X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Never mind the legalities for a minute.

If somebody is stupid enough to deliberately place their body in the path of a 2+ thousand Lb motor vehicle for any reason, I really don't care what happens to him. Hopefully it happens before he has a chance to reproduce and pass those genes on.
    Everyone! Annoyed is "Pro-Life".

And arguing for the right to kill with his car.

If a car is speeding through a crossing. Or mounts the pavement. Or drives through a shop window. Those are all covered too, because "accidents" happen.

The soft, squishy human will always be at fault if this passes. The two thousand pound metal box propelled by explosions has more rights than a living person.

Again. Pro-Life.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
      Thanks for proving my point that "progress", "new" and "improvement" are not always the same thing.

No I didn't know that Trump's new bedfellows were worth the same as the bottom 35% of the population, nor though am I surprised, to play devils advocate, Trump only promised to "remove the political elite / politically corrupt" from those positions (aka drain the swamp), he never said who he would replace them with so technically he hasn't been dishonest over it

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
        Thanks for proving my point that "progress", "new" and "improvement" are not always the same thing.
        I wouldn't call it progress, more regressive.
        No I didn't know that Trump's new bedfellows were worth the same as the bottom 35% of the population, nor though am I surprised, to play devils advocate, Trump only promised to "remove the political elite / politically corrupt" from those positions (aka drain the swamp), he never said who he would replace them with so technically he hasn't been dishonest over it
        You are quite right, he didn't say what he would replace them with, he merely heavily implied that they would be for the people.
        Guess the people are just S.O.L.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

If a car is speeding through a crossing. Or mounts the pavement. Or drives through a shop window. Those are all covered too, because "accidents" happen.

The soft, squishy human will always be at fault if this passes. The two thousand pound metal box propelled by explosions has more rights than a living person.

Again. Pro-Life.
          But what if he hits a pregnant woman?
          Oh the moral dilemma!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
            apples to oranges again I see
            Something is orange alright.

so when someone in a vehicle hits a person you automatically assume it was pre-meditated, automatically assume that the driver woke up that morning like "oh I think I'll flatten an idiot today eh? so how's that sad little "guilty until proven innocent" world working out for you?
            In regards to the bill, which allows for vehicular manslaughter if the target is in the way of the vehicle. However, the vehicle is not in control of its actions. There's a driver behind the wheel, who makes the choice to drive through a protest, committing vehical manslaughter in the worst case scenario. In other scenarios, they are "deliberately" forcing themselves through a blockade, hurting protesters in the process. That is a conscious choice.

People who block emergency vehicles, and first responders, should be arrested and be held accountable for their obstructions (which could endanger lives).

and you still fail to see that there's a big difference between killing someone in self-defense and a cold-blooded murder...it seems to me that if you had your way everyone who's attacked would be required to just sit there and take it and not fight back
            There's no difference -- the end result is death, in both cases.

The difference, self-defense can either run or fight if there's no way to run (or hide). Cold-blooded killer makes the choice to kill and usually enjoy a good killing. Crimes of passion and opportunity are different murderous categories than the CBK -- but killer nonetheless.

However, when you decide to take your vehicle through a protesting group, that's not self-defense. Your life isn't in immediate danger from the protesters outside your vehicle. And a car is still a lot faster than runners so turn around or drive past them, and hightail it out.

That's manslaughter (if anyone should come to pass).

How would that be protected? If you note the word "accidentally" is written into the bill. Driving a truck into a crowd is no accident.
            Proof it.

If somebody is stupid enough to deliberately place their body in the path of a 2 thousand+ Lb motor vehicle for any reason, I really don't care what happens to him. Hopefully it happens before he has a chance to reproduce and pass those genes on.
            Oh dear, abortions better not be outlawed then.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            But what if he hits a pregnant woman?
            Oh the moral dilemma!!
            She's in front of the car -- pregnancy be damned.

In other news...
            It's now legal in Mississippi to discriminate against LGBT on religious and moral grounds.

Edit: Correction, it was legal. Federal judge struck it down. It apparently was signed into law in April 2016, and struck down over the summer.
            Last edited by Falcon Horus; 27 January 2017, 12:20 AM. Reason: Correction of information regarding a law in Mississippi.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And more brains than any soft squishy thing that walks in front of it, too.

Comment

*run over Annoyed with car*

Where is my medal?
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

*pins a medal on Jel's chest*
                  sigpic

Comment

So the USA wants to build a border wall.

Logically shouldn't the USA pay for that wall?

Why should anyone else pay for the wall?

Lazy people pay for your own wall.
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

another update on the 1st amendment (what's left of it)

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/b...ews-media.html

herr Goeb(bannon)els has spoken und he is absolutely right, ja!

Comment

Yeah, the media should just shut up. Interesting approach for him to take
                        sigpic

Comment

Trump is now calling the wall 'The Great Wall'

The Great Wall of Trump sounds even less appealing when trump means fart where you live....

Comment

Snort
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm sure there some ironic antidote there to telling the media to shut up in one sentence then telling them to quote you in the next....

Comment

Antidote??
                                Quick Ian-S has been poisoned!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X