Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very true. Enhanced techniques do have the major downside of false information generation. You cannot cast a wide net for information outlets and apply these techniques, unless you are prepared for an overwhelming amount of bad intel. In times where you have a high degree of confidence that an individual has information you need, then go all in. Also, the fingernail factories are farmed out to nations like Egypt.

Comment

Originally posted by Graybrew1 View Post
      Can the same not be said for abortion? It is one life as well............Oh wait a minute, it is not life yet....or is it...........or when does it become it?

One min? One month? One year? Politics and religion are gray areas (no pun intended) not black and white. There is no right or wrong. No matter how strongly you feel about it.
      I disagree with this part of your statement. There is a "right and a wrong," but its determined by the individual. For example, I morally believe that abortion is wrong (using your example) unless its a case of rape, incest, or the mother's life is in danger. However, you won't find me protesting at abortion clinics because I also know of the horrors that making abortion illegal could cause. So, even though for me...abortion is wrong...I have accepted that in some cases and for others (even if its just a form of birth control) it is ok. I'm not trying to spur abortion debate...what I'm attempting to do is show you that there is a right and a wrong...however...its based on the morals of the individual and the ethics to which he/she subscribes.
      Last edited by LtColCarter; 09 February 2012, 10:19 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

You right and your wrong is an opinion to everybody else. I was also making an illustration and not trying to create a new discussion about a different topic.
        Posting at.............
        http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Sorry I still don't get the link between abortion and torture.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
            Sorry I still don't get the link between abortion and torture.
            It is all about the value of life. Did you value the lives of the ones that are saved enough to torture people? Do you value the life of the unborn fetus and if so when. That is the link. If you value LIFE you should value LIFE. I can't really explain my point anymore than that. If you think that Torture is so immoral it is not as important as the lives can be saved or not and why. I also pointed out that you might value that LIFE more if it was your loved ones and not some strangers sight unseen.
            Posting at.............

Comment

I may be wrong, but I think GB's only point was to draw a parallel on the "value of human life", nothing else. So if torture is wrong because it "devalues" human life, does that make abortion wrong because it too can be seen as devaluing human life as well.

I don't think she was trying to do anything else.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                I may be wrong, but I think GB's only point was to draw a parallel on the "value of human life", nothing else. So if torture is wrong because it "devalues" human life, does that make abortion wrong because it too can be seen as devaluing human life as well.

Yes, and create food for thought about how that perspective may or may not change if the lives in danger are your personal loved ones.

This is a hair OT, but I just watched an old TNG about when Worf came upon a Romulan prison camp that had created a society where the Klingons and Romulans lived together in harmony. To cut it short, they were losing their traditions and whatnot. Worf said he would rather die than to live like that. At first the Romulan leader had no problem putting him to death. As the scene went on others stepped in front of the firing squad as well. He was still willing to kill many. At the end, his own daughter stepped in and he changed his mind. He was willing to kill one and many, but not his own loved one. So, If you had a child of say, 5 years old with a gun to his head, would you torture somebody to save that child? Or your Parent? Or your Mate?
                Last edited by Graybrew1; 08 February 2012, 01:37 PM.
                Posting at.............

Comment

I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
                    I agree.
                    I'm confused
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm agreeing with you assessment of GB's intent with the example given....

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
                        I'm agreeing with you assessment of GB's intent with the example given....
                        Heh, I know dude, I was just feeling a bit silly
                        sigpic

Comment

Duly noted lol

Comment

So if torture is wrong because it "devalues" human life, does that make abortion wrong
                            sure, if the embryo is tortured

Comment

Life is in everything, to take it away is wrong. So why is it that they would ignore one life just so they can accomplish something else. I can understand the reasoning behind some of the actions they do but a life is a life, to ignore that is to ignore humanity, is to ignore the personality behind ever human. The people we're terrorizing are not things to play with and the babies who mothers don't want are not something we can terminate at any time, regardless of state; everything deserves a chance and everything deserves fair treatment regardless of the circumstances. Society as a whole has taboos who's origins are unknown, who's rules are also unknown; what's to say we should allow life to be subjected to society's views when we barely understand how civilization started as a whole; the routines we do, the stuff we do, I mean what does it all mean, what's the purpose of life if we don't know how life works exactly?

Sorry if I got a bit off topic there but seriously, everything deserves a chance at life; everything.
                              Back from the grave.

Comment

Careful GF, They call me "Gray" over here, I don't wish to step on Girlbots toes, she had it first here.
                                Posting at.............

Comment

Working...
                                X