This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Wow...that's a sweeping generalization that this US citizen doesn't want to be a part of. While this country isn't by any means perfect...I've seen it grow. Does it still have a long way to go...yes...indeed it does. However, no matter the color of a person's skin...the person can still be racist. I've seen it. Just something to think about....
    I may not have meant the general US citizen but America is mainly occupied by caucasians and there is a severe lack of people of other races in very important roles. We may see other races in the movies, we may see them in Washington but none of them are ever in a position where they're truly respected/truly powerful. I'm aware of what Martin Luther King Jr. said in the past but even since then, a large number Caucasians have not given much respect (there is still some though) to other races.

I guess through my muddled statement, I guess I have to say this; no matter how much we try, racism will still exist, bullying will still exist. It sickens me that society can't seem to exist without those two things. You are right in the fact that the US has a long way to go but I feel like those two things should of been gone by now.
    Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
      Look, they treated Indians poorly in the early days of America, they treated blacks badly in the 50's, they snubbed their head at cultures that were foreign to them, they even thought their country was superior to every other country out there; hell they're is still some hatred when it came to woman. It's obvious the people in America don't think of anybody who isn't white or hasn't grown up in an environment that is a suburb, a high-rise in the city or a traditional farm that is obviously run by a southerner; this has gone on since the dawn of time and all everybody ever seems to do is find ways to justify the current structure of life that goes on.

The obvious fact is this; people are different, people who are different deserve to have rights, why shouldn't we give them their rights?
      You know how sick some of us at hearing about how horrible this country is? If you don't like it, please don't let the door hit you on the A@$ on the way out. Let me just remind you that most other countries had just as many atrocities in their history.

Women were mistreated everywhere. People were enslaved everywhere. Many other countries snub foreigners. Want some examples of other countries horrors of history?

Genocide, Murdering Female Babies for population control, The tower of London tortue chambers, Dictators letting the poor starve to death, Slavery(not in US), religious wars, The Inquisition, Human Sacrifice, Jihads......need I go on?

This is a growing YOUNG country compared to the others, as you all point out all the time. Our errors are still fresher in your minds because they are more recent. The average American is trying to keep food on the table and survive right about now. I don't have a clue abut this BS claim that people have to be in suburbs or I don't care about them. You are perhaps saying the way YOU feel, must of us are just being existing. It seems to me it is the hip new thing to do now, bash the US.
      Posting at.............
      http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Graybrew1 View Post
        You know how sick some of us at hearing about how horrible this country is? If you don't like it, please don't let the door hit you on the A@$ on the way out. Let me just remind you that most other countries had just as many atrocities in their history.

Women were mistreated everywhere. People were enslaved everywhere. Many other countries snub foreigners. Want some examples of other countries horrors of history?

Genocide, Murdering Female Babies for population control, The tower of London tortue chambers, Dictators letting the poor starve to death, Slavery(not in US), religious wars, The Inquisition, Human Sacrifice, Jihads......need I go on?

This is a growing YOUNG country compared to the others, as you all point out all the time. Our errors are still fresher in your minds because they are more recent. The average American is trying to keep food on the table and survive right about now. I don't have a clue abut this BS claim that people have to be in suburbs or I don't care about them. You are perhaps saying the way YOU feel, must of us are just being existing. It seems to me it is the hip new thing to do now, bash the US.
        You can't take criticism of your own country. How mature.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
          I may not have meant the general US citizen but America is mainly occupied by caucasians and there is a severe lack of people of other races in very important roles. We may see other races in the movies, we may see them in Washington but none of them are ever in a position where they're truly respected/truly powerful. I'm aware of what Martin Luther King Jr. said in the past but even since then, a large number Caucasians have not given much respect (there is still some though) to other races.

I guess through my muddled statement, I guess I have to say this; no matter how much we try, racism will still exist, bullying will still exist. It sickens me that society can't seem to exist without those two things. You are right in the fact that the US has a long way to go but I feel like those two things should of been gone by now.
          The only way racism or prejudice will ever go away is if people stop looking at others differently. Bringing it up constantly will never help that. I don't even think about color unless somebody point it out to me.
          Posting at.............

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
            You can't take criticism of your own country. How mature.
            I am sick of hearing about it on this one sided basis. Let us start bashing all countries equally and I am fine with it.
            Posting at.............

Comment

I am sick of hearing about it on this one sided basis. Let us start bashing all countries equally and I am fine with it.
              If you cannot take well-founded criticism of something of a political nature concerning your own country, then you're in the wrong thread. But, just a word of advice: In order to seem legitimate, try responding to the criticisms with something other than, "Well, other countries did it, so why complain at us?" Attempt at a more erudite argument.
              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

If you cannot take well-founded criticism of something of a political nature concerning your own country, then you're in the wrong thread. But, just a word of advice: In order to seem legitimate, try responding to the criticisms with something other than, "Well, other countries did it, so why complain at us?" Attempt at a more erudite argument.
                Don't take this the wrong way, but I have been in Political Forums before, not just threads. I will debate and respond as I wish. If they had some well founded criticism then that would be a different story. They are simply making over generalizations about the US time after time after time for things that other countries have also done and much worse.
                Posting at.............

Comment

Don't take this the wrong way, but I have been in Political Forums before, not just threads. I will debate and respond as I wish. If they had some well founded criticism then that would be a different story. They are simply making over generalizations about the US time after time after time for things that other countries have also done and much worse.
                  If you want to discuss the flaws of other countries, by all means, bring it up, if someone would care to debate the issue with you. I rather don't care about the internal politics of the Verkhovna Rada, but if you do, then start a conversation. But again, simply saying "you're mocking us, other countries have done worse" is not an acceptable nor legitimate excuse for any action. I hear my mother shrieking the old adage "If you saw ten people jump off a bridge, would you do it?".

sigpic

Comment

If you want to discuss the flaws of other countries, by all means, bring it up, if someone would care to debate the issue with you. I rather don't care about the internal politics of the Verkhovna Rada, but if you do, then start a conversation. But again, simply saying "you're mocking us, other countries have done worse" is not an acceptable nor legitimate excuse for any action. I hear my mother shrieking the old adage "If you saw ten people jump off a bridge, would you do it?".
                    No. But if Milhouse jumped off a cliff.....
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                      No. But if Milhouse jumped off a cliff.....
                      I'd watch and laugh.

sigpic

Comment

Why because you say so? If you bring up one I will bring up the others. I will also feel free to state my distaste in the constant attacks as well. They are not specific Politicial stances they are general comments that all Americans are basically racist or classist Bull hockey. They claim we look down on the world and that we treat everybody badly. If they open that can of worms I will gladly tell them to get the frak out if they don't like it here.
                        Posting at.............

Comment

Why because you say so? If you bring up one I will bring up the others. I will also feel free to state my distaste in the constant attacks as well. They are not specific Politicial stances they are general comments that all Americans are basically racist or classist Bull hockey. They claim we look down on the world and that we treat everybody badly. If they open that can of worms I will gladly tell them to get the frak out if they don't like it here.
                          Then do it. Bring these things up. You can also state your distaste at these "attacks" if you want to. I can't stop you. I, and anyone else who prefers substantive responses over..."distaste", will merely dismiss your comments as hyperbolic patriotism (a mild tautology, but the idea gets across).

sigpic

Comment

Then do it. Bring these things up. You can also state your distaste at these "attacks" if you want to. I can't stop you. I, and anyone else who prefers substantive responses over..."distaste", will merely dismiss your comments as hyperbolic patriotism (a mild tautology, but the idea gets across).
                            So be it. That is your opinion. I won't be alone in my thoughts and I am sure neither will you.
                            Posting at.............

Comment

So be it. That is your opinion. I won't be alone in my thoughts and I am sure neither will you.
                              Then all I can do is wait for these so-called "examples" of other countries. I shall await your post.

sigpic

Comment

Then all I can do is wait for these so-called "examples" of other countries. I shall await your post.
                                Sure, they will come out as needed.
                                Posting at.............

Comment

Working...
                                X