X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    and you can't even be sure whose side the police are on anymore

here in New York State in the town of Sardinia 2 cops were looking for someone and entered someone's property in plain clothes without permission or identifying themselves and got barked at by their dog so they shot the dog (a pit bull...thus anti-pit bull discrimination continues ) AND endangered the life of the homeowner's child who was playing with said dog in the process
    ain't (neo)conservatism wonderrrful?

Comment

I'm skeptical of statements calling the left caring and compassionate and the right monsters. For the record I would think the same if someone told me the right was caring and the left were monsters
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I'm skeptical of statements calling the left caring and compassionate and the right monsters. For the record I would think the same if someone told me the right was caring and the left were monsters
        In the eyes of the common person, if you're not my party then you're a monster. Or, another way to put it, you can have your own political opinion as long as it isn't different than mine.

Yesterday, I had to protect my black friend from a mob of other blacks because he said that the people protesting in Ferguson should do it peacefully. They called him 'Uncle Tom', 'self-loathing', 'traitor', something about having a 'cracker girlfriend'. Then, they began throwing rocks at us and one even tried to club us with a rake. We believed something different from them, and that automatically made us monsters.

Conflicts stems not from different beliefs but the inability to accept them.

sigpic
        Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
        https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

It's not just politics that attracts such viewpoints.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I would agree to that. I detest generalizations and stereotypes so much that such statements lumping groups into simple statements really anger me
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Jeez man, no one will believe we are not sockies at this rate.
              sigpic

Comment

So I am to sacrifice my beliefs and views just so you are not like me?
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  So I am to sacrifice my beliefs and views just so you are not like me?
                  Of course, you must sacrifice yourself to prove the righteousness of my beliefs.
                  And here I was thinking I had hired a experienced Martyr...........
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
                    In the eyes of the common person, if you're not my party then you're a monster. Or, another way to put it, you can have your own political opinion as long as it isn't different than mine.

Yesterday, I had to protect my black friend from a mob of other blacks because he said that the people protesting in Ferguson should do it peacefully. They called him 'Uncle Tom', 'self-loathing', 'traitor', something about having a 'cracker girlfriend'. Then, they began throwing rocks at us and one even tried to club us with a rake. We believed something different from them, and that automatically made us monsters.

ah isn't the "gimmie crowd" great?

they firmly believe that they're entitled to the fruits of other peoples' labor just because and start fights with anybody who dares to challenge that notion

Comment

Well that's not happening
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        Yeah what is this lefty bull****?

What makes a lefty?
                        My first reaction to this question was not suitable for a family board

What makes a leftist varies somewhat from country to country, but in short, it's the kind of person who appears incapable of ever taking his own society's side in a fight. The common points are obsession with three things: social equality, internationalism and "peace".

The starting points can be rather tame, but as the degree of obsession grows, definitions get warped. The quest for social equality evolves into perpetual warfare on one's own society as new and ever-more-creative forms of inequality are conjured up to provide fodder for sustaining the struggle. Internationalism assumes the form of relentless rejection of nation-state as a form of social organization and the very idea of national sovereignty- but strictly as applied to one's own society or allies; sovereignty of other nations, especially openly hostile ones, is held sacrosanct. The desire for "peace" gets warped in two ways: any military action by own or allied side is automatically deemed criminal regardless of the details, including when it's intended to stop ongoing genocide, while any hostility and/ or internal brutality from enemies is rationalized as a reaction to own side's real or perceived wrongdoings. In extreme cases, leftists approve of or participate in some level of violence against own society (usually associated with defining down "non-violent protest" to include violent behaviors such as throwing rocks, firebombs, ransaking shops or unarmed physical assault on police or armed forces).

A "lefty" is a derogatory term for someone who's far enough down that curve.
                        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post

OMG that's kind of bad.
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

OMG that's kind of bad.
                            [Sarcasm]
                            If he sided with his local majority and didn't rebel, it would not have happened
                            [/Sarcasm]
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              [Sarcasm]
                              If he sided with his local majority and didn't rebel, it would not have happened
                              [/Sarcasm]

True but it's kind of amazing how these events polarize groups of people. The whole "us & them" kind of thing and all.
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

True but it's kind of amazing how these events polarize groups of people. The whole "us & them" kind of thing and all.
                                You are.also guilty of this.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X