This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
    Not particularly. We're debating the ethics of this dictum to CSIS. The value of life has rather little to do with the argument. There are times that the killing of another human being is acceptable. That is only debatable to a Jain, or Buddhist.
    ...and everyone else.

Comment

Not particularly. We're debating the ethics of this dictum to CSIS. The value of life has rather little to do with the argument. There are times that the killing of another human being is acceptable. That is only debatable to a Jain, or Buddhist.
      Just because you don't like my "perfect illustration" (Thanks Foley) does not mean it does not pertain to the subject at hand. Many that are tortured die as a result of it.
      Posting at.............
      http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Graybrew1 View Post
        Another question...............those that are in this mortal danger are now your kids, spouse or parents..............Still feel the same?
        Don't confuse a statement with a belief, if it were up to ME, I'd push Foley out of the way and use more than a kettle cord!
        What I AM saying is, don't fool yourself into believeing you are innocent because a "third party" did the dirty deed, thats all.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Don't confuse a statement with a belief, if it were up to ME, I'd push Foley out of the way and use more than a kettle cord!
          What I AM saying is, don't fool yourself into believeing you are innocent because a "third party" did the dirty deed, thats all.
          Fair enough. The question to all became........If it was your loved one was the one with a gun to their head would you do it to save their lives?
          Posting at.............

Comment

Just because you don't like my "perfect illustration" (Thanks Foley) does not mean it does not pertain to the subject at hand. Many that are tortured die as a result of it.
            Who said it was "only one life"? Who said it was "not life" at all? We are not debating the value of life. Clearly, the value of life is subjective. It's not even worth a debate.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
              Sure.
              THAT I can respect, weather I agree or not.

Sure and I think this is a perfect illustration to the fact. This is a gray and difficult issue. Simply put there are two questions at hand, is it acceptable to use any information generated from 'torture'? And when would it be accetable to torture someone in the first place? I will never say torture is moral, I will never use it or want it to be used lightly, and those who do use it even ifthey do it for the right reasons should probably get a warm spot reserved for them in hell. But the question again, then becomes, would you do it to save lives, socities, countries, will one man be willing to be a demon so we can live in paradise? Food for thought anyways.
              If they are willing to do what you don't have the nuts to do yourself, by what RIGHT does anyone have to Demonize them?
              sigpic

Comment

Well said.

Comment

Who said it was "only one life"? Who said it was "not life" at all? We are not debating the value of life. Clearly, the value of life is subjective. It's not even worth a debate.
                  Because it is a life. The life of said Terrorists. One to start, more if needed. GF made a Post that I quoted about how many is too much. One, Ten, Hundred....etc. I made a point that to debunk that showing the gray area this is the value of life. One min, One Day.....etc. The value of life is exactly what we are debating. If you don't value life why would you take issue with torturing Terrorists to save it? You don't like the direction I took it to make my point. Sorry. This is a valid point. If you open up a door, you never know what will come in.
                  Posting at.............

Comment

Maybe i just kill everyone. That way i get some peace and quiet and the earth is saved.
                    sigpic

Comment

Because it is a life. The life of said Terrorists. One to start, more if needed. GF made a Post that I quoted about how many is too much. One, Ten, Hundred....etc. I made a point that to debunk that showing the gray area this is the value of life. One min, One Day.....etc. The value of life is exactly what we are debating. If you don't value life why would you take issue with torturing Terrorists to save it? You don't like the direction I took it to make my point. Sorry. This is a valid point. If you open up a door, you never know what will come in.
                      I think you two are discussing different points due to your own personal veiws on when "life" begins.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                        Maybe i just kill everyone. That way i get some peace and quiet and the earth is saved.
                        *gives Mjolnir back to Ukko
                        Bear in mind though, Thor will be pissed with what you did with it
                        sigpic

Comment

I think you two are discussing different points due to your own personal veiws on when "life" begins.
                          No, I used a similar point to illustrate the point of argument. I assume you all understood how it related. I made two points and the one was another point to show another view of same discussion.
                          Posting at.............

Comment

*gives Mjolnir back to Ukko
                            Bear in mind though, Thor will be pissed with what you did with it
                            My plan brings peace on earth. He will be pleased.
                            sigpic

Comment

You quoted nothing in your post about life. In fact, you posted nothing on that page until that post. This is why we have a quote button, to ensure that the person that we are addressing or referencing is being duly noted, so we can have context. Otherwise, there is a tacit understanding that your post is a response to mine, which had nothing to do about valuing life, and rather about my views on how information on torture should be treated, as well as torture victims.

But I'm not going to argue the point anymore.
                              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

If you choose. Don't. It was insinuated. I am pretty sure anybody reading it, knew it.

My OP was a response mainly to GF. You quoted me.
                                Posting at.............

Comment

Working...
                                X