This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I shall try to locate it again... but it's been a while since I posted about it.
    But I'll give it my best shot.

It reminds me of another time period, some 79 years ago... it's on the tip of my tongue but I can't quite remember what it was again.. Anyone any ideas what I might be looking for?

I think it was something big... or led into something big...

Was it something that began in Berlin?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
      Breeders? Seriously? Maybe some people *want* to do that, but not ALL Christians / evangelicals.
      You missed his point.
      It's not about "breeding", it's about the role of women and them being of no use besides breeding.
      This is the role evangelicals throw women into, and as a non-breeder, you are a failure of a woman.
      I -DON'T- agree with that, but that is the view of your leaders.
      Do you understand that -I- am defending YOU?
      Spoiler:
      I've been a Christian my entire life, and "Breeding" human babies has NEVER been on my mind. Breeding miniature horses for providing therapy to handicapped children, YES. But not on the personal human level... My sister's pregnancies soured me on EVER having my own kids (she had both natural AND Caesarean)-- scared the bejeebies for actual delivering birth (you get surgically cut in both methods, and many moms just look at this as "oh well, that's life...!" uhhhhh... maybe to them!!!). The natural method still involves surgery where the slicing is VERY painful, because it's where you go Pee and burns like fire until it heals!!!
      I am glad you were not Eve, or even Lillith, the human race would not exist.

A USA "theocracy" won't ever happen, unless the Dems are completely removed from power positions and rendered neutered. On the other hand, if the Muslims gain complete control of the gov't, a theocracy is very possible. Christians in the gov't know where their limits are permitted and not. If the constitution is ever removed, it won't be because "fundamental" Christians in gov't positions removed it. The removal will happen from other forces (Dems) working against the Constitution and replacing it with some one-world, globally enforced LAW.
      Do you even comprehend how stupid this sounds?
      Christians have no frigging clue where policy starts and belief ends. At its most benign, it's the "war on Christmas", at it's worst, well, look to history.
      Currently and for several decades now, the United Nations is acting as the one-world backdrop to push for this one-world objective / goal. Everyone working in gov't agencies use the United Nations regulatory book as the ultimate, final SOURCE of gov't info. Even the USA gov't under President Trump is still using this UN book as the final guide source. What happens regulatory wise can be overturned, but most likely will occur on a temporary ruling. Whoever gets into the USA office after Trump has left, will most likely turn those regs back to UN mandate, if the rulings are not there already. Besides hearing some gov't rumored rumblings, even in the Federal (and State) Registers, this is the most likely scenario that will happen.
      You -do- realise why the UN and it's predecessor were set up, right?
      Fretting over "OMG, the fundies (fundamentalists / evangelicals) are taking over the whole world!!!" is just hogwash.
      Is that like Soros taking over the world as well, or is that "special"?
      That is not how the prophecies read anyway. The liberals are expected to take over and consume the whole planet. I'd say that is the biblical answer, because it is. And if the USA's liberal California is any shining example of what is in store for the rest of the USA when the rest of the USA returns to the Dems complete control, that's a sad view of what to expect for all of us.
      Wow, I never knew the Bible mentioned Liberal, what version are you reading?
      California is so messed up in its regulations and philosophies on how certain, popular folks over there believe the gov't should be run, etc., it's going to be a very sad day for the USA, when we (the rest of us USA states) get cloned into what California already is.
      Which people?

Please Listen to what Annoyed has noted. This is the TRUTH. As I noted in the "prophecy" topic, Trump is just a (temporary) bump in the fabric of time... a small reprieve to many industry and business people.
      What "truth"?
      You know what is telling in that comment?
      You are defending business, not the poor.

.............the following info might be a slight sidetrack to the above comments, but is self-explanatory (and unfortunately there are too many overlaps with these discussions)..............

Not everyone sees capitalism as a positive when those folks who cannot work due to handicaps or injuries need assistance from other sources -- such as gov't help. Independence is better when the private sector can sustain itself with 24-hour care, if that is required and personal finances are readily available. However, some people legitimately need extra gov't help/assistance. Eventually, those same non-working folks end up in nursing homes under STATE controlled health care. The are essentially wards of the STATE, and lose everything they've ever owned to the STATE. They also end up at the mercy of the doctors and folks "caring" for them, so it's not all bliss and roses, except for the nasty, prickly thorns proverbially hiding underneath waiting for the more unlucky ones who have to endure living thru that sort of lifestyle.

I worked in a nursing home on each resident/patient's actual overall health "care plans", so I know this is what happens. It also happened when private care ran out for my husband's dad (his own savings account was completely drained), then the State's health care system took over from the private sector, and everything else "dad" owned was absorbed by the nursing home first (to pay all the bills). After State care kicked in, "dad" essentially was at their mercy, until he was unable to heal from pneumonia issues (4 times he was sent to the hospital for this). Whether his level of care was ignored until he literally got worse, I don't know. I just know he died after the 4th round. Docs told us that they didn't want to prescribe any more antibiotics and simply let his bodily systems shut down.
      They are all poor, they deserve it for not dragging themselves up by their bootstraps.
      I have no reason to care about them, they are a drain on my resources.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        Our national debt is now higher than our GDP. Just take a moment and consider what that means.
        I got a 1000 dollar bonus, so we are good, right?
        sigpic

Comment

Our national debt is now higher than our GDP. Just take a moment and consider what that means.
          That you are on par with Italy and Ireland.

Japan's debt to GDP ratio is 237%. Singapore, 111%. Belgium, 105%.

On the other hand, the ever-so-healthy economy of Congo has debt-to-GDP ratio of 20%. Botswana, 14%. Algeria's debt is less than 9% of its GDP. Equatorial Guinea, 8%. The net government debt of Belarus, that shining economic beacon of Europe, is zero.

Economic metrics are tricky business.
          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            The economy is slightly more complicated. For one, the effects of many of trump's decisions won't be felt for decades to come. Stuff like rolling back environmental legislation will take years to be felt in full. Raising the debt by a trillion dollars will haunt the US for decades. It's not like the US hasn't been suffering from shutdowns in the past, there's another shutdown looming and with a trillion extra dollars in debt it'll likely cause only more problems on the long run.
            I didn't mention a time frame, for a reason...

You're in deep, deep, deep, deep doo-doo?

Breeders?
            Reminds me of that hilarious blooper made by Alan Tudyk in Serenity. The line was supposed to go something along the line of "Reaver raiding parties" but he messed up and said "Reaver breeding parties". They lost it right there and then, all of them ruining a perfectly good shot.

A USA "theocracy" won't ever happen, unless the Dems are completely removed from power positions and rendered neutered.
            Err... the GOP controls both Senate and House...

On the other hand, if the Muslims gain complete control of the gov't, a theocracy is very possible. Christians in the gov't know where their limits are permitted and not.

Christians in the gov't do NOT know their limits. They can't make that distinction between church and state, or bible law and constitutional law.

So, how many Muslims are in a governmental position?
            Better yet, what's the percentage of Muslim faith in the US? -- Without looking it up -- take a guess. **

If the constitution is ever removed, it won't be because "fundamental" Christians in gov't positions removed it. The removal will happen from other forces (Dems) working against the Constitution and replacing it with some one-world, globally enforced LAW.
            Notwithstanding, that it's a Republican who's steering the country head long into a constitutional crisis as we write this. *shrug*

...Trump is just a (temporary) bump in the fabric of time... a small reprieve to many industry and business people.
            ten times over...

...felt throughout years to come.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            Was it something that began in Berlin?
            Yeah, maybe... that does ring a bell...

Originally posted by Womble View Post
            ...Belgium, 105%
            *snort*

We're always in deep, deep doo-doo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
            ** Answer to the Muslims in the USA question:
            Spoiler:

Religions in America: http://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/

Christian faiths: 70.6%
            Non-Christian faits: 5.9%

Muslims: 0.9%

Yes, you're reading that correctly: ZERO POINT NINE!
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

A USA "theocracy" won't ever happen, unless the Dems are completely removed from power positions and rendered neutered. On the other hand, if the Muslims gain complete control of the gov't, a theocracy is very possible. Christians in the gov't know where their limits are permitted and not. If the constitution is ever removed, it won't be because "fundamental" Christians in gov't positions removed it. The removal will happen from other forces (Dems) working against the Constitution and replacing it with some one-world, globally enforced LAW.
              Wow! Have you ever studied history? Have you ever seen how Christians oppress others who don't follow their beliefs? Just wow...that comment is wholly ignorant, sir. In just my life time, I've seen religion, mainly Christian Fundamentalist beliefs, creep into the government. Whatever happened to separation of church and State?

Fretting over "OMG, the fundies (fundamentalists / evangelicals) are taking over the whole world!!!" is just hogwash. That is not how the prophecies read anyway. The liberals are expected to take over and consume the whole planet. I'd say that is the biblical answer, because it is. And if the USA's liberal California is any shining example of what is in store for the rest of the USA when the rest of the USA returns to the Dems complete control, that's a sad view of what to expect for all of us. California is so messed up in its regulations and philosophies on how certain, popular folks over there believe the gov't should be run, etc., it's going to be a very sad day for the USA, when we (the rest of us USA states) get cloned into what California already is.

Please Listen to what Annoyed has noted. This is the TRUTH. As I noted in the "prophecy" topic, Trump is just a (temporary) bump in the fabric of time... a small reprieve to many industry and business people.
              Prophecies? Really? Maybe you can show us where these prophecies are written that state the "Democrats" and/or "liberals" will 'take over and consume' the whole planet.

I do agree and am thankful for one thing. That Mango Mussolini is temporary...a bump in the fabric of time.

Wow...just wow. Reading these comments reminds me of the episode of Law & OrderVU that I watched last night.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                Whatever happened to separation of church and State?
                You're talking about a nation where it is common for leaders to say "god bless America" and the last president to not be explicitly religious was accused of being a secret evil non-american muslim.

Furthermore, the USA is just about the most christian nation in the world. Even saying "happy holidays" gets the conservatives riled up.

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                Economic metrics are tricky business.
                That's not the danger of the US debt. Rather, it's that it leads to shutdowns, which in turn lead to difficult fights over laws etc. In a time where the economy is getting back on track (thanks, Obama!), jobs are being made (thanks, Obama!) and massive government spending has averted an even more major crisis than it was hit with (thanks, Obama!), it's time to cruise for a while. More government instability isn't needed in a time like this. Yet, with the US tending to ever more extremist ideas, ever more partisan beliefs and the disintegration of a middle ground, the debt will only lead to more shutdowns and more extreme ones.

Keep in mind that the current shutdown still has to be resolved, the dems only agreed to temporary funding.

A USA "theocracy" won't ever happen, unless the Dems are completely removed from power positions and rendered neutered. On the other hand, if the Muslims gain complete control of the gov't, a theocracy is very possible.
                Wait, so a theocracy would be a good thing in your book?

Also, i'm not sure how the 0.9% of muslims would take over the american system. Despite all the "freedom of belief" stuff, i very rarely see christians campaigning for muslims enacting their faith, e.g. with hijabs, and a near zero tolerance for other religious holidays (see: war on christmas BS).
                Last edited by thekillman; 01 February 2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

That's not the danger of the US debt. Rather, it's that it leads to shutdowns, which in turn lead to difficult fights over laws etc. In a time where the economy is getting back on track (thanks, Obama!), jobs are being made (thanks, Obama!) and massive government spending has averted an even more major crisis than it was hit with (thanks, Obama!), it's time to cruise for a while. More government instability isn't needed in a time like this. Yet, with the US tending to ever more extremist ideas, ever more partisan beliefs and the disintegration of a middle ground, the debt will only lead to more shutdowns and more extreme ones.

Keep in mind that the current shutdown still has to be resolved, the dems only agreed to temporary funding.
                  That wouldn't be a problem if the Democrats could accept that they lost the election and don't run things anymore.

Who was it that said "Elections have consequences" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    That wouldn't be a problem if the Democrats could accept that they lost the election and don't run things anymore.

Who was it that said "Elections have consequences" ?
                    House, senate and president, still blaming democrats.........
                    Perhaps it would be less of a problem if the repubs accepted that they have it all, and still can't get anything done.
                    sigpic

Comment

You're talking about a nation where it is common for leaders to say "god bless America" and the last president to not be explicitly religious was accused of being a secret evil non-american muslim.

Furthermore, the USA is just about the most christian nation in the world. Even saying "happy holidays" gets the conservatives riled up.
                      As someone who grew up in the US...and I grew up saying "God Bless America." I don't see wishing a blessing on a country as violating church and state. ROFLMAO...the most "Christian nation in the world." Now that THAT was funny! People in this country have strayed so far from the teachings of Christ that it is by no means a "Christian" country. Many here would like to believe it, but it is not.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sorry, but when Santa, Mrs. Claus and all of their elves are required to say "Merry Christmas" -- those of us who say it, stick to the script we've been asked to perform with.
                        If I am portraying a Santa Claus' family album character, I say what I have been asked to say, and if I see someone who might not be comfortable in the audience, I do wish them "Happy Holidays" (or whatever), because that's just me being generous to the broader audience POV. Otherwise, if I am "in" character, I am required to say "Merry Christmas".

When I asked a fellow character-mate (it was "Santa Claus") what to say to a Muslim family, who showed up, he said to say "Merry Christmas" because if they didn't want to hear it, they wouldn't or shouldn't be there in the audience to begin with. End of story.

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                        As someone who grew up in the US...and I grew up saying "God Bless America." I don't see wishing a blessing on a country as violating church and state. ROFLMAO...the most "Christian nation in the world." Now that THAT was funny! People in this country have strayed so far from the teachings of Christ that it is by no means a "Christian" country. Many here would like to believe it, but it is not.
                        THANK you!!! For once, I actually agree whole-heartedly with all of the above, except for the extreme laughter portion. (Might give an bunch of eyerolls about that instead)

It's more of a sad POV, because people are so ignorant of what they are doing in contrast to what is expected from them ~ if the so-called "Christians" truly were to live according to what Jesus and the rest of Greek Testament state to do so. Of course, I personally find some of (the apostle) Paul's "teachings" a bit overly strict with the "woman" stuff. I know what the Pastors say why it's in there, as the woman is to submit to the husband in all things (except if violence is committed by the husband)...

The head-scarf is symbolic (and Paul even acknowledged that symbolic connection, which is specifically in 1st Corinthians 11:3-16... Paul is basically being a nit-picky "legalist" there). Jesus removed the need for the covering and exposed it bare, while Paul enforces the Jewish laws over people approaching the Temple with "Holy" reverence, etc. Time and a place for everything -- yes, but some of Paul's answers are overly strict -- At ALL times, even tho Paul claims that is *not* the case. I've been in Churches that waver between outright strictness vs. "liberal anything goes". It confuses the newbies trying to learn this stuff and comprehend what is the proper time and place to do specific things within the Church or "Temple of God".

Funny, weird, or strange thing about the ladies covering their hair when praying (at all times?)... when Jesus said to pray, he said to go into your closet and pray... well, I've been literally in a closet and done exactly that... I've been in the bathroom, doing hygienic things -- paused, and prayed just like that, too... Did exactly what Jesus said to do... which kind of makes Paul's approach to the "Throne of God" look awkward. So, which prayers get answered any better? Those within the Church? or those in one's closet or bathroom, or while taking a shower...?
                        Sorry about the visuals, but I'm being *realistic* with this question.

As I mentioned earlier, except for the hair covering details, the "Christianity" that has crept into our "Churches" is NOT biblical Christianity. It is watered down, and something else -- *lukewarm* in nature .... but I've heard many people claim their version of "Christianity" is Progressive in nature, and constantly changing to keep up with the times.... It compromises and changes the originally intended doctrines of the Bible into something else to "fit" more comfortably with the desires of the people. That's the way it is, and has been turning into that more and more probably since the late 1990's.
                        Last edited by SGalisa; 01 February 2018, 07:21 PM. Reason: fix typo

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Err... the GOP controls both Senate and House...

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          House, senate and president, still blaming democrats.........
                          Perhaps it would be less of a problem if the repubs accepted that they have it all, and still can't get anything done.
                          No they don't. They are missing ten seats (in the Senate?) to make the 61 majority vote difference. THAT is *what* blocks them from passing ALL rules quickly and efficiently. This has been stated before in one of these political / hot topics. Vice President Pence can give the extra 1 vote to turn a Republican 50 seat approval vote into 51 votes. That still falls SHORT of the 60 or 61 needed to pass a majority voting process.

Plus, it doesn't help when certain "turncoats" like John McCain, Rubio, and a bunch of other Repubs have deliberately opposed Trump at various points in getting certain amendments/rules/laws passed. These people were voting against Trump's policy making, not siding in agreement with him.

Comment

No they don't. They are missing ten seats (in the Senate?) to make the 61 majority vote difference. THAT is *what* blocks them from passing ALL rules quickly and efficiently. This has been stated before in one of these political / hot topics. Vice President Pence can give the extra 1 vote to turn a Republican 50 seat approval vote into 51 votes. That still falls SHORT of the 60 or 61 needed to pass a majority voting process.

Plus, it doesn't help when certain "turncoats" like John McCain, Rubio, and a bunch of other Repubs have deliberately opposed Trump at various points in getting certain amendments/rules/laws passed. These people were voting against Trump's policy making, not siding in agreement with him.
                            On many issues, they do have the *nuclear option" of changing the rules so that a simple majority is all that is required. This has been done already for SCOTUS appointments. But we don't have unity on the Republican side; even if they do go nuclear on some issues, they can't muster te 51 votes.

Comment

So, you don't want control, you want total dominance?
                              First, they came for my senate, then my congress, then my president, what will they do if I do not agree?
                              (Pardon to Womble, I know the origin of that)
                              SO, dear leader is above reproach?

I wonder how people come up with this "misguided" and "totally false" impression that trump wants to be a dictator, and you like that idea.
                              Hmmmm.............
                              sigpic

Comment

He's a dictator in training.... He still has diapers on
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X