X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    What the hell is a wally?
    http://www.slang-dictionary.org/australian-slang/Wally

Quite often. For example, I spent yesterday doing preventative mechanical work on my boat. No one was paying me, the boat meets legal standards as is, so there was no penalty if I didn't do it, it runs so I didn't HAVE to do it, and I can certainly think of more fun ways to spend a Saturday.
    You get something out of that, you know you can go boating and not have the engine/hull/etc fail.
    More to what you're thinking, no one paid me to register to vote back in the 70's, I didn't have to and there was no penalty if I didn't. The same applies to keeping the records up to date over the years as I've moved and such. I wanted to exercise my franchise, so I had to do what is required. Same as everyone else.
    That's right, NO penalty.

Geez man.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-0...d-fury/8787990
      sigpic

Comment

Well, if htey have a mini nuke AND seem more than willing to use it, they better be prepared to get borked over.. Unless you are ok with a nuke dropping on LA or San fran..

Comment

If the reports are accurate, they can hit into Chi-town, so it's not just the coast anymore.
          sigpic

Comment

Myself, I think its just more of same noise coming out of NK.

He doesn't seem to be a religious nut, so he's not driven to suicide by the 72 virgins or whatever reward he believes awaits him.

Even if they have developed ICBM capability, it's in its infancy, and will no doubt be plagued with problems like any project. If he does decide to strike, it's by no means certain his missiles will strike their targets.

And he has to know that if he does strike first, he cannot stand against us (& whatever allies we have) in a conventional war, which is all I really think he is capable of waging.

Since he's not a religious suicide type, I doubt he is going to do anything besides make noise.

The only question is if he actually does strike the US or ally first is should the U.S. use nukes to counterstrike or should we stay conventional?

Comment

Myself, I think its just more of same noise coming out of NK.

He doesn't seem to be a religious nut, so he's not driven to suicide by the 72 virgins or whatever reward he believes awaits him.

Even if they have developed ICBM capability, it's in its infancy, and will no doubt be plagued with problems like any project. If he does decide to strike, it's by no means certain his missiles will strike their targets.

And he has to know that if he does strike first, he cannot stand against us (& whatever allies we have) in a conventional war, which is all I really think he is capable of waging.

Since he's not a religious suicide type, I doubt he is going to do anything besides make noise.

The only question is if he actually does strike the US or ally first is should the U.S. use nukes to counterstrike or should we stay conventional?
              probably best to stay conventional.....if we hit NK with nukes our allied nation of SK would get a rather large dose of the resulting cloud of radioactive poison....and I think so would Japan to a certain extent and I think they've had quite enough of our nukes

Comment

It's not NK I am worried about -starting- a hot war.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.55339375ebeb
                Last edited by Gatefan1976; 08 August 2017, 06:01 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  If the reports are accurate, they can hit into Chi-town, so it's not just the coast anymore.
                  If all goes right that's true.

BUT what made me laugh is one of the liberals on another site said "Trumps a war monger if he goes in and attacks them first." To which someone asked "So what will you liberals response be if we wait to get attacked"?

And that liberal goes "We will heckle the hell out of trump for not doing anything to stop him of course".

So To liberals, he's damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't..

If he hits first, we have alerady likely lost close to a few hundred thousand in the nuke blast.. Followed by any retaliation strikes against South korea.. Yes he won't win, but the cost of conventional war will be bloody as hell..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    If all goes right that's true.

BUT what made me laugh is one of the liberals on another site said "Trumps a war monger if he goes in and attacks them first." To which someone asked "So what will you liberals response be if we wait to get attacked"?
                    So, what is your problem?
                    Wasn't it "killary" you were worried about starting a war?
                    And that liberal goes "We will heckle the hell out of trump for not doing anything to stop him of course".

So To liberals, he's damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't..
                    Are you surprised?
                    Trumps BASE (and I mean his hardcore base, not people who just wanted to shake up the system) bought into Obama being
                    1: Not American
                    2: Not Christian, but a secret Muslim
                    3: The Founder of ISIS

This ****, who was a leading person in spraying this crap all over your political airwaves had a hand in ALL of that, so don't give me "this is unfair" and "the right did not respond like this", cause if you do, you are full of more effluent than the Ganges river.
                    If he hits first, we have alerady likely lost close to a few hundred thousand in the nuke blast..
                    Few hundred thousand? Not unless he hits a major population centre, and they are all liberal, so why care?
                    Followed by any retaliation strikes against South korea.. Yes he won't win, but the cost of conventional war will be bloody as hell..
                    Not with N Korea, but perhaps with China.
                    sigpic

Comment

People are still dying from radiation from Chernobyl and that was a concentrated dose in a relatively small area with minimal atmospheric contamination. A nuke that will send radiation into the atmosphere? It will kill untold millions not just immediately but over many generations. Not just directly but also via contaminated food and water supplies and the diseases that will result from the following famines as food supplies dwindle and refugees swamp surrounding areas trying to get to safety.

IT's bloody stupid that we even still have nuclear weapons

In the past while they've been a threat it's been a relatively minor one since those with their fingers on the triggers would understand the horrors they would unleash. I have very serious doubts that 45 does. He blusters, bullies and threatens and right now the biggest hope many can have is that his advisors and troops will be smart enough to NOT follow that order if he gives it.

45's personality is the expectation that everyoen and anyone does anything he wants done. THat they are totally loyal to him and that they not mind and in fact expect, that he will exploit them to make a buck, which at the same time, if needed, he will sacrifice them to save himself. (this isn't my fault, it's his, I fired him, so problem solved)

That's not a good personality to run a country. Unfortunately it's a personality that NK's leader shares. Except he simply kills anyone that dares to disagree with him while 45 fires them or sues them if they fight it.

We have two immature people trying to one up the other and both of them lack the maturity to say 'yeah, whatever' and walk away.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        IT's bloody stupid that we even still have nuclear weapons
                        That would be fine if NO ONE had them. But since that is not possible, it wouldn't be good if we didn't have them and others did.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                          probably best to stay conventional.....if we hit NK with nukes our allied nation of SK would get a rather large dose of the resulting cloud of radioactive poison....and I think so would Japan to a certain extent and I think they've had quite enough of our nukes
                          In the event of war, and we do use nukes, I would rather something along the lines of small, tactical nukes targeting NK's military leadership, rather than large scale bombing of cities.

Comment

In the event of war, and we do use nukes, I would rather something along the lines of small, tactical nukes targeting NK's military leadership, rather than large scale bombing of cities.
                            There's still the radiation cloud to consider. And I don't know how you would contain the cloud of radioactive poison just to NK. Even with tactical nukes the radiation cloud has every chance of slowly poisoning SK and parts of China and Japan. I'm not opposed to dealing with Dictator Fathead. I just wouldn't wanna risk slowly poisoning adjacent nations with a cloud of thermonuclear fallout. I think we've advanced to the point where we could probably obliterate NK from the air solely with coventional bombs. China could still be a wild card too. Will China come to NK's aid like they did the last time we tried to invade NK? Of course a lot of people say that China is just as sick of Dictator Fathead's crap as everyone else and likely wouldn't lift a finger to bail him out. But we shall see how this progresses I guess.

Comment

As I recall, Chernobyl's radiation made it around the world, just in smaller doses that weren't as dangerous as large ones. And it's not a massive mushroom cloud tossing all that stuff up into the upper atmosphere.

ANY nuke will have world wide effects. Not just physical ones from the radiation and the decades/generations of genetic mutations and cancer it'll cause, but environmental from the ash and dust plus emotional and economical....the world's markets will crash and react and it may or may not be something that is easily recovered from. Those afraid of a crash will pull their money out causing a crash. People will rush banks to get their money and rush stores to hoard supplies.

It will be the chaos of 911 on steroids.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                As I recall, Chernobyl's radiation made it around the world, just in smaller doses that weren't as dangerous as large ones. And it's not a massive mushroom cloud tossing all that stuff up into the upper atmosphere.

ANY nuke will have world wide effects. Not just physical ones from the radiation and the decades/generations of genetic mutations and cancer it'll cause, but environmental from the ash and dust plus emotional and economical....the world's markets will crash and react and it may or may not be something that is easily recovered from. Those afraid of a crash will pull their money out causing a crash. People will rush banks to get their money and rush stores to hoard supplies.

It will be the chaos of 911 on steroids.
                                As far as market crashes/panics/etc., I don't think it will matter if we respond with either conventional or nuclear. A war will likely crash things.
                                Surely you don't suggest we don't respond if NK strikes the U.S. or an ally with a nuke?

Comment

Working...
                                X