This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    When has there not been a war of some sort of fighting in the middle east? Don't try to hang that on Trump, no matter what he chooses to recognize as the capital, there will be fighting anyway.
    Fighting will be all-out war... and while Israel can count on an advanced army and probably the backing of the US, the surrounding countries will not go down gently. It'll be a massacre, and it will spread.

Regarding your statement on refugees, translation: You want the U.S. to pick up the tab. How about this. If any country or entity wants us to take in refugees, how about they take them in themselves? Put their money where their mouth is.
    No, you dip****, help out does not mean pick up the tab.

It means keeping the peace, so that people do not have a need to flee their country.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Fighting will be all-out war... and while Israel can count on an advanced army and probably the backing of the US, the surrounding countries will not go down gently. It'll be a massacre, and it will spread.

It means keeping the peace, so that people do not have a need to flee their country.
      You were the one that mentioned the lack of resources. You weren't talking about the costs? What were you talking about then?

As far as "peace" in the area, I've said this before. That is impossible as long as there is life.

Comment

You were the one that mentioned the lack of resources. You weren't talking about the costs? What were you talking about then?
        Dude, it would be the US, via it's diplomatic actions that starts an even larger war, yet you don't want to pay -anything- for doing that?
        THEN you have the absolute temerity to say "well, other people should absorb the human cost of our stupidity"?
        You really are special sometimes.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Dude, it would be the US, via it's diplomatic actions that starts an even larger war, yet you don't want to pay -anything- for doing that?
          THEN you have the absolute temerity to say "well, other people should absorb the human cost of our stupidity"?
          You really are special sometimes.
          Well, turn it around. Are you saying that the US should submit to what is essentially blackmail or extortion?

"If we don't do what you want, you will all go off killing each other and expect us to clean up the mess".

We are not responsible for their choices. If we decide to go to war with them; attack them, that's one thing. Aside from that however, we are not responsible for their actions, regardless of what we do.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            So FOX news think its legal to arrest Obama for making jokes about the President

http://www.newsweek.com/obama-should...ox-host-729343
            This surprises you?

He also endorsed a child molestor.
            You forget, Mango Mussolini would endorse a child molester because he thinks he can just grab women by the p***y.
            sigpic

Comment

Regarding your statement on refugees, translation: You want the U.S. to pick up the tab. How about this. If any country or entity wants us to take in refugees, how about they take them in themselves? Put their money where their mouth is.
              You mean like how the US plunged the Middle East into instability with Iraq, yet refuses to take in refugees despite it costing a FRACTION of the trillions they spent on that dumb war?

You're willing to spend billions, trillions, just to avoid paying a small fee.

When has there not been a war of some sort of fighting in the middle east? Don't try to hang that on Trump, no matter what he chooses to recognize as the capital, there will be fighting anyway.
              Europe was fighting all the time for thousands of years, but since the EU we've been having a peace streak. ~40 more years and it'll be the longest era of major peace in europe since probably the Roman Empire.
              Well, turn it around. Are you saying that the US should submit to what is essentially blackmail or extortion?
              There's no such thing as a free meal: either pay a small price for peace or a big price for war.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                There's no such thing as a free meal: either pay a small price for peace or a big price for war.
                One of us isn't on the same page.. The assertion was that if Trump recognized Jerusalem as the capital, it would spark a war which would generate refugees, which someone seemed to expect the US to take in and pay for because small European countries didn't have the resources (or didn't want to expend them on that) I responded that whoever wants the refugees taken in should put their money where their mouth is and take them in themselves.

How does your response relate to that?

Comment

The US would be the direct, responsible causative force, same as you have been for decades.
                  sigpic

Comment

So...how many Belgian troops are fighting ISIS? A hundred to two hundred? That's cute. I'm sure the Kurds appreciate the gesture for that is all it can ever be. Personally, the US shouldn't move until EU commits some serious muscle to it.

One of us isn't on the same page.. The assertion was that if Trump recognized Jerusalem as the capital, it would spark a war which would generate refugees, which someone seemed to expect the US to take in and pay for because small European countries didn't have the resources (or didn't want to expend them on that) I responded that whoever wants the refugees taken in should put their money where their mouth is and take them in themselves.

How does your response relate to that?
                    I wonder what other countries would follow the US?

The US would be the direct, responsible causative force, same as you have been for decades.
                    Of which the EU and the anglophone world has always been all too happy to oblige...except for maybe Iraq?
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

eh?
                      Please elaborate.
                      sigpic

Comment

eh?
                        Please elaborate.
                        Europe and anglophone countries (think British Commonwealth) have basically given the US a thumbs up until recently. And even then I still get the sense that they just want the US to fix everything and then blame it should things go wrong. Like the French in Vietnam, we didn't go there because Vietnam had full sovereignty and the communists were trying to end that sovereignty...it's because Europe decided that non-European countries didn't need sovereignty and communists offered them the ever enticing and seductive promise of real independence and self rule.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                          I wonder what other countries would follow the US?
                          As recognizing Jerusalem as the capital? No idea.

But here's a better question.

Should not that country define its capital for itself? Most countries define their capital city on their own. Why does it even make a difference what we think? Israel should define that for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            Europe and anglophone countries (think British Commonwealth) have basically given the US a thumbs up until recently. And even then I still get the sense that they just want the US to fix everything and then blame it should things go wrong. Like the French in Vietnam, we didn't go there because Vietnam had full sovereignty and the communists were trying to end that sovereignty...it's because Europe decided that non-European countries didn't need sovereignty and communists offered them the ever enticing and seductive promise of real independence and self rule.
                            Someone needs to review their history of US meddling in the M-E, with a good eye towards empire building in the US post WW2.
                            sigpic

Comment

As recognizing Jerusalem as the capital? No idea.

But here's a better question.

Should not that country define its capital for itself? Most countries define their capital city on their own. Why does it even make a difference what we think? Israel should define that for itself.
                              Do you know -why- the world has not recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel?
                              sigpic

Comment

Do you know -why- the world has not recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel?
                                Nope. As I've said, I accept that there will always be fighting and squabbling there, due to the religious significance of the region. I don't pay a great deal of attention to the area.

But whatever the reason is, it really doesn't change the facts of the matter at all. The country should define its own capital, and the rest of the planet should accept that. Just as we define Washington, DC as our capital.

Comment

Working...
                                X