This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Ok, so government gives money to prisons that commit murder, I want to shut down prisons because of my deep conviction that the death penalty is murder.
    That works, right?
    You can try that argument if you wish, but it won't hold up. Prisons and a criminal justice system is a non-optional function of any society, because you will always have people that behave badly. You can't get away without having them, while abortion as birth control is an entirely OPTIONAL activity. If they keep their pants on, the pregnancy doesn't occur.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
      Once you understand that if the govt. gives X dollars to PP "for other purposes", it frees up other PP money to do abortions, your case falls to shambles.
      You do realize you just admitted to not reading the stuff I posted about PP, do you?

Are you really that comfortable being ignorant? Or thick?
      Doesn't matter if I read it or not. I *KNOW* PP provides other services.
      And I also know that you are not that brain-dead; you understand what I'm saying; that if they are given $ by the govt, that frees up other money they already had earmarked for something else and that money can now be used to provide abortions.

You just don't like or accept my stance that no govt. $ be used to provide abortions. If they want to provide other services, and want assistance, they can stop doing abortions.

Comment

The Japanese were already defeated by the time August rolled around; they didn't have much of a navy left, we had decimated it during the course of the war. Midway alone cost them 4 top line carriers, I think. They had 0 chance of winning.

But Hirohito was just too damned stubborn to quit.

Comment

Was anyone not spying on Lord Damp Nut?

Comment

Funny how our GCHQ's 'denial' didn't actually say 'nope we didn't do that' but rather contained what many would consider to be nothing more than playground banter.

Comment

This is what happens when the president gets all his information from Fox "News" because he's "too intelligent" to need intelligence briefings..

Comment

In non-Trump related news, Israeli Air Force has struck again inside Syria, taking out a Hezbollah-bound weapons convoy. The Syrian military responded by firing surface-to-air missiles at the Israeli warplanes to no effect (although Syria claims to have downed one of the Israeli jets and hit another). One of the Syrian missiles was intercepted by the Israeli Arrow 2 missile defense system, because it could fall in a populated area. This marks the first successful operational use of the Arrow system against an enemy missile; apparently it can deal with more than just ballistic missiles.
                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  You can try that argument if you wish, but it won't hold up. Prisons and a criminal justice system is a non-optional function of any society, because you will always have people that behave badly. You can't get away without having them, while abortion as birth control is an entirely OPTIONAL activity. If they keep their pants on, the pregnancy doesn't occur.
                  The death penalty is an -optional- punishment, most countries run criminal justice and prisons fine without it.
                  Try again.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

What?
                    A) It seems very convienient that NOT EVEN 2 hours passed after the trial's end, and his publishing his 43 page ruling. I mean i know PLENTY of typists, who couldn't crank out 43 pages of stuff, PROOF read them and ensure they are articulate and match the law in 4 hrs, let alone under 2.
                    and B) Gee whizz.. He's a classmate of Obama, who JUST so happens to be in Hawaii, and JUST so happened to have a dinner date, 40 minutes out of his way from where he was playing golf, at a restaurant that is JUST 5 minutes from where this judge lives..
                    We all got outraged with the tarmack meeting between Bill and Loretta Lynch..
                    So why is THAT coincidence not being spoken of??

He needs REASONS to exercise that -listen carefully- NON CONSTITUTIONAL LEGAL POWER.
                    Gee.. "THESE states are in such turmoil, that cause of lack of proper documentation, there is no way we can properly VET those coming out of those countries in a short time. Ergo we need MORE time, hence the travel hold.." That is more than imo enough of a reason..

Garhkal, this is the answer I wanted to hear from you (albeit obviously pro-ban since you are on Trump's side).
                    So cause of political speech (which last time i looked was still protected), that should 'trump' the written article itself?

You do realize that had his reasons been plausible the ban might still be in place, right?
                    Actually, IMO No. See Schumer, who flat out said, "No matter who the republicans nominate to fill in Scalia's spot, we will block it"..

IT IS cause of that sort of mentality, that i feel no matter WHAT logic/reasons/facts Trump had on his side, i feel ALL These liberals would still be frothing at the mouth, and goign to their favored liberal activist judges to halt it..

Ever hear of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights?
                    yes i have. However, THAT doesn't override OUR Constitution, NOR does it extend our constitutional rights to people who are NOT legal residents, US citizens or others, ESPECIALLY when they are not in the bloody country..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      A) It seems very convienient that NOT EVEN 2 hours passed after the trial's end, and his publishing his 43 page ruling. I mean i know PLENTY of typists, who couldn't crank out 43 pages of stuff, PROOF read them and ensure they are articulate and match the law in 4 hrs, let alone under 2.
                      and B) Gee whizz.. He's a classmate of Obama, who JUST so happens to be in Hawaii, and JUST so happened to have a dinner date, 40 minutes out of his way from where he was playing golf, at a restaurant that is JUST 5 minutes from where this judge lives..
                      We all got outraged with the tarmack meeting between Bill and Loretta Lynch..
                      So why is THAT coincidence not being spoken of??
                      Read it for yourself:
                      http://www.vox.com/2017/3/15/1494094...gee-travel-ban

EDIT:
                      Oh, and as for Obama, OMG!!! He was at home in Hawaii!!
                      Conspiracy!!
                      40 minutes away!!
                      On an Island that takes at most 2 hours to drive across!!
                      Sheesh, I thought you would just be happy he was not in his "bunker" from where he runs the deep state just down the road from trump!!

Gee.. "THESE states are in such turmoil, that cause of lack of proper documentation, there is no way we can properly VET those coming out of those countries in a short time. Ergo we need MORE time, hence the travel hold.." That is more than imo enough of a reason..
                      "IMO" is not a legal statement, unless you are a judge making a ruling.
                      yes i have. However, THAT doesn't override OUR Constitution, NOR does it extend our constitutional rights to people who are NOT legal residents, US citizens or others, ESPECIALLY when they are not in the bloody country..
                      You understand what "universal" means, right?
                      Also, US constitutional rights are not being "extended" to anyone in this case, it is the US judicial branch operating as a check on US executive power -as it has the right to do under the US constitution-
                      Last edited by Gatefan1976; 17 March 2017, 01:17 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by Annoyed
                        We know precisely what activity causes pregnancy. If you don't want to get pregnant, don't engage in that activity. As contraception goes, it's 100% effective.
                        So, where are you putting the blame here? Is it the woman's fault or the man's? Or both?
                        This is one of the most interesting aspects of the whole debate on reproductive responsibility.
                        By any moral, ethical or other standard, save one, the responsibility lies equally with both the man and the woman.

The problem is the one standard where it is not equal. This standard is not defined by man, it is defined by God, Goddess, Evolution, or whatever process you believe led to our existence.

Women bear the children in their bodies. There is nothing anyone can do about this. As a result, like it or not, ethical or not, they have more to risk than a male does. Therefore, it is incumbent upon them to be more careful in their choices of who to take their pants off for. Is it fair? No. But since it cannot be changed, it is a fact they must accept.

Comment

So, they bear the greater risk, but don't have the right to manage that risk because some people don't like it............
                          sigpic

Comment

So, they bear the greater risk, but don't have the right to manage that risk because some people don't like it............
                            Annoyed is a straight, old, single man with no kids. Of course he gets to decide when women he's never met, and will never meet, get to reproduce.

Comment

"Managing that risk" is not an excuse for murder.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                "Managing that risk" is not an excuse for murder.
                                I'm still waiting for your excuse to exercise the death penalty, cause your flashing your double standards right now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X