This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Absolutely, people have the right to defend themselves, and absolutely, they should have the right to obtain weapons with which to do it. The govt. has no business taking guns away from law abiding citizens.

But we shouldn't have to live in an armed camp, either. Certainly, the should have had the right to be able to protect themselves with firearms if they chose to. Just because they chose not to doesn't mean its their fault some whack job decided to attack them. The blame for that lies squarely at the feet of the whack job, and no one else.
    Back when the Constitution was made, there wasn't any automatic and semi auto riffles/snipers around. Now literally one guy can shoot down 30 people with one clip, before anyone has even the time to draw a gun.

The principle of 2nd amendment might have been relevant back then, not anymore. Guns have evolved too much to be trusted to every citizens.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

The blame for that lies squarely at the feet of the whack job, and no one else.
      True...and your Whack-Job-In-Cheif made it possible for whack jobs to obtain guns by rolling back the Obama provision that prevented people with mental illnesses from buying guns. Mango Mussolini is really making America great! (and yes...that was sarcasm)
      sigpic

Comment

I am sorry, but I genuinely do not understand America's gun laws.
        Just how big a gun can an ordinary citizen own under the constitution.
        If I was an American citizen could I for instance own a surface to air missile like the one that brought down that Air Malaysia Passenger plane? Or could I own a Sherman tank & drive around Washington clearing all traffic jams in front of me?
        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Only the military is supposed to have such weapons
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
            To answer that, you would have to define "arms" a term the pro gun lobby seems highly anxious to avoid defining in solid terms.
            If I was an American citizen could I for instance own a surface to air missile like the one that brought down that Air Malaysia Passenger plane? Or could I own a Sherman tank & drive around Washington clearing all traffic jams in front of me?
            Under gun nut theory, yes, you could. The entire argument is "you cannot define what "arms" are" as it is meant to mean "right to defend yourself" (which it is not), and if you are needing a tank to do it, or a TOW, then go for it.
            You could shoot a SAM at your neighbours drone for going over your "airspace" if you wanted to.
            You can't clear traffic jams though, because that would fall under wilful destruction of property laws, not gun laws (unless you can prove threat)
            People open carry high fire rate rifles (by which I mean weapons capable for 600 RPM or higher) in many states, and there is nothing to be done about it.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              Under gun nut theory, yes, you could.
              I think all high-yield explosive charges are illegal? So you could own a tank that shoots blanks

You could shoot a SAM at your neighbours drone for going over your "airspace" if you wanted to.
              Honey!!
              What troubles you dear wife?
              The neighbor's drone is trespassing our airspace! AGAIN!!
              Say no more. *hops on AA missile turret*
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Well the M203 is a grenade launcher that can be owned in the USA. Why would anyone need to buy one?
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                  I do not believe that a tank would be legal on the street.

Comment

No, but not for 2nd amendment issues.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      Well the M203 is a grenade launcher that can be owned in the USA. Why would anyone need to buy one?
                      Dude you need to protect yourself in case your home is besieged by armored vehicles / Mexican commandos, everybody knows that.

Basically grenades are legal, over that I think it isn't. Pretty sure they can't plant claymores and C4's on their lawn, which could come in handy in case a girl scout decides to stop by to sell her unsolicited products, violating your amendments and freedom.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

I'm not 100% sure about tanks, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could in some specific states, once your tank is street legal. Get rid of the firing system, put seat belts on, mirrors and flashers and you're good to go? I mean I've seen a guy going around in the boat-car that you can see in Spongebomb, tank isn't that far of a stretch.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                          I'm not 100% sure about tanks, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could in some specific states, once your tank is street legal. Get rid of the firing system, put seat belts on, mirrors and flashers and you're good to go? I mean I've seen a guy going around in the boat-car that you can see in Spongebomb, tank isn't that far of a stretch.
                          The issue is not -having- a tank, it's the damage a 20 ton metal tracked vehicle would do to a public street.
                          Again, the tank is not the issue, it's the non weapon related issue's.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                            And then you would have to pass emissions testing......

Comment

Ok, just in case I don't get on later tonight, I just want to remind all the Republican posters here to vote for the crook of your choice tomorrow.

Below is obviously not to be taken seriously.

Democrats, you vote Wednesday.

Comment

Nice try, make sure to wear your tinfoil hat at the ballot tomorrow buddy.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X