This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    I can't stand either of them. Much prefer some of the good oldies from the 80s and early 90s.. like Lisa Stansfield..
    I will give Madonna credit for one good tune.. "Papa Don't Preach", which deals with the consequences of most of the rest of her material.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
      FH said it best but basically the likes of Madonna have millions of people who hang on their every word, to quote a recent event she could probably kill someone and her fans would find a way to excuse it.
      Madonna and Trump could be friends.

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
      Well, one is our President now, so what he thinks about politics matters a great deal.

What always gets me is why is it the feds job to fund victims of DV?? And why only women (as that bill covers)??
      Because if they leave it up to the states, one wouldn't even bother, the other would bother with little or a lot, and thus a great divide. Federal funding means fair funding for all.

I wasn't aware, it was Women only, but I guess the name could give it away. Or perhaps they just are the bigger group, and men are lumped in as an afterthought.

However, seen that image of Trump signing that GagRule back into executive order action -- not a woman in sight. Yet, slashing federal funding for international US-based health organizations providing health care and family planning to the most poorest in the world (I imagine, orgs like Doctors Without Borders).

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      I heard that on my fakebook feed.... I still use fakebook.
      I do too.

Aren't people upset about this?
      They are.
      Twitter-feed is filled with angry and upset comments.

Did Trump just hint at stealing oil from Iraq?
      I thought he was not for another war.
      H claims he never said that. Whether he was for or against the Gulf War, I mean. He was for, or against -- can't remember. Must be alternative facts.

But yeah, he did say they should just go in and take it. I wanna see him try. Especially now that Russia is expanding its influence in the Middle-East.

Originally posted by Womble View Post
      Madonna before elections: "Free oral sex for anyone who votes Hillary!".
      Ah, that explains why the EC didn't do their duty when it mattered... Can't blame them now.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I can't stand either of them. Much prefer some of the good oldies from the 80s and early 90s.. like Lisa Stansfield..

Ooh she's good

Was also partial to Bonnie Tyler and Laura Brannigan
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Here is a copy of a tweet ....
          https://twitter.com/POTUS
          If Chicago doesn't fix the horrible "carnage" going on, 228 shootings in 2017 with 42 killings (up 24% from 2016), I will send in the Feds!
          And you all were petrified of Obama sending in the boots....

Seems like Tribblehead is going to do that for you.
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 24 January 2017, 09:48 PM. Reason: Link inserted.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            I will give Madonna credit for one good tune.. "Papa Don't Preach", which deals with the consequences of most of the rest of her material.
            My top Madonna songs by album;
            Madonna album - Holiday
            Like a virgin - none really stand out to me
            True blue album - La isla bonita, papa don't preach
            Like a prayer album - Like a prayer and Dear Jessie, Also liked Oh father
            Erotica album - Rain
            Bedtime stories - Take a bow,
            Ray of light and Music - none
            Compliation album Something to remember - this used to be my playground and I'll remember.

That's 10 songs out of just over 120 or so she's done..

Ooh she's good

I love me some Bonnie. To go over all decades (inc up to now) i would add (Female singers/groups), Annei Lenox, Aretha Franklin, Belinda Carlisle, Cindy Lauper (just her 80s stuff), The Corrs, Emma Bunton, En Vogue, Gloria Estefan, Jessica Sanchez (love her song, Gentlemen), Jojo, Jordan sparks, Kim Wilde, Kylie Minogue (yea i know i am gonna get slack for that one), Lea Michele (of Glee fame!), Katharine Mcphee, Mariah Carey (mostly her first 3 albums), Natilie Imbruglia, Paula Abdul (again just her first 2 albums), Roxette, Sheena Easton, Sophie B Hawkins, Tpau, and even Whitney before she got in with Bobby brown.

Comment

Aha..... Nice to see someone else knows T'Pau... They were a cool band.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Ah, that explains why the EC didn't do their duty when it mattered... Can't blame them now.
                The Electoral College DID do as they were supposed to. They voted for the people whom they had pledged to vote for, with few exceptions.

Comment

Ooh she's good

"Total Eclipse of the Heart" is fantastic. I still play that fairly often. And not the short version released for top 40, but the full version.

Comment

My top Madonna songs by album;
                    Madonna album - Holiday
                    Like a virgin - none really stand out to me
                    True blue album - La isla bonita, papa don't preach
                    Like a prayer album - Like a prayer and Dear Jessie, Also liked Oh father
                    Erotica album - Rain
                    Bedtime stories - Take a bow,
                    Ray of light and Music - none
                    Compliation album Something to remember - this used to be my playground and I'll remember.

That's 10 songs out of just over 120 or so she's done..

I love me some Bonnie. To go over all decades (inc up to now) i would add (Female singers/groups), Annei Lenox, Aretha Franklin, Belinda Carlisle, Cindy Lauper (just her 80s stuff), The Corrs, Emma Bunton, En Vogue, Gloria Estefan, Jessica Sanchez (love her song, Gentlemen), Jojo, Jordan sparks, Kim Wilde, Kylie Minogue (yea i know i am gonna get slack for that one), Lea Michele (of Glee fame!), Katharine Mcphee, Mariah Carey (mostly her first 3 albums), Natilie Imbruglia, Paula Abdul (again just her first 2 albums), Roxette, Sheena Easton, Sophie B Hawkins, Tpau, and even Whitney before she got in with Bobby brown.
                    Yeah, I agree with you on Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston. Their early material is great, but they changed and not in a good way. And don't even get me started on Bobby Brown.

Also in that list, I like Belinda Carlisle, Kim Wilde, Kylie Minoque (who was in one of the Doctor Who Christmas specials a few years back) and some Sheena Easton.

Comment

Here is a copy of a tweet ....
                      https://twitter.com/POTUS

If Chicago doesn't fix the horrible "carnage" going on, 228 shootings in 2017 with 42 killings (up 24% from 2016), I will send in the Feds!
                      And you all were petrified of Obama sending in the boots....

Did you FUBAR the quote or did Trump forget what year it is?

Oh and at 'Tribblehead'...

Comment

I approve.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                        The Electoral College DID do as they were supposed to. They voted for the people whom they had pledged to vote for, with few exceptions.
                        See, they didn't want a blowjob from Madonna...
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Spend money on science BAD
                          Spend money to chase your elusive BS, GOOD.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...illegal-voting

I wonder what will happen if this blows up in his face..........
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

and lemme guess - the LSOS won't investigate on the real fraud ie involvement of the Kremlin?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                              and lemme guess - the LSOS won't investigate on the real fraud ie involvement of the Kremlin?
                              It's harder to prove fraud when it's basis is propaganda and gullibility.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Just an innocent observation as a non-American. Trump has won the election. We don't know whether he will be a good or a bad president, but he is the President now. What will you do now? Will you waste the following 4 years of your beautiful life with hate and protest against this decision? You are more important for your friends and family then any current president, so don't let your energies, feelings and time be wasted in a neverending political game while you could use them for more important things.
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X