This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    From a Western Military Perspective, they are Expendable.

How do you figure that?

Why are they more expendable then Israel?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      I was actually thinking of the... umm, "side effects" of a country with harsh LGBT laws being associated with targeting a flight with AIDS researchers.

Fortunately, that seems not to be the case here.
      Oh, yeah... that would have opened a different can of worms altogether.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        How do you figure that?

Why are they more expendable then Israel?
        Israel represents a "Western Presence" in the Heart of an area controlled by Islam for Hundreds of years. Islam has been a "Traditional Enemy" of the West for centuries as well.
        The Very existence of Israel drives a wedge into the religious and political heart of Islam and it's desire to reform an "old Caliphate"

Neither side is "Expendable" from a humanitarian POV, just from a Military and Economic POV. I feel Israel, and it's people are merely being used, yet again in service of others. Except this time, they feel they have a reason for it.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Oh, yeah... that would have opened a different can of worms altogether.
          See, I think.
          Sometimes
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Malaysian airlines are having bad luck this year, arnt they?
            sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't fly with them...

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                Stereotypes how?
                Those are very broad generalized views about conservatives. When you make such accusations no matter what the group they tend to be untrue
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

what about 1400 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                    What about that long ago here in the US?

I think going back that far for any land claims is rather beyond the point. There was a link a few pages back to a video going over 1000 years of country border changes in Europe. If it changes that much for a continent, imagine how much land ownership would change in a much smaller area.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post

I think going back that far for any land claims is rather beyond the point. There was a link a few pages back to a video going over 1000 years of country border changes in Europe. If it changes that much for a continent, imagine how much land ownership would change in a much smaller area.
                      To be fair a large portion of the world would be quite happy for you to give that land back to the native Americans too.

I think in the end though such things need to be done on the basis of common sense. There's no putting the genie back in the bottle as it were.

I think the current issue has to stem from the fact that despite Israel's claims that they are defending themselves, their attacks are resulting in multiple civilian deaths. Now granted, attacks by Hamas likewise result in Israeli civilian deaths, but these are the actions of a terrorist group. By not concerning themselves with civilian casualties on the Palestinian side Israel is not accomplishing anything than bringing more support to Hamas. Not only is it very distasteful undertaking that Israel in involved in then it is utterly counter productive.

Now in the end it is a very tough position that Israel is in. No one can fault them for being scared or for getting angry at the loss of their own people. But in the end, there is absolutely no way that them taking military action on this scale and with this much loss of life will have any positive impact on their security in the long run. Short term? Maybe they might be able to bring a temporary amount of security, but as we have seen time and time again, we'll be right back here in a years time.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Their was a time people would have been glad that Great Britain never unified
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          To be fair a large portion of the world would be quite happy for you to give that land back to the native Americans too.

I think in the end though such things need to be done on the basis of common sense. There's no putting the genie back in the bottle as it were.

I think the current issue has to stem from the fact that despite Israel's claims that they are defending themselves, their attacks are resulting in multiple civilian deaths. Now granted, attacks by Hamas likewise result in Israeli civilian deaths, but these are the actions of a terrorist group. By not concerning themselves with civilian casualties on the Palestinian side Israel is not accomplishing anything than bringing more support to Hamas. Not only is it very distasteful undertaking that Israel in involved in then it is utterly counter productive.

Now in the end it is a very tough position that Israel is in. No one can fault them for being scared or for getting angry at the loss of their own people. But in the end, there is absolutely no way that them taking military action on this scale and with this much loss of life will have any positive impact on their security in the long run. Short term? Maybe they might be able to bring a temporary amount of security, but as we have seen time and time again, we'll be right back here in a years time.
                          maybe someone should tell Hamas to stop using human shields then

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                            I was gonna say something but P90 beatme to it:
                            Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            damn straight it's their land

I think going back that far for any land claims is rather beyond the point.
                            alrite so how far back is acceptable then? what's the limit?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                              Would around 70 AD count?

Spoiler:

Comment

OK now do one for Belgium FH.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X