This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    But it does -in your case-, we have already seen that.
    How?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      And yet another tax cut...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/30/u...cuts-rich.html

Who exactly is benefiting from this?
      The theory of adjusting capital gains for inflation does make sense. But the Constitution grants taxation powers to the Congress, not the executive branch. So that's where it should be done.
      I don't think he could get away with doing it by executive order or the deep state via IRS regulations without a huge court fight that he would likely lose.

Comment

welcome to the truth.... congress.... is just as George Lucas predicted... sadly.... they dont want to deal with dead relatives because they destroyed a cartel or fought a legislative battle against corruption that affectsmore then america... its just corruption backed violence and the threat of violence...

of course Trump can get away with it(doing what he wants as far as pushing legislation or fighting cartels).... he doesnt care about people shooting him and the cartels would be unwise to make him more popular and more sympathetic by targeting his family... so he passes by on top of everything in part thanks to his insane super power of being 'too corrupt to be corrupted by others' :/

Comment

Originally posted by AleksisMi View Post
          welcome to the truth.... congress.... is just as George Lucas predicted... sadly.... they dont want to deal with dead relatives because they destroyed a cartel or fought a legislative battle against corruption that affectsmore then america... its just corruption backed violence and the threat of violence...

of course Trump can get away with it(doing what he wants as far as pushing legislation or fighting cartels).... he doesnt care about people shooting him and the cartels would be unwise to make him more popular and more sympathetic by targeting his family... so he passes by on top of everything in part thanks to his insane super power of being 'too corrupt to be corrupted by others' :/
          This govt. has been corrupt beyond belief for a long time before Trump ever though of being in politics.
          Nice try at blaming him though.

Comment

But I thought they were trying to drain the swamp not fill it back up.
            Easy to do with a small loan of one million dollars.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            The theory of adjusting capital gains for inflation does make sense. But the Constitution grants taxation powers to the Congress, not the executive branch. So that's where it should be done.
            I don't think he could get away with doing it by executive order or the deep state via IRS regulations without a huge court fight that he would likely lose.
            Explain to me how this helps the working class? Billy-Bob would like a word with you.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
              Easy to do with a small loan of one million dollars.

Explain to me how this helps the working class? Billy-Bob would like a word with you.
              It wouldn't. Which is why it will never make it through the legislature. Although I can understand the reasoning behind the idea, I was mostly just commenting on the end run around the proper process.

Comment

actually i was saying he was too corrupt to be caught by the same traps the other congressmen seem to fall into, and too seemingly imperious to care about attempted assassinations or attacks on him or others... ive noticed he often prefers to walk infront of Melania particularly when he first became president, almost as if daring anyone to try to shoot at him, but making sure no one else would get hit if they did do something so horrifically foolish

Comment

I did not say uniquely, but who wants it more in the US?

But it does -in your case-, we have already seen that.
                  There's a problem with your question. How can we measure "more"? Do buddhists want it more than Christians? Do Muslims? Or Jews? Or Hindus? All of those have the same issues with Abortion.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AleksisMi View Post
                    actually i was saying he was too corrupt to be caught by the same traps the other congressmen seem to fall into, and too seemingly imperious to care about attempted assassinations or attacks on him or others... ive noticed he often prefers to walk infront of Melania particularly when he first became president, almost as if daring anyone to try to shoot at him, but making sure no one else would get hit if they did do something so horrifically foolish
                    Nah, that's just the wife showing proper respect for the husband.. 2 steps behind and to the left (or was it the right?)

Comment

https://apnews.com/d4f460b9ae0c41389...ction-security

Why even bother protecting elections?

It's all too hard.
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                        How?
                        by your own words.
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                          There's a problem with your question. How can we measure "more"? Do buddhists want it more than Christians? Do Muslims? Or Jews? Or Hindus? All of those have the same issues with Abortion.
                          No, there is a problem in your reading of my statement "who wants it more in the US."
                          Buddhists and Hindis are hardly a blip on the religious radar of the US, and the other 3 worship the same god.
                          sigpic

Comment

https://apnews.com/d4f460b9ae0c41389...ction-security

Why even bother protecting elections?

It's all too hard.
                            No, it's not too hard, it's just too inconvenient.

Here's how you do it. You scrap all of the electronic, networked, computer driven voting devices that were adopted en masse after some voters in Florida were too stupid to vote for Al Gore in 2000 and go back to the simple mechanical and paper ballot systems that were in place before then.

There is no pressing need to have computerized voting machines, let alone connecting them to networks.

Comment

No, there is a problem in your reading of my statement "who wants it more in the US."
                              Buddhists and Hindis are hardly a blip on the religious radar of the US, and the other 3 worship the same god.
                              What possible reading of that statement is there? For example, "wanting it more" isn't dependent on numerical supremacy...I don't see how that could even begin to factor into "wanting it more". Star Wars fans want a new Star Wars movie more than non-Star Wars fans...not because there are more star wars fans, but because star wars fans are more invested in it than non-fans for rather obvious reasons. Even if there were only ten Star Wars fans in all the world, the statement would still ring true. Those ten last remaining fans would want a new Star Wars movie more than the 7 Billion plus non-fans.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                                What possible reading of that statement is there? For example, "wanting it more" isn't dependent on numerical supremacy...I don't see how that could even begin to factor into "wanting it more". Star Wars fans want a new Star Wars movie more than non-Star Wars fans...not because there are more star wars fans, but because star wars fans are more invested in it than non-fans for rather obvious reasons. Even if there were only ten Star Wars fans in all the world, the statement would still ring true. Those ten last remaining fans would want a new Star Wars movie more than the 7 Billion plus non-fans.
                                I think this is the stupidest thing you have ever posted.
                                Star wars fans don't affect the law or public policy in the slightest, and comparing them to voting for government?
                                You claimed I moved the goalposts, you are playing a different game here.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X