This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    What I meant is how such an act is possible. Tell me if I'm wrong, but basically in the US, governors are absolute puppets and have no real powers?

That's messed up. Kind of like the guy in the hockey team that gets benched when there's tourney games.
    No, they have power, but like all stages of the US government, it's not supposed to be absolute. When the GOP got into power, they gave the GOP governer more power, and now that they have been voted out, they are moving the power back to the area they still currently control, the legislature.
    It's a good way to ignore the will of the people, at least for a little while.
    Cause, who cares what the people want.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

GOP, fiscal responsibility is good, right?
      https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...ws-up?ref=wrap

The friction came to a head in early 2017 when senior officials offered Trump charts and graphics laying out the numbers and showing a “hockey stick” spike in the national debt in the not-too-distant future. In response, Trump noted that the data suggested the debt would reach a critical mass only after his possible second term in office.
      “Yeah, but I won’t be here,” the president bluntly said,
      according to a source who was in the room when Trump made this comment during discussions on the debt.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        You know sh*t got real when you got a hockey stick spike in the charts.

Seriously though, how many times did we hit ourselves to a wall trying to explain economics to Trumpadours? They would have you say that his nationalist policies are doing miracles, the jobs snatchers are kept at bay. Meanwhile he's just been riding the Dems wave all along, eating burgers and bringing America into sh*t.

You know what's worse? The fact Trump said that is something that will trigger his fandom even more, believe it or not.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Its like I said, Trump only cares about himself
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Its like I said, Trump only cares about himself
            Yeah, but now we know HE is saying it as well.
            sigpic

Comment

Are you getting it yet GOP fanboi's?
              Has the results of Reganomics, and now trumpenomics starting to sink in yet?
              Or are you still blind?
              sigpic

Comment

Phew, I was worried about clicking on this thread - but I'm glad to see people recognize that Trump is a complete imbecile and completely unfit to be president
                sigpic
                signature art by lunasera

Comment

Originally posted by lunasera View Post
                  Phew, I was worried about clicking on this thread - but I'm glad to see people recognize that Trump is a complete imbecile and completely unfit to be president

If people did not know that already they can't be told otherwise.

Meanwhile in Australia

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-...lance/10591944

SPINELESS LABOR PARTY
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lunasera View Post
                    In YOUR opinion. Obviously, since he IS POTUS, a significant number of people think otherwise. He isn't perfect by a long shot, but he is a far better choice than Hillary would have been.

Comment

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...ws-up?ref=wrap
                      There is only one difference between Trump and every other administration over the past 50?? years or so.

Every administration & congress (which actually controls the purse) has been playing kick the can on this issue for decades.

The difference is that Trump is being honest about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                        In YOUR opinion. Obviously, since he IS POTUS, a significant number of people think otherwise. He isn't perfect by a long shot, but he is a far better choice than Hillary would have been.
                        An inferior number of people did, and that total keeps going down. Your continued assertion that Hillary would be worse is based on absolutely no evidence, so hang it up, ok?
                        The PEOPLE -REJECTED- Trump, the system as you are now finding out was abused to get him in. I'll give him (or allegedly his buddies) credit for working what matters more, but as you are discovering, winning at all costs, has a high price tag.
                        sigpic

Comment

There is only one difference between Trump and every other administration over the past 50?? years or so.

Every administration & congress (which actually controls the purse) has been playing kick the can on this issue for decades.
                          Garbage.
                          When G HRW Bush got told he would have to increase taxes, he did it, took the hit and managed to decrease the deficit. Bill managed to not only decrease the deficit, but pay a bit back on the Debt. GW Bush blew it to hell, and Obama managed to go from a GFC to decreasing the Deficit.
                          Trump doesn't care about you deficit, OR your Debt, cause it's not his problem.
                          The difference is that Trump is being honest about it.
                          Yeah, he is honestly telling you he does not give two hard turds about you, or anyone else as long as HE get's ahead.
                          "Well, at least the black hole says it sucks"

SAD.
                          sigpic

Comment

In the equality arena.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/06/w...in-prison.html

When Courtney Saunders was sentenced to two and a half years in prison for drug possession, everything in her life seemed to be falling apart. But perhaps the most agonizing aspect was that she would be separated from her daughters, then 4 and 2.

“Visits in jail took place behind plexiglass windows, no physical contact,” said Ms. Saunders. “I worried this would traumatize my daughters if they saw me like that. If we were given the chance to have a more child-friendly visit, that would have meant so much to the mothers there — it would have helped us hold onto some hope,” she said.
                            Excuse me? Aren't we supposed to be gender blind?

Or are we only supposed to make things easier for Women?

You can have equality, or you can have preferential treatment. But you can't have both.

And this applies to many more issues aside from women's equality.

Comment

I'm amazed that anyone could look at the last two years and not find that literally any other candidate would have been far, far, far better. Trump makes Senator Kinsey look like a reasonable and brilliant man.
                              sigpic
                              signature art by lunasera

Comment

Yeah, he is honestly telling you he does not give two hard turds about you, or anyone else as long as HE get's ahead.
                                "Well, at least the black hole says it sucks"

SAD.
                                Let's revisit my previous comment...

You know what's worse? The fact Trump said that is something that will trigger his fandom even more, believe it or not.
                                Confirmed.

In the equality arena.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/06/w...in-prison.html

Excuse me? Aren't we supposed to be gender blind?

Or are we only supposed to make things easier for Women?

You can have equality, or you can have preferential treatment. But you can't have both.

And this applies to many more issues aside from women's equality.
                                Not sure what relevance this has in the political thread. Generally speaking moms are always prioritized in a conjugal violence case, which is sad for many dads that are de-facto left apart from their child.

NOW that being said. This one case is classic US repression style right there. She goes to jail for 2.5 years for drug possession, which is absolutely ridiculous, and doesn't get to see her child because of this? Was she a dealer? No. Was she a smuggler? No. Did she kill someone? No. She had some dope on her, big deal. Instead of helping her (rehab, counselling, etc.) the state locks her up for 2.5 years, and guess what? She might come out of jail a criminal because that's what you need to become to survive.

US: Our prisons are overpopulated! Our criminals become hardened criminals when they leave jail!
                                US *Jails someone for marijuana possession* *racial profiling and warning shots* *Jail a kid for drinking before 21*

This issue is much bigger than this case. Your entire custodial system needs a major reform. Repression, as proven time and time again, does NOT work. Rehabilitation is the only way to integrate these folks back into society.
                                Spoiler:
                                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Working...
                                X