This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    not criminals they're either part of the top elites in which case they're smart or they're commoners in which case they're idiots

"succeeding"? lol the system's stronger than ever
    Koch Wall $treet Goldman $ach$ the trillion dollar oil indu$try etc.
    and those who claim to oppose him like Zuckerberg & Bezos profit the most from his tax cuts
    All legal under US law.
    Change the law.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
      Nonsense. Rockets were invented by Nazis during WW2, you think it was that much of a stretch to believe we were fully capable to go to space on the moon like 20-30 years later? What came before that, the plane? Maybe once the plane was invented it wasn't that much of a stretch to believe in jets or rockets? I can keep going down like that all the way to the invention of the wheel and discovery of fire.
      Nonsense yourself.

Rockets were invented sometime back in the 10th or 13th century, depending upon whom you read. Future appearances were spotty until Germany's efforts in WWII.
      Germany's V2 rockets were as far ahead of the efforts of the early Chinese efforts as a Flamethrower is ahead of a candle.

The US's crash program in the 1960's jumped equally far. Germany struggled to hit London. We hit the moon. The Saturn V rocket was the most powerful machine ever created until just the past year or so, when a SpaceX rocket surpassed it.

And it wasn't just the rocket itself. It was also the technology required to make it, and fly it.

One of the saddest things I know is that we will never eclipse that peak in our history.

There. Done, I just sent an email to the supreme court.
      1: They don't pay attention to lizards, least of all Canadian Lizards.
      2: The courts don't (or at least are not supposed to) create laws. That is the job of the legislative branch. Which doesn't pay attention to Canadian Lizards either.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Nonsense yourself.

Rockets were invented sometime back in the 10th or 13th century, depending upon whom you read. Future appearances were spotty until Germany's efforts in WWII.
        Germany's V2 rockets were as far ahead of the efforts of the early Chinese efforts as a Flamethrower is ahead of a candle.
        Wrong choice of wording, propulsion engine would be appropriate.

1: They don't pay attention to lizards, least of all Canadian Lizards.
        2: The courts don't (or at least are not supposed to) create laws. That is the job of the legislative branch. Which doesn't pay attention to Canadian Lizards either.
        They don't pay attention to you neither, but maybe you'll realize that one day.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          All legal under US law.
          Change the law.
          Did you forget, you just called that burning the system?
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

They don't pay attention to
            the citizens
            The courts don't (or at least are not supposed to) create laws. That is the job of the legislative branch.
            6 of 1
            what do you think the Supreme Deep State/Court does with its rulings

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
              not criminals they're either part of the top elites in which case they're smart or they're commoners in which case they're idiots

"succeeding"? lol the system's stronger than ever
              Koch Wall $treet Goldman $ach$ the trillion dollar oil indu$try etc.
              and those who claim to oppose him like Zuckerberg & Bezos profit the most from his tax cuts
              Soul.
              They got conned.
              They WANTED to burn the system down, and they are succeeding in turning a democracy democratic republic back into an autocracy. Just because they were ignorant of the results of their actions, don't mean they failed. The system gets gone, the result is not what they intended. It's at the core of what tood has been talking about with US interference in the 3 (other) countries Mexico controls (apparently, according to the moron in chief, one country can have multiple countries)
              You are quite right in saying it strengthened the "Godverment", because the result of their attempt to burn it down produced the opposite affect, but they don't seem to care.
              sigpic

Comment

Anarchy is an impossible theory (just like communism) by design so those that claim to be anarchists are simply thugs with a brand name. That's why I'm not referring to anarchists as actual follower of that doctrine.
                Funny, there happen to be around a billion plus communists, they are generally called China.
                There used to be more of them, US, something or other.
                Social measures are burning the system... by saving them in the hospital free of charge or giving unemployed folks a small bit of help to get em through the month. I think you had too much of Trump kool'aid yourself.
                No, Like you, I live in a land that does that as well.
                What I mean is, socialized medicine and hospitals are seen as things that will destroy America, it will "burn it down"
                You and I both know that's a stupidly ignorant POV.
                Nonsense. Rockets were invented by Nazis during WW2, you think it was that much of a stretch to believe we were fully capable to go to space on the moon like 20-30 years later? What came before that, the plane? Maybe once the plane was invented it wasn't that much of a stretch to believe in jets or rockets? I can keep going down like that all the way to the invention of the wheel and discovery of fire.
                Annoyed actually handily rebuffed this nonsense.
                The evolution of rocketry took almost a THOUSAND YEARS to get to the V2, and it SUCKED in comparison to going to the moon. The US as a nation was driven to DREAM of getting to the moon, and they did, in 7 years by advancing their tech.
                Reaching for what is seemingly unattainable is what drives us forward as a species, as a village, a town, a city, a nation.
                They are all the dreams of someone.

Dreams is your reward at the end of a quest line. It's not about if it's easily achievable it's about progress, whether or not it's a slow progress. Unless you've become a radical and want something impossible right then right now (a MAGA land for Trumpers).
                No, MAGA land is the dream of returning to "past glories" and living in them, which is impossible. Dreams being met are no longer dreams , but reality.
                The "quest line" never ends, we just have bigger and bolder dreams.
                Let's get things straight, you said you didn't trust any form of govt. only the law, so don't you blame me for going down that tangent. You shift the debate a lot, not my problem.
                Am I?
                Look at your own posts.
                Conversations are organic, we start at A and end at Z because different points are raised. I "shift the debate around a lot" simply because I am responding to the shifts in conversation.
                If you don't understand that, that's not my problem either.
                But in the case I mentioned, an intervention by the govt could've saved the company, but if we go with your model we should go with what the law says and maybe change it later on. Well guess what, the law just killed 10k jobs for no reason, but if the govt intervened they'd be saved. Only in this specific case the Min. of Justice had all the power and the PM couldn't do squat without criminal offense.
                One case does not define the law, political will and the public does.
                Once more you are missing my point, which could be my fault.
                There. Done, I just sent an email to the supreme court.
                Send in a vote instead, it tends to be more effective in a democracy. Or, a ton of cash, that works as well unfortunately.
                You say you don't trust the govt., only the law. Maybe that's not what you meant? Or maybe you're changing your arguments as the posts continue?
                I trust the law because it is a bridge between those in power (governments and those with money), and the people.
                Do I always agree with the law?
                No.
                Do I agree with law ENFORCEMENT sometimes?
                HELL NO.
                The law also says a police officer can't proceed to a car search unless he sees physical evidence somewhere in the car. Smell ain't enough.
                Don't confuse abuse of power with law. A cop A single cop decided to abuse his authority, but if your car smells like a bong exploded in it, that's probable cause for ANY cop to go looking for more pot.
                Here's another one, I've been charged with Hit and Run for scratching someone's car in a grocery store parking lot. I was working the bottles in the basement that day and the intercom was broken, the cops been looking for me for 2 hours and when I got out the ***** claimed it was H&R bc I didn't respond to hails and failed to leave my contact info on the other car. Anybody would say ''Non-sense, why would you leave your car there if it was H&R?''. Why did this sh*t even go to trial?
                Umm, you should have left your info on the car, and it went to trial because you didn't and the other person was an arsehole?
                Guess what? The judge threw a fit at the cops during trial because they bring BS cases like that before him and makes him waste his time.
                It's not a BS event, it's a BS CASE and should have been handled by civil courts, not legal ones, and yes, they are different.
                Thankfully we have a human (judge) that can intervene in the law, and dismiss ridiculous power abuses cases such as this. The idiots are the cops, and cops have a LOT of discretionary power, you want to give the weapons in the hand of law agencies that's what happens.
                The judge exercised their discretion, as can the cops. You blame the cop (a human) but like the judge (a human)
                Again, the law is flexible because unlike ideology it has a human influence.

I was a normal teen enjoying my social life and had a great circle of friends. Ever heard of fishing? 90% of the times I was stopped by the police me and my friends weren't doing anything wrong other than say 4 guys driving a small Honda Civic Hatchback, which was a police magnet. They will pull whatever BS they can, stolen car, your exhaust is loud, decibel test, or any other reason from an exhaustive list available to them. At some point we found out that removing our caps was beneficial for our odds of not getting stopped. Profiling is the problem.
                So is it cops, the law, or profiling?
                You just told a story about being profiled, The cops being too harsh, and the judge letting you off.
                I would say the law worked.
                I'll say I don't have a clue what you're arguing for anymore. How is that related to draconian immigration policies? And how is all you said not conflicting with being okay with tighter immigration policies? You want to talk big ideals yet overall it makes no sense with supporting Brison's policies which you find overall positive.
                I have no clue who "brison" is, and frankly, I don't care to.
                People make comment's, and I respond on that comment, conversations are fluid.
                What the hell does fishing and owning a honda civic have to do with a countries immigration laws?
                You spent a lot of time on that.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  Funny, there happen to be around a billion plus communists, they are generally called China.
                  There used to be more of them, US, something or other.
                  Chinese people live happily and everybody's equal (communism)? Yea that's what I thought.
                  It's a dictatorship with a brand name and you know it.

No, MAGA land is the dream of returning to "past glories" and living in them, which is impossible. Dreams being met are no longer dreams , but reality.
                  The "quest line" never ends, we just have bigger and bolder dreams.
                  It's their dream, just like yours. But we can't have both, one side has to emerge victorious. Staying idle won't help us in the pursuit of our dream, a green new deal dream. The right's agenda is a halt to progress, it must be stopped.

Am I?
                  Look at your own posts.
                  Conversations are organic, we start at A and end at Z because different points are raised. I "shift the debate around a lot" simply because I am responding to the shifts in conversation.
                  If you don't understand that, that's not my problem either.
                  Point taken, I'll try to snip some stuff so we get back on topic.

I trust the law because it is a bridge between those in power (governments and those with money), and the people.
                  Do I always agree with the law?
                  No.
                  Do I agree with law ENFORCEMENT sometimes?
                  HELL NO.
                  It's not perfect but yea I'll concede that there is no better system. Oversight committees are quite important.

Don't confuse abuse of power with law. A cop A single cop decided to abuse his authority, but if your car smells like a bong exploded in it, that's probable cause for ANY cop to go looking for more pot.
                  lol. It isn't probable cause, not in Canadian law. Smell is subjective. They can ask for a search, they can't force you to. Either way, we might've been stupid but not as stupid as to hit the bong in the car while driving.

Actually if you ever watched some of these stupid cop shows on TV you'll notice how the police ''ask'' for conscent to a search. Most people think they have to say yes, and they will ask that in a thousand different ways such as ''I will search your car, is it okay?'' ''Can I look in your car?'' ''We need to a search of your car'', etc.

Umm, you should have left your info on the car, and it went to trial because you didn't and the other person was an arsehole?
                  Well first off yea that person is an arsehole, she was a coworker actually and knew it was my car lol. As for the note, dude I was listening to some Chimaira or some sh*t, metal blasting through the speaker, my car barely scratched her's as it was only paint that was scratched, not even the metal. I didn't hear a thing, and leaving my car right next to her would be quite stupid wouldn't it?

My point on this is: The cop was mad because she had to wait 1-2 hours in the parking lot, and as a revenge she slapped me with a Hit and Run ticket which EVERYONE knows it would never stand in court.

It's not a BS event, it's a BS CASE and should have been handled by civil courts, not legal ones, and yes, they are different.
                  I know that, instead of having a ticket for damaging someone else's car I was charged with a criminal offense, by the sheer will of one pissed off individual who was out for blood (the biatch cop).

The judge exercised their discretion, as can the cops. You blame the cop (a human) but like the judge (a human)
                  Again, the law is flexible because unlike ideology it has a human influence.
                  Here's some example of flexibility of the law in this case. The arrestation code changed from the ticket to the proof report, and it was also a different one I was charged during trial. When I raised that to the judge during my defense he smiled and nodded. They literally changed what I was prosecuted for to give it a chance to suceed in court.

So is it cops, the law, or profiling?
                  You just told a story about being profiled, The cops being too harsh, and the judge letting you off.
                  I would say the law worked.
                  How much money was wasted for my case that had literally 0 chance of succeeding? Why did it go that far? A simple oversight commitee or police watchdog could've killed that case in the water. But cops have quotas to meet where I live, and that makes sense.

People make comment's, and I respond on that comment, conversations are fluid.
                  All good mate, I share the blame.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

It's their dream, just like yours. But we can't have both, one side has to emerge victorious. Staying idle won't help us in the pursuit of our dream, a green new deal dream. The right's agenda is a halt to progress, it must be stopped.
                    Well, when that progress is going the wrong way, it's a good idea to stop it.

If you're sliding down a pit into the mouth of the great sarnack, are you going to try to stop your progress?

Comment

If you're sliding down a pit into the mouth of the great sarnack, are you going to try to stop your progress?
                      It's also worth noting that "Progress!" yelled with a clenched fist was the battle cry of the Communists

Comment

Thing is your side of the political arena wants to stop things and not improve anything. Stop to immigration. Stop to bad trade deals. How about something else than stops for a change? If the Reps would have their way they'd time travel back in time.

The pit is Trump and the safety rope is AOC and the guy on top of the hole is Bernie, arms wide open waiting to hug you. Just grab the rope Annoyed.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Thing is your side of the political arena wants to stop things and not improve anything. Stop to immigration. Stop to bad trade deals. How about something else than stops for a change? If the Reps would have their way they'd time travel back in time.

The pit is Trump and the safety rope is AOC and the guy on top of the hole is Bernie, arms wide open waiting to hug you. Just grab the rope Annoyed.
                          Ya know, both paragraphs are the exact opposite of the way I see it.

I guess that's why we have so much fun arguing.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                            It's also worth noting that "Progress!" yelled with a clenched fist was the battle cry of the Communists
                            It's never too late to change comrade.

Ya know, both paragraphs are the exact opposite of the way I see it.

I guess that's why we have so much fun arguing.
                            You'll have even more fun when the Oval Office gets Comb'ed
                            Spoiler:

Comment

It's never too late to change comrade.

You'll have even more fun when the Oval Office gets Comb'ed
                              Yes, Trump's hairstyle is horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                                lemme guess "Regress" is yours?

Comment

Working...
                                X