This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    If it's that bad why not fix it or if not what do you replace it with? Let me guess, nothing?

Literally all you guys said is "it's a lifetime couch" and "it's high and Bill stuff".

Got anything to back that up? TDM.GF1976
    How can you fix it when we have a bunch of liberal bed-wetters and hand wringers that oppose every possible solution?
    You can suggest time limits, eligibility requirements and whatnot till the cows come home but they will oppose anything that results in benefits being cut off. The only acceptable solution to them is to keep cutting checks.

Just like the situation at the southern border. No matter what is suggested that will actually block entry and stop the invasion, the only acceptable solution to them is to keep letting them in and paying for them.

Comment

How much of your taxes goes into the defense budget may I ask? I've always found hilarious how you guys don't mind having all your taxes used for something that does not even benefit you and go on your high horses when a proposal is made to help your own people.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

How much of your taxes goes into the defense budget may I ask? I've always found hilarious how you guys don't mind having all your taxes used for something that does not even benefit you and go on your high horses when a proposal is made to help your own people.
        Excuse me? Money spent on defense absolutely benefits me. It provides the freedoms that we enjoy in this country.
        Although I don't support things such as $800 dollar hammers and such, I support a large defense budget; the intent is to make the US strong enough where no one will dare start a fight or try a military conquest. I think that is a worthy goal.

What is the most expensive military in the world? The one that comes in second place.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          I'm hung up on pro-RESPONSIBILITY. And these people from other countries are not ours.

You suggest organizing private donations to alleviate the overcrowding. Go right ahead, I have no problem at all with that. If you want to donate your paycheck, have at it. Maybe you can even start a go fund me campaign.

But will that fly?

Although not strictly allegorical, Trump tried to do something along those lines. LA and other parts of Calif. as well as some other pathetic states such as NY elect politicians that advocate open borders, as shown by their sanctuary city BS.

As expressed by their elected representatives, these folks support open borders/immigration. But when Trump wanted them to put their money where there mouths are, by sending illegals to these areas, they squawked like a bunch of stuck pigs. What, you want us to pay for it?
          How are small children responsible for any of this? Good lord, you're okay with small kids living in worse conditions than rapists, serial killers and terrorists. It occurs to me that if it were up to you small children would be criminally liable for everything under the sun. You're really coming off as an extremely awful person right now. It's a good thing you didn't have kids. God only knows what hell you'd put them through.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

How can you fix it when we have a bunch of liberal bed-wetters and hand wringers that oppose every possible solution?
            You can suggest time limits, eligibility requirements and whatnot till the cows come home but they will oppose anything that results in benefits being cut off. The only acceptable solution to them is to keep cutting checks.

Just like the situation at the southern border. No matter what is suggested that will actually block entry and stop the invasion, the only acceptable solution to them is to keep letting them in and paying for them.
            Im seeing a lack of proof.

*eats GF's bacon*

Its easier than asking him Everytime Annoyed says BS
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Im seeing a lack of proof.

*eats GF's bacon*

Its easier than asking him Everytime Annoyed says BS
              I have a solution.
              Shoot all republicans or democrats, because getting rid of your problem is easier than solving them.
              Consider it, a final solution.
              Anyone seen this game being played before?
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Are you saying civilizations that were built on blood, conquests and extreme-nationalism / segregation caused a lot of harms and left death in it's wake but eventually each one of them failed?

Sorry thought I misheard you.
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Are you saying civilizations that were built on blood, conquests and extreme-nationalism / segregation caused a lot of harms and left death in it's wake but eventually each one of them failed?

Haven't you noticed that it goes round and round? In real life, just as in fiction such as Galactica, "all of this has happened before. and all of this will happen again"

We just happen to be living through the fall of our cycle.

Comment

Haven't you noticed that it goes round and round? In real life, just as in fiction such as Galactica, "all of this has happened before. and all of this will happen again"

We just happen to be living through the fall of our cycle.
                    I'm saying its about time we do something different.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yea like electing Trump. That was something eh?
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Yea like electing Trump. That was something eh?
                        He wasn't different, he is the ultimate version of a selfish politician.
                        His followers believed he would be different.
                        They are wrong.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          I'm saying its about time we do something different.
                          And I'm saying that human nature won't allow us to do anything different.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            He wasn't different, he is the ultimate version of a selfish politician.
                            His followers believed he would be different.
                            They are wrong.
                            All politicians are selfish. But they really believe otherwise.

They *want* to do good. How good is defined depends upon the individual politician.
                            They believe their agenda is what's best. But to enact it, they have to be in power.
                            So, in their minds, they tell themselves that whatever they do to remain in power is "for the good of the people".

They lie to themselves, and then to everyone else.

Comment

And I'm saying that human nature won't allow us to do anything different.
                              Yet you push abstinence as a good idea.
                              sigpic

Comment

All politicians are selfish. But they really believe otherwise.

They *want* to do good. How good is defined depends upon the individual politician.
                                They believe their agenda is what's best. But to enact it, they have to be in power.
                                So, in their minds, they tell themselves that whatever they do to remain in power is "for the good of the people".

They lie to themselves, and then to everyone else.
                                No.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X