say they're acting just like Adolf Hitler when it comes to this....not to mention it's a good term to use to separate these radicals from peaceful Muslims who wish to co-exist peacefully with those of other faiths

Comment

how is forcing people to either submit to Islam or die not fascist on the part of these radicals? I'd say they're acting just like Adolf Hitler when it comes to this....not to mention it's a good term to use to separate these radicals from peaceful Muslims who wish to co-exist peacefully with those of other faiths
                            because fascism isnt a synonym for authoritarian, its a specific form of authoritarian government, people love to throw round the word fascist to describe people they dont like and its rarely an accurate decsription

Comment

boohoo...I know that....but I'll use whatever slang terms I darn well please....you wanna split hairs make a thread for it

Comment

*reluctantly suits up and dives in*

boohoo...I know that....but I'll use whatever slang terms I darn well please....you wanna split hairs make a thread for it
                                Y'know, MG, that's not really fair to the people in this thread who are attempting to have a serious discussion. A large part of the art of effective discourse is the use of agreed-upon terminology. If you (generic "you", not specific "you") just want to be inflammatory, then tossing around inaccurate slang will probably serve the purpose. But if you're actually trying to have a legitimate conversation about a particular topic, or to join in on one that's already in progress, it really does help to use words properly. Words have meaning, and it isn't just a matter of "words mean what I want them to mean". No, they mean things among a community of people.

This is the Political Discussion thread, not the "Pi$$ People Off Any Way You Can, Just For Fun" thread. If you (specific "you" this time, not generic "you") want to throw around inflammatory rhetoric or argue terminology that most of the local community (in this case, Gateworld, or at least the denizens of the basement, here) agree is inaccurate, perhaps you ought to start your own thread. I'm sure the mods will love you for it.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                                Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                                sigpic
                                now also appearing on DeviantArt
                                Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Working...
                                X