This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    I find it interesting that the most vocal of Trump's opponents on this board, GF, FH, SR & PH to list 4 off the top of my head are not USA residents/citizens, but the more vocal defenders of Trump's administration such as myself, garhkal & MG are US citizens/residents.
    Wonder if our local perspective give us a view that the outsiders lack?
    I find it interesting that the most vocal of Kim Jong's opponents on this planet are not NK residents/citizens, but the more vocal defenders of Kim Jong such as all of the NK population are NK citizens/residents
    Wonder if their local perspective give them a view that the outsiders lack?

Good news out of the Democrats!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ther-left.html

So, get spanked at the polls by a decidedly right-turning electorate, and they want to go farther left.

*snicker*
    considering that Bernie would've (likely) defeated the LSOS that's not a bad move actually

outside the US the Democrats are considered right-wing (just not as hardline as the GOP)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
      you're still assuming the LSOS will let himself be subjected to the law. but for argument's sake let's say he does
      At some point, he will be.
      sounds contradictory - you saying Pence could also somehow be impeached? on what charges?
      if he's worse than the LSOS yet no charges can be levelled against him (worse, if he's reinforced by his apparent "competence") then the commonfolk will be even worse off
      If Pence can dodge all the crap flying around the WH, then no, he cannot be impeached. Like I said, you would have to have the goods on everyone.
      playing's not the problem - winning is

he's already on the throne so what if he plays Putin-style?
      I have more faith in the American people as a whole than you.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Good news out of the Democrats!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ther-left.html

So, get spanked at the polls by a decidedly right-turning electorate, and they want to go farther left.

*snicker*
        The people did not vote trump in, the EC did.
        Trump got spanked at the polls by the electorate.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          If Pence can dodge all the crap flying around the WH, then no, he cannot be impeached. Like I said, you would have to have the goods on everyone
          hence why I said nothing to laugh about
          best case scenario if the LSOS is ousted it won't even be a best case scenario since something even worse & more unstoppable will rise from the ashes

now if the LSOS and his entire government were to be somehow uh, "poisoned by his enemies" then we can have a good laugh

I have more faith in the American people as a whole than you.
          it's faith alrite

commendable

Comment

I find it interesting that the most vocal of Kim Jong's opponents on this planet are not NK residents/citizens, but the more vocal defenders of Kim Jong such as all of the NK population are NK citizens/residents
            Wonder if their local perspective give them a view that the outsiders lack?
            Well, there is the fact that Jong will have local opposition shot. I don't recall any on this board threatening to shoot people who don't like Trump or the Republicans.

Comment

I find it interesting that the most vocal of Trump's opponents on this board, GF, FH, SR & PH to list 4 off the top of my head are not USA residents/citizens, but the more vocal defenders of Trump's administration such as myself, garhkal & MG are US citizens/residents.
              Wonder if our local perspective give us a view that the outsiders lack?

I don't think you could call MG a "Vocal defender" of Trump. You are also missing a valuable aspect here. I've been here long enough to know that there are a good number of conservative foreigners (how ever far you can use that term with foreigners) as well as liberal Americans in Gateworld. Many only post in limited threads these days. Many others have gone on to other none gateworld things. A few don't bother engaging in this conversation or conversations.

Take them into consideration, and you'd find many American posters who do have serious issues with El Presidente Trump. What it looks like to me here is that you're trying to manufacture a reality that simply doesn't exist. That you're trying to make it look like the majority here in the US likes Trump while those who don't like them are more likely foreigners because in your mind it makes sense.

But the reality is contrary to that. Simply put, nearly 9 million more voters decided not to vote for Trump than those who did. That's almost 59% of those who voted, did not cast their vote for Trump. It's safe to say that at least half of America has many reservations about Trump if not dislikes him.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

Well, there is the fact that Jong will have local opposition shot. I don't recall any on this board threatening to shoot people who don't like Trump or the Republicans.

I think his point was that there is fault in that line of logic. That you may be ignoring other variables at play. Then again, he is Soul...
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

ATM, you are just rounding them up.
                  Make sure you get them trains running on time.
                  sigpic

Comment

hence why I said nothing to laugh about
                    best case scenario if the LSOS is ousted it won't even be a best case scenario since something even worse & more unstoppable will rise from the ashes

now if the LSOS and his entire government were to be somehow uh, "poisoned by his enemies" then we can have a good laugh
                    Hence the long game.

it's faith alrite

commendable
                    More Americans voted for Hillary than trump.
                    There have been mass protests at every terrible act.
                    Town halls are revolting.

There is more evidence that the people of the USA are not happy with what is going on than people that are.
                    It's not exactly baseless hope.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

I think his point was that there is fault in that line of logic. That you may be ignoring other variables at play. Then again, he is Soul...
                      yeah man it's quite possible I support glorious supreme leader Kim Jong*
                      you know how much I hold Government authority in high regard

ATM, you are just rounding them up.
                      Make sure you get them trains running on time.
                      question is will his opponents be on the trains or under them

* btw why tf isn't NK considered a monarchy?

Comment

Everything on Fox is right, right?
                        sigpic

Comment

1: You are not the only country in the world to have a constitution, you just have one of the longest standing ones. Indeed, the Weimar Republic had a constitution.
                          2: Yes you do have a system of checks and balances, the Congress can put a check on the Presidents power, but as you like to note, Republicans currently hold all major branches of government. Other Checks can be the Judiciary, but for that to be an effective check, you need to respect the judiciary and calling judges you don't agree with "so called judges" and undercutting their legitimacy in the eyes of the people erodes the effectiveness of that check. The other major check is the Press and the free flow of information to the people. That too is currently being delegitimized directly from the president. So, while it is true to say you have checks and balances, one will not act against the president so long as it serves the interests of the party, and the other 2 are being eroded on a daily basis.
                          How effective will those checks be?

What on the "right" side is good -for the people-?
                          Congress, even when being held by the Republicans won't give him a blank check to try to stage a takeover, coup or anything else of the sort. And neither would the judiciary. How quickly did the recent ban on immigrants from several mostly Muslim countries take to get tied up in the courts?

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

I don't think you could call MG a "Vocal defender" of Trump. You are also missing a valuable aspect here. I've been here long enough to know that there are a good number of conservative foreigners (how ever far you can use that term with foreigners) as well as liberal Americans in Gateworld. Many only post in limited threads these days. Many others have gone on to other none gateworld things. A few don't bother engaging in this conversation or conversations.

Take them into consideration, and you'd find many American posters who do have serious issues with El Presidente Trump. What it looks like to me here is that you're trying to manufacture a reality that simply doesn't exist. That you're trying to make it look like the majority here in the US likes Trump while those who don't like them are more likely foreigners because in your mind it makes sense.

But the reality is contrary to that. Simply put, nearly 9 million more voters decided not to vote for Trump than those who did. That's almost 59% of those who voted, did not cast their vote for Trump. It's safe to say that at least half of America has many reservations about Trump if not dislikes him.
                            I was just talking about this particular message board, this section.
                            No way in hades are we as a group representative of the general population.

Comment

Congress, even when being held by the Republicans won't give him a blank check to try to stage a takeover, coup or anything else of the sort.
                              As long as he serves their purposes, yes they will, and already do. They will do nothing to stop him unless they are given no choice.
                              And neither would the judiciary. How quickly did the recent ban on immigrants from several mostly Muslim countries take to get tied up in the courts?
                              A day, but that is not what I am talking about. I am talking about the delegitimizing of the checks and balances provided by the press and the judiciary. You don't just shut them all down in one hit, you erode public confidence in them (fake news, enemy of the people, "so called" judge). You make it acceptable to delegitimize the checks and balances provided by such forces, You tell the people they are living in a hellhole, you provide the people a target for all their woes, and the people soon don't care what you do to "them" as long as "we" are safe.
                              sigpic

Comment

Everything on Fox is right, right?
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOAD0_Ito8E
                                he's obviously a Subversive Anarchist Government-hating Commie

Comment

Working...
                                X