This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    the POtuS alone will just veto anything out of House (and House lacks 2/3 Dems to veto the veto) so their legislating power's useless
    You miss the point.
    The house is the only organization that can create law. trump can fill the judiciary with right wing appointee's, but neither he, nor the senate can create the laws that they would want to use that power with.
    The house also has oversight, investigation and subpoena powers, something the senate does not hold.
    and if House needs Senate consent for any defunding...
    They need each other.
    By sacrificing the house to keep the senate, he as put the ability to enforce (or ignore) law above the ability to create law.
    what exactly have the Dems gained from this election aside from the ability to "paralyse" the administration (to some extent)?
    What else could they get? Winning both houses was a pipe dream given what seats were up for re-election.
    They won the only battle they could actually win, and lost the battles they could not win by narrow margins in places they should have been spanked.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...rump-fires?amp

Do It!!!!!!!!

Do it Democrats. Do it.

Oh and some disguating behaviour. This is the kind of thing TINPOT DICTATORS in 3rd world countries do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BZ8ck_7cqk

Of course some of you will jump to his defense. Like the trash comments on that video.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

It seems like every pawn Trump nominates have vilain faces.

Well the man must be happy, easy job he was chosen to do (nothing). Anybody knows what's the salary for this position?
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
          It seems like every pawn Trump nominates have vilain faces.

Well the man must be happy, easy job he was chosen to do (nothing). Anybody knows what's the salary for this position?
          Not sure that is relevant.

What are you really getting at?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            You miss the point.
            The house is the only organization that can create law. trump can fill the judiciary with right wing appointee's, but neither he, nor the senate can create the laws that they would want to use that power with.
            big deal :/ house changes, Scotus remains constant (relatively) so by the time the neocons regain the house it will still be the same Scotus

so the Dems only got a reprieve

Comment

The guy who got the new job looks like some skinhead trash person

Comment

plus the LSOS can still "legislate" via EO-spamming (with the Scotus to back him up)

Comment

big deal :/ house changes, Scotus remains constant (relatively) so by the time the neocons regain the house it will still be the same Scotus

so the Dems only got a reprieve
                  The same would exist if the position was reversed.

plus the LSOS can still "legislate" via EO-spamming (with the Scotus to back him up)
                  No, he can't, the same way Obama could not legislate either. EO's can be struck down, laws are a tougher nut to crack.
                  sigpic

Comment

Not sure that is relevant.

What are you really getting at?
                    He is now in charge of overseeing the Mueller investigation?
                    Spoiler:
                    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

The same would exist if the position was reversed.

No, he can't, the same way Obama could not legislate either. EO's can be struck down, laws are a tougher nut to crack.
                      sur they can - either by courts (no longer an option unlike under Obama) or by next president only

so it hinges on 1) next presidential election being unrigged by Government, 2) King Don not declaring martial law before elections to postpone them sine die and 3) the Dems winning

else his EO's will be de facto laws

Comment

btw do you really see King Don stepping down even if he does lose?

I said this 2 years ago right after his election (when many ppl thought he'd quit. lol)

Comment

btw do you really see King Don stepping down even if he does lose?

I said this 2 years ago right after his election (when many ppl thought he'd quit. lol)

He will pull a Palpatine.......I'm calling it now.

Meanwhile another mass shooting

https://www.pe.com/2018/11/08/police...thousand-oaks/

Comment

the POtuS alone will just veto anything out of House (and House lacks 2/3 Dems to veto the veto) so their legislating power's useless

and if House needs Senate consent for any defunding...what exactly have the Dems gained from this election aside from the ability to "paralyse" the administration (to some extent)?
                            Quite right. This is known as "gridlock". In order to for a bill to become law, both the House and Senate must agree on a final version which is sent to the president, who can veto it. So, legislatively, the Democrats won't be able to advance any legislative agenda. By the same token, Trump cannot formally introduce legislation; he can probably get something introduced into the Senate, but the House won't go along, which stymies his legislative agenda. So both the Dems and the Repubs are stymied that way. Nothing gets done.

Trump and the Republicans are playing the long game here, and playing it very well. I've said this before, but I cannot overstate the importance of the the judiciary, which is by far the most powerful branch of govt., able to override any other branch. By keeping the Senate, Trump can continue to nominate proper-thinking judges to lifetime appointments throughout the federal judiciary, right up to the SCOTUS. Long term, this is a very good strategy.

The Democrats really shot themselves in the arse with their character assassination of Kavanaugh. If they had not pulled that stunt, they very well could have taken the Senate too, and have been much better off.

Comment

Define "proper thinking Judges" or do you mean Republican tow the line Judges to further their agenda...

Comment

The Dems never had a prayer of getting the Senate with or without your made up conspiracies
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X