This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    So, how did you feel about 2009-2011, when the Democrats had both houses of Congress and the White House?
    You mean when the Replicants blocked Obama from his SCOTUS pick, not even giving Garland a shot at a hearing? And now you have a biased potential predator judge instead.

Feels like Rick from Pawnstars was in charge of this deal.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-Issac Asimov
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

So, how did you feel about 2009-2011, when the Democrats had both houses of Congress and the White House?
        You do realise I said -either- party, right?
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
          “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-Issac Asimov
          Shut up you elitist and get me a beer.
          Beer good!!
          sigpic

Comment

Problem is that the govt. has not been following the restrictions laid down by the Constitution. It hasn't even been paying lip service to it for a long time now.
            Don't just say it, prove it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              Shut up you elitist and get me a beer.
              Beer good!!
              Beer good - Steal our jobs bad
              Spoiler:

Comment

You mean when the Replicants blocked Obama from his SCOTUS pick, not even giving Garland a shot at a hearing? And now you have a biased potential predator judge instead.

Feels like Rick from Pawnstars was in charge of this deal.
                Wasn't that 2016? I was referring to 2009-2011, when the shoe was on the other foot.

Comment

Beer good - Steal our jobs bad
                  sigpic

Comment

Rum better
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

If you drink Rum when the sun is still up, you're not an alcoholic, you're a pirate.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Maybe im both

*makes Chaka walk the plank*
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                          So a system that allows every state in the Union to have a say is a broken one...gotcha.....bet you'd rather all the people in the largely rural states in flyover country had no say at all in who gets to be elected president
                          Not to mention if it weren't for the Democrats allowing peoplem who aren't even citizens to vote, and also not being above doing a little grave-robbing for votes in places like Chicago and also not being above hiring the Black Nazis Panthers to do a little voter intimidation I betcha Trump probably would've also got the popular vote lock, stock, and 2 smokin' barrels
                          But what about voter suppression? Even annoyed admits that the GOP practices voter suppression. How many more people would have voted against Trump had the GOP never practiced voter suppression?

I see you no longer believe that accusations require evidence and proof? Because those are just nothing more than sore loser accusations. Why did we loose? Because those brown people are not real Americans. They are illegals!.

The actual stats on voter fraud show fraud as being relatively low. Yes you have people who are registered in multiple jurisdictions...some of those people are in Trump's administration because not many people bother unregistering when they move, not because it is fraud.

When this country was forming, the smaller states would have never joined if they weren't given an equal voice with the large states.
                          That was then, we are talking about today.

You do realize that there is a reason why an actual democracy is called TYRANNY of the majority, right? This is why the government of our country is not an actual democracy but a republic, where both the people and the government are constrained by the Constitution.
                          So you prefer Tyranny of the minority? That's basically what you are arguing for.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            But what about voter suppression? Even annoyed admits that the GOP practices voter suppression. How many more people would have voted against Trump had the GOP never practiced voter suppression?

I see you no longer believe that accusations require evidence and proof? Because those are just nothing more than sore loser accusations. Why did we loose? Because those brown people are not real Americans. They are illegals!.

The actual stats on voter fraud show fraud as being relatively low. Yes you have people who are registered in multiple jurisdictions...some of those people are in Trump's administration because not many people bother unregistering when they move, not because it is fraud.

That was then, we are talking about today.

So you prefer Tyranny of the minority? That's basically what you are arguing for.
                            you fall asleep in history class? tyranny of the minority is not what we have, it is not a democracy either but a republic

as an old saying goes "democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.....a republic is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

Comment

you fall asleep in history class? tyranny of the minority is not what we have, it is not a democracy either but a republic

as an old saying goes "democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.....a republic is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"
                              no it's a minority with all power over the majority but it's not tyranny of the minority :|

your republic is 1 wolf & 2 lambs deciding what's for dinner (the wolf is the electoral college)

Comment

When this country was forming, the smaller states would have never joined if they weren't given an equal voice with the large states.
                                When this country was forming, the smaller states would have never joined if slavery was going to be abolished, nor if blacks were allowed to vote or women for that matter.

Do you still need state militias to defend the States sovereignty? Well if you say yes to that, good luck trying to overthrow the US armyYour electoral system needs a reform, and you're not the only one, many countries including Canada needs it too, although the impact of its current system isn't as grave as yours.

These rules and old laws are not fit to be used with a population as big as the current one. Get out of the past for crying out loud!
                                Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

That was then, we are talking about today..
                                I tend to think that the founding fathers were a heck of a lot smarter than the gang of idiots running things today. They set up a system whereby the smaller states have a voice. And no, it is not an equal voice. The House is based on population, more populous states get a bigger say.

Situations in NY, Colorado, California and some other states demonstrate their wisdom. Although they are doomed to fail, many rural people in those states want to leave their states and form a new state because they have no voice in their state govt. The needs of rural folks are different from those in urban areas and they deserve to have their voices heard.

Comment

Working...
                                X