Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice 180 degree turn they did on illegals. So some can stay to help the farmers because reasons.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...m_npd_nn_fb_ma

Yeah what was that about illegals?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Of course we can. Its why politicians who I disagree with don't repluse me. I don't hate Bush or Obama despite having wide different political platforms. They aren't terrible people no matter what their views. The same can't be said of Trump. Nice goalposts moving to rant about your same old immigrants ranting. Where is Carter's horse?
      Ok, let's rant about Free Trade. Everybody's panties are in a bunch because the US is talking about imposing tariffs.
      Why aren't people bothered by the EU's imposition of tariffs against US products? As I understand it, they have something called "the common customs tariff", which is applied to goods coming in from outside the EU. From what I've read, they can be quite stiff. 10 - 25% for cars and trucks from one article I read.

But the US is supposed to keep our markets open, right? Nonsense.

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmon..._United_States
        sigh.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

For us Aussies.

What do people think of the government now wanting the Australian Signals Directorate to have access to our phone calls and emails?

Is there anyone else they want to allow to look at this stuff? Of course the reasons are "think of the children and terrorism" and Dutton was ummning and aaahing his way to explain this stuff.

Are not the current laws we have good enough? Don't we already have data retention laws?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            Nice 180 degree turn they did on illegals. So some can stay to help the farmers because reasons.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...m_npd_nn_fb_ma

Yeah what was that about illegals?
            I disagree with that decision, as does apparently a significant portion of the audience in that speech.

Although its not clear whether they will be "illegal", because he's talking about allowing them, if goes ahead with this, it's going to antagonize his support base.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              Ok, let's rant about Free Trade. Everybody's panties are in a bunch because the US is talking about imposing tariffs.
              Why aren't people bothered by the EU's imposition of tariffs against US products? As I understand it, they have something called "the common customs tariff", which is applied to goods coming in from outside the EU. From what I've read, they can be quite stiff. 10 - 25% for cars and trucks from one article I read.

But the US is supposed to keep our markets open, right? Nonsense.
              You are just proving my point
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                Who else but Trump had the same politics as Trump? Was any other candidate of either party offering the same policies on important issues such as Trade, Illegal immigration, to name but two? No.
                See...in Mango Mussolini's case...I never liked the man (since the mid 1980s), and I don't like his politics. I'm surprised he hasn't put a coating of gold on everything in the White House. BTW...I wonder if he's taking his salary or if he's not like he promised.

Where is Carter's horse?

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                It was starting to stink up the place.
                sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

He needs ones for moving goalposts and missing points
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

He needs ones for moving goalposts and missing points
                      I'll see what I can do!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                        See...in Mango Mussolini's case...I never liked the man (since the mid 1980s), and I don't like his politics. I'm surprised he hasn't put a coating of gold on everything in the White House. BTW...I wonder if he's taking his salary or if he's not like he promised.

The horse is immortal!

Quite seriously, it is. Neither one of us has much of a chance of changing the other's mind.
                        You may not like Trump for many reasons, but current and in the past. That's your right. I obviously have a different view. I think the chance to push the nation in what I consider to be the right direction after decades of moving the wrong way is worth putting up with his drawbacks.

However, that doesn't make either of us right or wrong. We just have different opinions.

Comment

Yes it does. You are wrong. Seeing pass unethical and probably illegal actions is wrong no matter what politics he promotes
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Kayne West made a rather unusual statement.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/kany...ve-1202794243/

I think he has a few issues.

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8cdc81bd5d76
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X