Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just sick and damned tired of pols not accepting the will of the voters. They had an election. You won or lost. Deal with it. And that goes for ballot propositions as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      I'm just sick and damned tired of pols not accepting the will of the voters. They had an election. You won or lost. Deal with it. And that goes for ballot propositions as well.
      Why did you accept trump?
      he was not voted in on the will of the people, but via a method to dilute the will of the people.
      Yes, that was the rules etc etc, but those rules do not represent the will of the people.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

He won under the system we have. That's all that matters. Moore lost under the system in use, so the same rules apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Why did you accept trump?
          he was not voted in on the will of the people, but via a method to dilute the will of the people.
          Yes, that was the rules etc etc, but those rules do not represent the will of the people.
          I didn't accept Mango Mussolini. I agree with you...his election wasn't the will of the people. Albeit, it was the outcome of the electoral system we have...that doesn't mean someone one like him should be in office. I'm glad the people saw Moore for what he is.

I'm just curious as to what will happen with Mango Mussolini regarding his alleged sexual improriatey with women? Now that all of the women are coming forward in these high profile cases, it seems that Mango's accusers are resurfacing as well.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            I didn't accept Mango Mussolini. I agree with you...his election wasn't the will of the people. Albeit, it was the outcome of the electoral system we have...that doesn't mean someone one like him should be in office. I'm glad the people saw Moore for what he is.

I'm just curious as to what will happen with Mango Mussolini regarding his alleged sexual improriatey with women? Now that all of the women are coming forward in these high profile cases, it seems that Mango's accusers are resurfacing as well.
            And I"m wondering if that is the explanation for the sudden flood of people making such claims.

Comment

If even one is true, it's unacceptable. I find it difficult to believe they are all lying
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Bet their all stinking democrats
                sigpic

Comment

Stupid bleeding hearts. I hope they bleed from the heart
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    If even one is true, it's unacceptable. I find it difficult to believe they are all lying
                    I don't doubt that there are some legitimate accusations. But don't you think the sudden flood of accusations, many of which have no corroborating evidence at all, just the word of the accuser, over the past few months is suspicious? And now we have people wanting to rehash the accusations against Trump that arose during the campaign last year. Starting to smell like a coordinated effort to me. I still don't get why Dems are being targeted as well, that don't make a lot of sense.

Oh, and another point. Since when is the simple word of an accuser enough enough to trash someone's reputation?

Comment

But don't you think the sudden flood of accusations, many of which have no corroborating evidence at all, just the word of the accuser, over the past few months is suspicious?
                      you had no problem believing those who accused Conyers or Franken

Comment

I don't doubt that there are some legitimate accusations. But don't you think the sudden flood of accusations, many of which have no corroborating evidence at all, just the word of the accuser, over the past few months is suspicious? And now we have people wanting to rehash the accusations against Trump that arose during the campaign last year. Starting to smell like a coordinated effort to me. I still don't get why Dems are being targeted as well, that don't make a lot of sense.

Oh, and another point. Since when is the simple word of an accuser enough enough to trash someone's reputation?
                        Dems are getting "targeted" because it is a NON PARTISAN issue.
                        sigpic

Comment

Your words are foreign to him. He can't see beyond politics
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Your words are foreign to him. He can't see beyond politics
                            sigpic

Comment

In short, turn it around, so the censorship benefits Trump and others on the right. Still like the idea of censorship? Or would you rather see both sides of the conversation. There are two sides to everything.
                              If a moderator bans a republican, does that mean he has to ban a democrat first to avoid looking partisan? If there's an influx of right-wing trolls, should he ban them even though it makes him appear biased ?

You're never going to get fully rid of bias.

As you said, what can be considered hateful depends, but should that mean that we can't ban conspiracy nuts harassing the survivors of gun assaults? What about antivaxxers harassing the parents of a child that died?There are plenty of politically-motivated harassers, does that mean they can't be banned despite being both objectively wrong and objectively harmful?

Your system would not allow for handling these cases. It's always going to be a murky grey area between people talking actual politics and political trolls.
                              He won under the system we have. That's all that matters. Moore lost under the system in use, so the same rules apply.
                              Trump tweets under the system we have. That system has rules, which are enforced to almost anyone but the president of the US, even though he violates the rules.

No, not at all. In fact seeing how Trump reacts, i'm reminded once more about why it's such a sensitive issue.

We blame the victim. Doesn't matter if it's true or not, but if people have to chose between believing a celeb they idolize and some nobody they never met, they'll go with the celeb.

Thirdly, many of the accusing women for weinstein are successful actors now, so they are not at a financial risk from the fallout. Like i pointed at earlier, people warned of Weinstein earlier. These people also got no acting jobs for years.

With the whole #MeToo thing, apparently a taboo was broken.

Go ask one HRC. Besides, it's also notoriously hard to prove. Have fun reliving the most horrible night of your life over and over again as you are forced to tell every intimate detail, to a group of people who don't care about the emotional baggage but just the facts. Followed by the inevitable counter-accusation that you're just doing it for money or fame. And if it's someone famous, you can be sure to get the hate of the country over you.
                              Last edited by thekillman; 13 December 2017, 09:49 PM.

Comment

FCC just shot net neutrality in the head, well done.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X