This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    they're kind of upscale). Mainly because Whole Foods Market was feeding the cops
    "feeding" as in, an expensive shop was giving them free food?

gosh I didn't know you became such a big proponent of Big Government *_* why the U-turn?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
      "feeding" as in, an expensive shop was giving them free food?

gosh I didn't know you became such a big proponent of Big Government *_* why the U-turn?
      There is a difference between a private business choosing to provide assistance to police or any one else for that matter of their own free will and having funds taken from you by the government so that government can give it to someone else. In the first situation, the government isn't involved at all, aside from the police personnel being fed.

Comment

Does it excuse just shooting him in the back as he ran?
        Shooting someone in the back can hardly be classified as self-defense.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        ...don't even try to sell me this as racially motivated unless you want to accuse blacks of being racially biased against themselves.
        It might come as a surprise, but yes they are. Heard a friend tell how she was bullied in school for not being black enough (she's originally from Martinique and has an Indian/African ancestry).
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well, 6 officers in Baltimore have been charged with the death of Freddie Gray while in police custody.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/01...-freddie-gray/

If found guilty, they should each face the harshest penalties allowed by law.

One thing I'm wondering about though. I skimmed a number of articles about this, and no one is saying what race the arrested officers are. Gotta wonder about that.

Comment

There is a difference between a private business choosing to provide assistance to police or any one else for that matter of their own free will and having funds taken from you by the government so that government can give it to someone else. In the first situation, the government isn't involved at all, aside from the police personnel being fed.
            Reaver is just being a gorram Reaver...it's why I tend to ignore him most of the time....

as for the rioters in Baltimore:

Comment

There is a difference between a private business choosing to provide assistance to police or any one else for that matter
              not to "any one else", just the government folks, not the smallfolk. intriguing choice eh? business-government alliance, essentially corporatism. let's stay on topic shall we
              of their own free will and having funds taken from you by the government
              and guess who the government sends to take it from you if you resist - that's right the same people that shop was giving free handouts to. as if these people don't make enough $ as it is. or maybe that's the new definition of capitalism? (nothing's free, except for the elite classes)
              so that government can give it to someone else.
              among this "someone else" are the guys in blue, in case you forgot
              In the first situation, the government isn't involved at all, aside from the police personnel being fed.
              nope the police are just the most powerful symbol of government - its armed executive branch - but aside from that, they got nothing to do with government :|

anyway there's one shop that deserves to get raided & looted. hopefully

Comment

btw I must accent that I've nothing against that shop giving free handouts to the military personnel (assuming it was just the soldiers and not higher-ups like the officers). these guys have tough jobs & there ain't much in it for them either

Comment

Well, 6 officers in Baltimore have been charged with the death of Freddie Gray while in police custody.

lol...you really should check up on your own laws
                  or maybe you had the roles mixed up: here the coppers are the defendants not the victims
                  Spoiler:
                  http://kstp.com/article/stories/s3625915.shtml

3 years instead of 12 for commoners - mitigating factors thanks to his status, just another of the perks of the job

in other words those Baltimore guys too will get a lighter sentence since the judge has to take their class & status into account

Comment

Reaver is just being a gorram Reaver
                    of course - are you not yourself most of the time?

Comment

I personally blame the media for the whole Baltimore riots. However, I blame the media for a lot of things
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

One thing I'm wondering about though. I skimmed a number of articles about this, and no one is saying what race the arrested officers are. Gotta wonder about that.
                        Who cares? This whole issue has more to do with perceptions or rather with the message. If you want to talk about racism, this is what I see. MLK Jr. didn't march screaming at people pointing fingers for their unjust actions and then demanding retribution. That was Malcom X. His message was very much influenced by his christian beliefs. That's hope, love, inclusiveness and coexistence. This is what a lot of people lack.

Like that college girl that was mentioned in this thread a few pages back, her exclusion of a certain group of men was a very Malcom X type of action. So is that of the rowdy protesters that turned into rioters. It's about seeking retribution, not cooperation and healing. It's a negative message, not a positive one.

Somehow, even though MLK Jr. won out with his message, Americans learned Malcom X's teachings instead. Accusing and demanding retribution brings about animosity and anger. But MLK Jr.'s tactics involve forgiveness, acceptance, and an inclusive push forward through a positive message. That's something that the people of Baltimore, those rioting, seem to not understand.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

MLK Jr. DIDN'T win out.....that's the problem.....he was shot and killed after all

Comment

Yeah the whole Baltimore thing seems totally messed up. Did the Mayor actually tell police to back off and let people destroy stuff?
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

And leaving the Baltimore thing alone what about the side of politics tied to religious groups?

I found these two links and they feel somewhat disturbing IMHO.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/29/po...urt/index.html

and

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement...discrimination

Now as far as I can tell both these groups / people are doing a damn fine impersonation of the Taliban. This is just the kind of thing the Taliban would be doing and everyone would be up in arms over it, but because they are Christians it seems to be all OK.

I don't think it's really OK is it?
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

"Right now in America there is an agenda to silence people of faith, those who hold a dissenting opinion," Duggar told CNS. "That’s not what America was founded on. America was founded on respect, tolerance, and really not discriminating against people based on their religious convictions."
                                None of which he is showing to people, if he wants it, then he should show it back
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X